• Network: NBC
Season #: 1, 2
5.2

1. ChicagoViewer
    Mar 2, 2008
    What an abomination. More cliches per second than an encyclopedia of cliches.
  2. voodoocookie
    Mar 5, 2008
    Saw the pilot long time ago and was enough to put me off not to ever give this show another chance! Heard Cashmere Mafia is similiar type show and this pilot was such a waste of time that I have decided not to give the other show a chance at all!
  3. AngelicaH
    Feb 24, 2008
    Sex in the City this is not! Characters are shallow, whiny, chaotic. Not only can I not identify with them, but I simply don't want to. On any level. The failed designer (thnak God for the billionaire swooping in to the rescue!), film mogul (I can't imagine handling problems the way she does; by immaturely visiting a former nanny to find out "why?" on a dishy tell-all book), and Sex in the City this is not! Characters are shallow, whiny, chaotic. Not only can I not identify with them, but I simply don't want to. On any level. The failed designer (thnak God for the billionaire swooping in to the rescue!), film mogul (I can't imagine handling problems the way she does; by immaturely visiting a former nanny to find out "why?" on a dishy tell-all book), and the magazine mogul (or maybe a confused high school junior who needs attention and admiration). Don't waste a precious hour of your life watching this drivel. Collapse
  4. BrandonS.
    Feb 7, 2008
    Sex and the City was terrible. So why would anyone think a knock-off of that show would be any good? Send a message to the networks: steer clear of this one.
  5. Fantasy
    Feb 8, 2008
    This show is a dog. I couldn't even watch the end as 40 minutes were enough to see that this turkey is Dead On Arrival.
  6. belindah
    May 13, 2008
    Dull. The characters have no charisma!
  7. Jan 24, 2011
    A cheap knock off of sex and the city with a few minor changes. The acting is appalling at best, the characters are a vapid waste of space & completely unlikeable. How on earth did this get on tv & dvd? Therein lies the true miracle.

1. This is a high gloss, prime-time soap but it's a tad too earnest.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Lipstick Jungle is full of awful lines.
  3. Thoroughly average and unfailingly adequate, NBC's Lipstick Jungle is easier to like than ABC's cold, cynical "Cashmere Mafia," but that's like putting lipstick on a pig, albeit a pig dressed in couture.