• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2004
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
9.2

1. Dec 29, 2011
    Season 1 grips you and rips you from the start. Few shows will have you locked in so tightly, chaining episode after episode so effortlessly. JJ Abrams and company have weaved a masterpiece with both visual entertainment and story development. The entire cast is convincing and so interesting to boot. TV is rarely this good.
  2. Feb 22, 2011
    BEST TV SHOW EVER MADE OR EVEN THOUGHT OF, had to review it but i miss sunday nights now :( All the actors play good roles and just.......man i fu**ing miss this show. :( BAD ROBOTTTTTTTTTTTTT :)
  3. Dec 8, 2010
    WITHOUT A DOUBT the greatest tv series of all time, Its intelligent and thought provoking with some of the best characters ever constructed for tv. Its one of those shows that you have to watch intently to fully understand the complexities, if you missed an episode you more than likely missed and answer to a mystery and even if you watched all episodes its likely you missed something,WITHOUT A DOUBT the greatest tv series of all time, Its intelligent and thought provoking with some of the best characters ever constructed for tv. Its one of those shows that you have to watch intently to fully understand the complexities, if you missed an episode you more than likely missed and answer to a mystery and even if you watched all episodes its likely you missed something, ive watched the entire series 4 times and you learn something new each time. Expand
  4. Mar 17, 2011
    The explosive start to the greatest television show of all time. The combination of drama, action, romance, and sci-fi come together to create something like no other.
  5. Mar 17, 2011
    The Most Incredible Show Ever. No, No, It was more than a show.... it was a life form. Thank you Lost. For being the best thing to ever happen to me.
  6. Apr 1, 2012
    Yeah, one of the best tv shows in the history of TV, pure quality and epic story, I remember telling myself "I definitely have to watch this show" when I saw the promotion about the plane, it will have a little place in my heart forever.
  7. Oct 18, 2013
    My favorite season in Lost is the first one, because of how much its character development impacted on us, and it has an amazing build-up of intense survival, unexpected suspense, and great emotion. Many of its mysteries may remain unsolved, and it doesn't matter on that. What intrigues me the most in Lost is mostly on its protagonists, whose are forced to fight for their flawed lives,My favorite season in Lost is the first one, because of how much its character development impacted on us, and it has an amazing build-up of intense survival, unexpected suspense, and great emotion. Many of its mysteries may remain unsolved, and it doesn't matter on that. What intrigues me the most in Lost is mostly on its protagonists, whose are forced to fight for their flawed lives, when it comes to a lot of dangers, such as the Others, the French woman, and the smoke monster. Despite the other seasons, which didn't capture the spirit of the first season (except for the critically-acclaimed fourth season, which earned an 87 out of 100 from Metacritic), the first season had me keep on going to the other seasons, due to how much its impact was. I wish to have a second run on the first season, because the main formula of the season is brilliantly executed and there couldn't be any better season, like this. Expand
  8. Apr 24, 2011
    To date, I can't think of a more enthralling, edge of your seat, mysterious, and engaging show out there. Character development is the best I've seen since the Sopranos. You learn a lot about how every character feels, and you really get involved in their lives. You find yourself truly sad when certain characters die, and happy when they've accomplished something great. You're a robot ifTo date, I can't think of a more enthralling, edge of your seat, mysterious, and engaging show out there. Character development is the best I've seen since the Sopranos. You learn a lot about how every character feels, and you really get involved in their lives. You find yourself truly sad when certain characters die, and happy when they've accomplished something great. You're a robot if you don't feel for these characters. As far as plot goes, it's the most suspenseful show I've ever seen. Every episode both solves mysteries and leaves you with more questions. If you haven't watched this show, make sure to carve out a few weeks of your life, because it will surely consume each and every hour of it. Expand
  9. Dec 8, 2010
    Great show, Its not for everyone as you have to think, some dont have the concentration span to fully appreciate the genius of LOST, from plane crashes, time travel, smoke monsters LOST has it all. Genuinely fantastic acting, writing, direction, and cinematography mixed with brilliant characters and a rich mythological story makes LOST quite possibly the best tv show ever made.
  10. Dec 30, 2010
    The series premiere of LOST will always be hailed as one of the greatest openings to a television series in history. The opening of a horrific plane crash on an island who-knows-where always stayed key to this season. Where were the castaways? Who were they? Were they alone? Who really knew? The castaways literally had to discover all of these questions on their own. The island thatThe series premiere of LOST will always be hailed as one of the greatest openings to a television series in history. The opening of a horrific plane crash on an island who-knows-where always stayed key to this season. Where were the castaways? Who were they? Were they alone? Who really knew? The castaways literally had to discover all of these questions on their own. The island that Oceanic Flight 815 crashed on was truly mysterious in many circumstances. Season 1 housed some pretty amazing episodes, while others not so much, the ones that did live up to the hype were either filled with answers, questions, action, and even more questions. That was a typical episode or two of LOST and although it did seem like a repetitious form, it never fell flat and it was always a great anticipation to wait another week for the upcoming episode. LOST also had the greatest set of characters I have ever seen in a television series. Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Locke, Sayid, Charlie, Claire Jin, Sun...the list really goes on and on. Each single character was unique, not clichéd, and completely likable and you could most likely connect with at least one character on the television screen. The first season of LOST mainly focused on you getting to know each one of these characters more in depth than what they just may look like on the outside. It did host some great action scenes, as the majority of the episodes did, and Season 1 left off on a giant cliffhanger that left plenty of room for Season 2. The writing was flawless and the dialogue was written to perfection giving each character their own personal sayings and quotes and each character would talk flawlessly to each other due to this incredible style of writing either ending in a completely hilarious outcome or an frustrating outcome, it all depended on the situation. The flashbacks introduced in LOST show the characters in-depth as well showing a great piece of their history in their worst or best times. LOST Season 1 left a lot of room open with the many mysteries it brought up as listed above and more. This was a fresh approach to television and it was welcomed greatly to many people that were able to try to figure it all out, including myself. All in all LOST Season 1 was definitely a strong approach to the now famous television series that still leaves people in wonder, and with questions as well. If you haven't gotten the chance to catch a viewing of at least one episode, you're missing out on an amazing piece of television history. Expand
  11. Jan 12, 2011
    TV needed a Science Fiction show that could fill the X-Files void and this was it. Season 1 found a way to build characters all without boring you to death. With so many secrets on the Island Season 1 kept you most on edge because of course none had been revealed to that point.
  12. Mar 1, 2011
    The first half of this brilliant series was simply amazing, original writing that kept the viewer interested and curious for a long long time. the second half of the series though felt very dragged out, how I wish the writers had just given more answers to the viewer instead of questions. Seasons 1-3 of lost i would rate 10/10, but seasons 4-6 an average of 8/10. If the show was 1 or 2The first half of this brilliant series was simply amazing, original writing that kept the viewer interested and curious for a long long time. the second half of the series though felt very dragged out, how I wish the writers had just given more answers to the viewer instead of questions. Seasons 1-3 of lost i would rate 10/10, but seasons 4-6 an average of 8/10. If the show was 1 or 2 seasons shorter and it wasn't so obvious that the writer was running out of interesting twists this entire series would have been perfect. A great show nonetheless. This first season was by far the best, and an icon for modern television. Expand
  13. Apr 7, 2011
    Hands down, one of the greatest productions in history. nothing else on tv comes close to offering the level of depth LOST provides. The characters are deep and likeable, the story is unique and captivating... It's well acted and designed, LOST is a must see and a must own. Do yourself a favor and experience the genius that is LOST.
  14. Jun 21, 2011
    The coolest show i have ever seen. A plane crashes on and island, and throughout the series u learn about each character and why they were each on that plane. Really cool action and story
  15. Jul 1, 2011
    When I first heard of Lost I laughed. It was a show about a bunch of people stranded on an island with no signs of survival where they had wonderous adventures in the jungle. Then I saw the pilot episode. I was utterly and completely drawn in and I ate my words. Ever since then I have been captivated by the show, its deep and personal characters, mysteries and mythology, its humor andWhen I first heard of Lost I laughed. It was a show about a bunch of people stranded on an island with no signs of survival where they had wonderous adventures in the jungle. Then I saw the pilot episode. I was utterly and completely drawn in and I ate my words. Ever since then I have been captivated by the show, its deep and personal characters, mysteries and mythology, its humor and romance, and sorrow and happiness. There is truly so much to love about Lost, and for those who said the show left too many loose ends lying around within the last season ultimately did not get the point, it was about the characters not the mythology, and while the show tied many mysteries up, the whole point of Lost was curiosity and intrigue, which is exactly what the producers and writers did with the show in the end. Fantastic. Ever single second I was in love with the show, and I had no clue what would happen next, its twists flying about wildly, and when I speak for Season 1, I speak for the entire show, just genuinely amazing and utterly original show. The way they ended it was so touching. I will just never forget people like Locke, Ben, Jack, and Desmond. Expand
  16. Jul 17, 2013
    I watched the entire series in one summer, and even then, I never became bored and always wanted to watch "just one more". The plot is weird, and at times confusing, but it is so immersive you wont care. The characters are all so well developed and are very likable thanks to a brilliant cast. This show deserves all the praise it has received and then some.
  17. Apr 11, 2012
    The best series of episodes for any television show, ever, unfortunately everything that this first season relies on plot-wise to keep it interesting, overstays it's welcome starting from season 2.
  18. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first Season of Lost is a fantastic introduction to one of the best shows on TV. After an ultra-intense two-part pilot episode, we're given tantalizing tastes of the island's many mysteries. It's a remarkable set-up for the future but what truly makes this Season amazing is the development we see in the survivors of 815. Lost's large, rich, and deep cast is unmatched by anything on television.

The flashbacks focusing on one character per episode may feel a bit tiresome in 25 40 minute episodes but it does wonders to flesh out each individual character. These characters all have backstories that are well worth visiting, and they're often times just as good as the events transpiring on the island. The insight these flashbacks give us allow us to really have a greater understanding of the cast and their motives. Lost's ability to deftly handle multiple plot-lines without flinching is first put to the test here; it all comes together with a beautiful sense of cohesion.

Who can forget the moment that it was revealed Locke was paralysed from the waist down before the crash? Or learning the reason behind Sawyer's name? How about the engrossing rift between Jack and his father? And the best part is that this is only a small sampling of the awesome flashbacks present in Season 1.

John Locke quickly solidifies himself as a character very different from the rest, and his story deserves special attention. He's the first to discover that the island is special. He does come off as a bit of a nutjob at first, though. Now representing the Man of Faith in Lost's interesting philosophical debate, he now is an avid believer in destiny. Terry O'Quinn is absolutely brilliant portraying a man who has his faith renewed after feeling pathetic and destroyed off the island.

The first Season wisely plays most of its Sci-Fi elements close to its chest. Weird stuff occurs, yes, but we're only given a very thin slice of the things to come. The most brilliant mystery of the Season would undoubtedly be the hatch. It plays a huge part in the next Season, and constantly theorizing about what the hell was in there was a blast.

The first Season also provides us with the first clues about the indigenous people of the island. 'The Others' antagonized the survivors on more than on occasion. The shocking conclusion had them disrupt Michael's escape attempt and steal his boy. Exodus Part 2 was an awesome way to cap off the Season and makes us hungry for answers and more fascinating developments.

The score is breath-taking too, thanks to Michael Giacchino. If you've never heard of him, he's earned a tremendous reputation and definitely flexes his creative muscle for Lost.

I don't think the first Season was pitch-perfect however. It was quite odd that the episodes following Claire's abduction had no follow-up. Things just seemed to go back to normal. And did anybody really shed a tear for Boone? He and Shannon are arguably the series' weakest characters and it seems like the writers were playing it a tad safe having him being the only survivor death of the Season. Also, there are a few episodes that felt filler-y.

