Lipstick Jungle : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
5.2

1. DoreenA.
    Feb 17, 2008
    I like the story line as well as the actors. Looking forward to watching . Needed something to replace sex in the city.
  2. MJW.
    Feb 9, 2008
    I found this show to be exceptionally endearing. I am glad to see a show about older, more mature women who are professionally successful but still deal with the same family issues as we regular women do. I loved it.
  3. Anneo
    Mar 19, 2008
    I love the fashion of the show and the sex scenes are wonderful.
  4. sarahr
    Mar 6, 2008
    I love this show! I can hardly wait for Thursday nights. I love the Niko character and understand her life. TV and the hour long "soap" looks good on her. "Victory" is so lovable and adorable that she makes you want her biggest dreams to come true. How many other characters on TV make you hope for the hopeless? I loved Sex and the City and I think this is the mature, suspenseful, and I love this show! I can hardly wait for Thursday nights. I love the Niko character and understand her life. TV and the hour long "soap" looks good on her. "Victory" is so lovable and adorable that she makes you want her biggest dreams to come true. How many other characters on TV make you hope for the hopeless? I loved Sex and the City and I think this is the mature, suspenseful, and glamours cousin to a great show about women for women! I hope it is doing well in the ratings because I won't know what I would do if this were to be cancelled. It makes Cashmere Mofia look like a dark, sad rip-off of this spicy and captivating show. ABC screwed up and NBC got it right! Expand
  5. LorraineI
    Jan 11, 2009
    Love Love Love It !!!!
  6. ShayS
    Sep 20, 2009
    I never watched "Sex and City" but from what I saw of the 2008 movie, Lipstick Jungle, as NOTHING similar to City. Along with my, millions of fans got disappointed when the show was canceled. Some networks are just sad, and only read the paper reviews, and NOT the FANS reviews.
  7. PeterP.
    Feb 7, 2008
    Not that bad, eyecandy makes it 9.
  8. AW
    Mar 6, 2008
    It's fun, entertaining, and not meant to be like a Tweenkie. (Not a long shelf-life.) And people: Whatever happened to a show that was "fun"? It went the way of BAD reality-tv! At least Lipstick Jungle is interesting! 9 out of 10: For good humour, intriguing stories, and a lot of feel-good "fluff".
  9. SC
    Mar 6, 2008
    Better than sex and the city....Love the clothing, stunning make up. Don't wanna miss a show. Great story.
  10. PamelaD
    Jan 17, 2009
    wonderful depiction of a long-lasting, and supportive, friendship between 3 women. Their outrageous NYC lives is a bonus.
  11. cr
    Nov 4, 2008
    I love this show! I hope it doesn't get canceled. why did they move it to Friday night?
  12. LindseyA
    Mar 22, 2008
    I love this show. Please keep it going. I know more people will catch onto it. People just feel threatened by it because they were so obsessed by sex and the city, they probably feel like they are being unfaithful by watching it. Love the plots. Great show.

1. This is a high gloss, prime-time soap but it's a tad too earnest.
  2. Lipstick Jungle is full of awful lines.
  3. Thoroughly average and unfailingly adequate, NBC's Lipstick Jungle is easier to like than ABC's cold, cynical "Cashmere Mafia," but that's like putting lipstick on a pig, albeit a pig dressed in couture.