• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2004
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7
9.2

1. Dec 29, 2011
    Season 1 focused on how the main cast arrived on a seemingly-deserted island. Season 2 begins to switch gears from the past to the present. With the plot thickening by the minute, it's almost impossible not to watch and be thrilled with every episode. How Abrams does it is beyond me, but he seems to be the one with the golden touch these days. Bravo.
  2. Nov 19, 2010
    Absolutely fantastic first season. The premise was unique and fascinating, and the ensemble cast was wonderful. I honestly couldn't believe how good this show was. I was hooked, but then their best writer left after season 1, and they proceeded to make those OTHER seasons. The fact is that the remaining writers never even came close to recapturing the clever storytelling of season 1. The additions to the cast starting in season 2 were all disasters, and from that season onward the writers just seemed to have no solid direction whatsoever for the story. By the end of the series, it established itself as one of the greatest disappointments in television history. Expand
  3. Dec 2, 2010
    In this season many of our characters get pushed into situations they never would have expected to find themselves and they start changing. They become a little more wary, more intense. New characters are introduced and we are shown a very harsh side to these characters. Their back-story is only introduced after we've grown to dislike them but this story changes our opinions of them and makes them more understandable and their behaviour more excusable. Sayid Jarrah played by Naveen Andrews and Hugo "Hurley" Reyes played by Jorge Garcia are tested by an awful loss in this season and we watch how they both respond when face to face with the murderers of their loved ones. Both respond in a surprising but believable way. Expand
  4. May 25, 2013
    First and foremost this second season continued the great character development of season one. Each of the characters backgrounds continue to be developed through the clever interweaving of flash backs into the main narrative on the island. Some of the islands fascinating mysteries are also answered as the islands history becomes clearer. Of course this being Lost more questions continued to be asked making for truly compulsive viewing throughout the entire season.

Be warned you won't be able to watch just one episode at a time!
  5. May 25, 2011
    Best show ever made! Absolutely amazing, best acting, storyline, or plot ever. I don't know one thing wrong with the show because it is the best ever.
  6. Oct 16, 2013
    Another great Season of Lost. The characters were developed very nicely and the plot remained gripping through out the entire season. Each episode left you wanting to know more.
  7. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As far as Lost goes, Season 2 has to be the least good. Plots go nowhere and we're left with a frustrating lack of answers. If you thought Season 1 was too slow, chances are you struggled through this Season or dropped the show altogether. But like I said in the review of the first Season, your patience is rewarded.

Great character work is again present, with the highlight once again being John Locke. He thoroughly believes pushing the button is his destiny and his debates with Jack start to get heated this Season. The introduction to Henry Gale makes Locke's journey even better as the manipulative prisoner makes Locke doubt his faith. This cumulates in a finale where Locke desperately tries to prevent anyone from pushing the button.

Gale is probably the best addition to the cast this Season. He remains creepily calm while confined in the hatch, and he manages to cause conflict in the group with only words. The best part is that we're not entirely sure he's one of The Others. I mean, I wasn't surprised when it was revealed but Gale's first lies have the potential to fool even the audience. Fans will love to hate him in the future; Michael Emerson doesn't disappoint in his d├ębut Season.

Although, Desmond Hume is probably the most likeable new addition. At first, his purpose is to explain the button, but when he comes back, he's given a great flashback in the Season finale. We learn about Penelope Widmore and her father, Charles, who will play a vital role in the series' future. We also learn exactly why the hell someone would live in a hatch and push a button every 108 minutes for years.

The other characters, the 'Talies' really don't have much to do, besides confirming how formidable The Others are. After Ana Lucia kills one of them, she doesn't really do much until Michael shoots her and Libby. And all Libby did was provide a cute love story arc with Hurley, which wasn't bad, but inconsequential.

Mr. Eko had some extraordinary flashback episodes. However, his attempt to push the button against John's will felt kind of forced. The final Tailie, Bernard, may have been the least important but him reuniting with Rose may be one the series' best feel-good moments.

Though Ana Lucia and Libby's demise were both safe Lost deaths once again, Michael's desperation to save his son that led to it was one of the Season's highlights. Blinded by his own desperation, he walks straight into The Others' trap and is forced to make a tough decision. The look on Harold Parrineau's face of disgust after his character's actions was priceless. The actor does a tremendous job of conveying Micheal's emotional state.

What's perhaps most odd about this Season is how some of the most vital characters from last Season fade into the background. Jack's given a lot to do but his arc is ultimately forgettable. Kate is forcibly kept out of the loop for the most part, and it was quite hard keep interest in her this Season. And after the amazing "The Long Con", Sawyer becomes too soft. I like this character the best when he's more antagonistic.

But really, the character development is once again great for the most part. The exception being the Charlie-centric "Fire + Water". His addiction is rekindled out of nowhere. Plus, Claire ends up forgiving him so the episode was really just filer. I like Charlie, but it really wasn't a very entertaining episode at all, and it's arguably Lost's worst episode.

The most frustrating thing about this Season was the lack of exciting new mysteries or answers. The Swan Station is only vaguely explained; you don't get a full explanation until Season 5. The DHARMA Initiative is really the only exciting new speculative piece to speak of. The Others remain frustratingly underdeveloped; we learn this Season that they're dangerous I guess?

Saying Season 2 of Lost is the worst Season may sound harsh. But this is a show with high standards set by its opening 25 episodes. Season 2 of Lost is still well above the fray.
  8. Dec 13, 2012
    It could not engage me on the same level as the first season did, and became tedious at times. But taken individually, it still is a lot better than the other shows that have come out since Lost. It became interesting for me midway through the season. I thoroughly enjoyed the performance of a certain new character.
  9. Aug 13, 2013
    If I could write how good this season was, I would, but I can't. I have watched every episode in this season countless times. If you have never watched this show, watch it!
  10. Oct 9, 2013
    Everything about LOST was so great, it makes me nostalgic thinking about it now. I hope that this show continues to be regarded one of the best shows ever made, because that is truly what it is.
  11. Oct 19, 2013
    although not as good as the first season she also deserves merit, the season finale this season is even better than the first season and that was a key part of the best moment of the series.
  12. Dec 3, 2013
    Awesome t.v. series! The best I have ever seen. Great acting from an enormous ensemble, interesting characters with plenty of character development, cool mysteries, and intense action all add up to a great show that beats the hell out of Breaking Bad.
  13. Jul 23, 2014
    Lost season 2 is just as exciting as the first with more questions about the mysterious island the characters have been well developed and they added a few new characters.
    Lost simply put is great.

There are no critic reviews yet.