Really though, these are quite trivial complaints considering what Season 1 of Lost achieves in terms of characterization. Lost's major plot points won't come into fruition for a little bit; those of us with a little patience know that the first Season of Lost was magnificent.
  19. Dec 5, 2012
    Lost at its best. I'm going to single out season 1 as the best season of any show there is. The later seasons only achieved a fraction of the magic of the first one. I'll understand if anyone would not want to commit to watching six seasons, but to miss out on season 1 would be a great loss IMO.
  20. Dec 4, 2012
    An absolutely amazing show with great character development, twists, and surprises that keep you constantly on your toes. Through a series of flashbacks (and flashforwards), the viewer puts together a carefully crafted puzzle to understand the big picture. Seasons 1-3 were phenomenal, Seasons 4 & 6 were above average, and season 5 was very average at best. All in all, amazing show!!!
  21. Mar 19, 2013
    If you haven't watched Lost, I'm sure you'll have heard plenty about it. Just try to clear everyone's own interpretation of it out of your head, sit down, and watch the pilot. I've seen many TV series, from as long as 24 to as short as Firefly, and none come closer with excitement and crucially, with the characters. It deserves the status of changing US TV series, revolutionary even. TheIf you haven't watched Lost, I'm sure you'll have heard plenty about it. Just try to clear everyone's own interpretation of it out of your head, sit down, and watch the pilot. I've seen many TV series, from as long as 24 to as short as Firefly, and none come closer with excitement and crucially, with the characters. It deserves the status of changing US TV series, revolutionary even. The plot never becomes stagnant, and it essentially forces you to question deep set ideas that TV series' aren't supposed to make you question. And so for that, I find it impossible to not give this anything other than a 10/10, and there's no program/film I will ever recommend more so than Lost. Essential TV viewing! Expand
  22. May 16, 2013
    Loved it since day one, loved it every year each time waiting a week in excitement to see the next episode. Amazing story, the questions raised made you keep watching. That is until they RUINED IT in the last hour of the entire series. that last hour made me facepalm myself for spending so many hours just to get to that conclusion. I would have been much happier if they didn't show theLoved it since day one, loved it every year each time waiting a week in excitement to see the next episode. Amazing story, the questions raised made you keep watching. That is until they RUINED IT in the last hour of the entire series. that last hour made me facepalm myself for spending so many hours just to get to that conclusion. I would have been much happier if they didn't show the last episode and just said "make up your own ending". That would give me more closure than the piece of crap they put on. Expand
  23. Jun 22, 2013
    Lost is simply one of the best if not the best tv show every made. The writing is great, the plot is great, the music is great. The only problem I have with this show is Kate.
  24. May 8, 2014
    soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good
  25. Oct 25, 2014
    Visually stunning and wonderfully acted by an all-star cast, Lost is a creative enigmatic thrill ride with characters you can’t help but fall in love with.
  26. Jan 14, 2015
    This show engages on many levels and can be enjoyed by the analytic and intrigue monger alike. Although this show is more than a decade old, it is a program which can be looked to for inspiration. LOST allowed the occasional viewer to enjoy the episode to episode intrigue which is hard to find nowadays, as well as giving the over thinker some things to mull over. No matter what end of theThis show engages on many levels and can be enjoyed by the analytic and intrigue monger alike. Although this show is more than a decade old, it is a program which can be looked to for inspiration. LOST allowed the occasional viewer to enjoy the episode to episode intrigue which is hard to find nowadays, as well as giving the over thinker some things to mull over. No matter what end of the spectrum you find yourself, this show has plenty to offer, enjoy. Expand
  27. Nov 1, 2016
    This show makes no sense whatsoever. I always say that you should get your facts straight and embellish as necessary. Same thing with a television show. Any fictional universe needs to lay the ground rules for what can and can't happen in that universe. Sometimes those rules need to be broken, but that requires a reason why and an explanation of how. Lost never does this; it's justThis show makes no sense whatsoever. I always say that you should get your facts straight and embellish as necessary. Same thing with a television show. Any fictional universe needs to lay the ground rules for what can and can't happen in that universe. Sometimes those rules need to be broken, but that requires a reason why and an explanation of how. Lost never does this; it's just anything goes from day one. By the end of the series it seemed like the writers were purposely coming up with the most off the wall sh*t they could think of in an attempt to screw with the audience. Expand
  28. Oct 29, 2010
    LOST is simply one of the best show there has ever been on television.
    Gripping stories, intriguing mysteries and compelling characters, and all of this is summed up with one of the best technical compartment that television has ever seen.
    Great writing, great directing and excellent editing, this and the astonishing level of the cast, is what makes LOST a piece of History. Despite
    LOST is simply one of the best show there has ever been on television.
    Despite some little weak episode once in a while, it manage to make you forget those little lacks, when it hits you very hard with one of the many epic episodes that are equally spread throughout the six seasons.
  29. Jul 18, 2012
    LOST is without doubt the greatest television series of all time. I don't say this lightly, I have seen all the greats including "The Wire, The Sopranos, West Wing, The X-Files and so on, but none can match LOST for its multi-layered story telling, fascinating characters, deep philosophical elements and all round entertainment. No TV Series before or since has sparked such a massiveLOST is without doubt the greatest television series of all time. I don't say this lightly, I have seen all the greats including "The Wire, The Sopranos, West Wing, The X-Files and so on, but none can match LOST for its multi-layered story telling, fascinating characters, deep philosophical elements and all round entertainment. No TV Series before or since has sparked such a massive amount of intrigue and debate. LOST wasnt for everyone, to fully enjoy and "Get" LOST you have to pay attention and sadly our generation includes many that don't want a thought provoking show, but something to dull the senses. LOST stands alone as the greatest tv series of all time. Expand
  30. Aug 24, 2010
    Best show EVER. Will keep you on the edge of your seat for a LONG TIME. I remember the first time I saw lost on TV I thought it was stupid. After watching ALL the seasons, I was so excited I started watching them ALL OVER AGAIN. Yes, it's THAT good.

1. Reviewed by: Terry Kelleher
    Jun 28, 2013
    Grabs you so forcefully that you won't shake free even when the drama strains credulity.
  2. Cleveland Plain Dealer
    Reviewed by: Mark Dawidziak
    Feb 26, 2013
    An intense, intriguing and exciting mix of action and horror. [22 Sept 2004, p.E1]
  3. Kansas City Star
    Reviewed by: Aaron Barnhart
    Feb 26, 2013
    It's safe to say you've not seen anything like it on network television. And not to put too fine a point on it, but the shock does wear off after a few minutes. [22 Sept 2004, p.F3]