• Network: Lifetime
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 25, 2012
  • Season #: 1
3.3

1. Nov 25, 2012
    Dear Liz or Lohan, whatever your name is, I can't believe Liz & Dick is gonna be a Lifetime movie right now. It's too bad that I don't care and I don't wanna watch it because Lindsay Lohan is still a trainwreck. Wasn't she aware that she's on probation for some kind of burglary? I wonder if she's still high while shooting the movie. Anyway, how dare Lindsay to portray the late greatDear Liz or Lohan, whatever your name is, I can't believe Liz & Dick is gonna be a Lifetime movie right now. It's too bad that I don't care and I don't wanna watch it because Lindsay Lohan is still a trainwreck. Wasn't she aware that she's on probation for some kind of burglary? I wonder if she's still high while shooting the movie. Anyway, how dare Lindsay to portray the late great Elizabeth Taylor and re-do the scandal that shocked Hollywood about 50 something years ago along with her ex-husband Richard Burton since their Cleopatra days. That was one of the greatest and most controversial love affairs turned scandals of all time. And now Lifetime is responsible to air Liz & Dick? Bring back America's Most Wanted for pete's sake. I got two words to describe Liz & Dick the movie: Craplicous and filth. And that's the reason you must avoid watching this trash. Collapse
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    The worst kind of biography is the kind that expects you to care about it's characters off of name recognition alone. And yet that is exactly what Liz & Dick does; it leaps headfirst into it's scattershot story without reason or result. From the opening scene informing you of Burton's death to the quasi-interview device, the film never establishes characters, and doesn't care if youThe worst kind of biography is the kind that expects you to care about it's characters off of name recognition alone. And yet that is exactly what Liz & Dick does; it leaps headfirst into it's scattershot story without reason or result. From the opening scene informing you of Burton's death to the quasi-interview device, the film never establishes characters, and doesn't care if you don't know what is happening or why you should care.
    Lindsey Lohan is at times stunning as Elizabeth Taylor, physically speaking. However her acting leaves much to be desired, and every line she speaks is in the same dull tones that you could imagine her giving interviews for Herbie: Fully Loaded in. Bowler is delightful, but even his attempts to drag this thing up and out of the mud aren't enough. Immersion is impossible with a film of this sort that at one minute tells you how broke the characters are and then has them proceed to purchase expensive things. The reality of their financial situation aside: if there is no point in stating a fact then why state it? Why tell the audience that the characters are broke only to handwave it away twenty seconds later with a mention of "we'll do a movie"? What's worse is that it fails as even a guilty pleasure: the costumes are inconsistent, the editing is distracting, and the score is outright laughable and serves to ruin the tension of scenes more often than not. Furthermore, even with the occasionally impressive costumes Lohan never truly looks like Taylor, and even when you are able to picture it the image is frequently shattered by images such as shoulders covered in freckles or wigs that don't move anything like hair would. I can't recommend Liz & Dick to anyone. For those who are unfamiliar with Taylor and Burton you will be confused as to why events have significance and never truly engaged, watching what looks like a tenured college professor date his talentless but pretty student, promising he can make her into a star. For the initiated however you will be frustrated by the omitted details - Burton's alcoholism, Taylor's numerous exploits, etc. But both sides will be able to agree on the complete lack of chemistry between Lohan and Bowler, and wonder how two hours can feel like five. Do yourself a favor and re-watch Cleopatra instead.
  3. Dec 27, 2012
    I don't know why Lindsey Lohan is still famous. Stop giving her things to do so she'll stop having money to pay for drugs and booze with. Seriously, why is she still famous?!
  4. Nov 25, 2012
    Holy cow. Everyone knew this would be bad, but this was beyond that. Lindsay, this should be the final nail in your career. If we're all lucky. But somehow I doubt this will be the last we see of you. You'll keep booking yourself on shows like Leno to discuss nothing to keep yourself in the spotlight (or your mom running from network to network) and taking Z-list projects thrown your way.Holy cow. Everyone knew this would be bad, but this was beyond that. Lindsay, this should be the final nail in your career. If we're all lucky. But somehow I doubt this will be the last we see of you. You'll keep booking yourself on shows like Leno to discuss nothing to keep yourself in the spotlight (or your mom running from network to network) and taking Z-list projects thrown your way. More on "Liz & Dick", everything about it was terrible. The acting, writing, directing, score. Hell, even the graphics sucked "Richard Burton's last day", "Rome, Italy". What a colossal turkey this was. Expand
  5. Nov 26, 2012
    I was hoping this would be so bad it was good, but it was too terrible for even that. I don't see how anyone can hire Lindsay Lohan after this. The writing did her no favors, but her lines were delivered with all the personality of a cardboard box.
  6. Jan 23, 2013
    Lifetime dissapointment. Just a terrible TV Show and the title is nothing to do with the characters. And using a bad record actor as a beautiful ( exaggerating) actor like Lindsay Lohan is the wrong sort of entertainment.

1. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Nov 26, 2012
    Bowler and Lohan never approach the kind of magnetism that a movie about Burton and Taylor must conjure in order to be convincing.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Nov 26, 2012
    Calling this a train wreck makes the movie sound more fascinating than it is.
  3. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Nov 26, 2012
    [Liz & Dick] isn't offensively bad. But it is by no means good.