Louie : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 29, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.5

1. Jan 18, 2013
    Before I start this review let me just say I am a big fan of Louis CKs stand up and that anyone that hasn
  2. Aug 24, 2010
    Louie C.K. is one funny (shutyourmouth). The scene where he sits in coach is one of the funniest I've seen since Seinfeld.
  3. Sep 18, 2012
    Very funny....................................................................................................................................................
  4. Jul 11, 2014
    The first Season was good.. i don't really like him as an actor, but the stand up bits in the show are good
  5. Jun 24, 2013
    I love Louis CK and I loved his first show, Lucky Louie, but I'm meh on this first season. It has its moments, but not enough of them. I want to like it more, but I just can't.
  6. Oct 3, 2011
    Uneven but funny as hell. Brash, vulgar and somehow truthful. Louie needs something along the lines of a Jerry Seinfelf treatment. That way, it would stay on for multiple seasons and continue to be consistently funny.
  7. Aug 29, 2010
    Brutally honest, suicidally depressing, almost constantly cringe-inducing but relatable not off-putting (like Larry David); hilarious in the stand-up segments, slightly less so when depicting the existential horror of (daily) life.
  8. Dec 17, 2012
    Fans of Louis CK shouldn't be surprised that this show is offensive and out of the box. It's also pretty good - maybe not laugh out loud comedy most of the time, but entertaining. If you like Louis, you'll like this.
  9. Sep 4, 2011
    Good show. The comedy is basically about serious awkward moments. Some are extremely funny while others are not that funny at all, yet it still keeps my attention. Not you average comedy and very unique. I love it.
  10. Apr 18, 2014
    We all associate Louis C.K. with humor, but I don't know. I'm hesitant to call this show a straight up comedy. It's definitely laugh out loud funny at times, but there are also moments of, not drama, but just...life. Some scenes have no jokes, no tension, no suspense...no nothing really. They're just kind of there. And you're watching them. And you're enjoying them. And you don't know why.We all associate Louis C.K. with humor, but I don't know. I'm hesitant to call this show a straight up comedy. It's definitely laugh out loud funny at times, but there are also moments of, not drama, but just...life. Some scenes have no jokes, no tension, no suspense...no nothing really. They're just kind of there. And you're watching them. And you're enjoying them. And you don't know why. I suppose it's a testament to Louie's ability as a craftsman. Very hard to explain, but either way, top-notch show. Expand
  11. Sep 8, 2015
    Louie is one of those shows that you are suppose to identify with the character.Well,unless you're forty plus year old divorced Father of two girls that's from New York then I doubt you will relate to any of Louie's problems.Personally,I am A young,single Guy from California and to myself New York looks like A foreign country to Me.As for the comedy,most of the funny parts have to do withLouie is one of those shows that you are suppose to identify with the character.Well,unless you're forty plus year old divorced Father of two girls that's from New York then I doubt you will relate to any of Louie's problems.Personally,I am A young,single Guy from California and to myself New York looks like A foreign country to Me.As for the comedy,most of the funny parts have to do with His comedy routine like when He's at the comedy club and something happens there.The rest are just awkward,embarrassing moments that I don't personally find funny and I usually turn my head when something like that occurs.So,I am saying it is worth watching,but I really could not relate to much of the show which is why it doesn't score higher for myself.Perhaps you will and if you can this show is for you. Expand
  12. