Lost Girl : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.9

1. Jan 18, 2012
    Season 2 is finishing up here in Canada. I enjoyed the earlier episodes of season 1 -- though it becomes a bit boring and uninspired towards the end of season. The downward spiral continues in season 2, and I stopped watching after the first few episodes. The glowing eyes while someone's essence-cloud is sucked out gets old quick, unfortunately it's the most often used effect.

My favorite

My favorite is Lost Girl's sidekick, with comedic timing that rises above the material -- I expect she'll become a household name in years to come :-) A fun show early on, but the writers make it easy to give up on the show as it progresses to a 2nd season.
  2. Jan 21, 2012
    Disclaimer: I only watched the first episode. It was so bad that I was unable to watch any more.

I gave this show a shot based on the Metacritic plot summary; seemed interesting enough. The show turned out to be what I'd term as "very TV" meaning that the directing, acting, writing, and design are all corny and far below the level of quality that you would expect from a movie. The

The costume and scenic design are both over the top and completely unbelievable. Not "unrealistic" in a clever way that makes any type of comment, but in an empty Hollywood way where every piece looks as though worked great as a standalone sketch on the drawing board. Somehow the elements don't come together as a whole.

The worst travesties begin with the writing. The initial concept had something going for it; the execution was more or less unimaginative beyond that point. The dialogue is full of cheesy one-liners that lack any real wit, and it is all delivered by actors who are by all means..."acting." I'm not sure there was even a director present who did anything more than tell the editor when to cut camera.
  3. Aug 15, 2014
    Just started watching this show and am catching up. Just finished looking at season 2. I must say i m very disappointed with the outcome of this storyline. They built up this war coming with the Garuda, who is supposed to be this all powerful being. Some Fae are being controlled by him, others leaving city out of fear of the coming battle. Now, what did we wind up getting? A cast ofJust started watching this show and am catching up. Just finished looking at season 2. I must say i m very disappointed with the outcome of this storyline. They built up this war coming with the Garuda, who is supposed to be this all powerful being. Some Fae are being controlled by him, others leaving city out of fear of the coming battle. Now, what did we wind up getting? A cast of thousands of light and dark Fae fighting it out with the Garuda minions on the bloodied plains? Nope, we got 15 people fighting it out in an abandoned asylum and the all powerful Garuda going out in a puff of smoke. Talk about anti-climatic. I'm done with this series.
    Worst character in this series is Kenzi. I mean do we really need a ''sidekick'' spewing out the one liners every time she opens her mouth? She just really gets on my nerves. Anyway, 'nuff said, i m outta here big time.

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Feb 2, 2012
    Girl has a surprisingly casual sense of humor and Anna Silk is physically just right in the lead role. [13 Feb 2012, p.45]
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jan 17, 2012
    With a witty script by series creator Michelle Lovretta, Lost Girl mixes mystery-of-the-week plots and character stories with an overarching mythology in a way that's palatable for fans of serialized and procedural dramas.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jan 17, 2012
    The action and whimsy help compensate for an overall flatness in the rest of the ensemble casting and low-budget production.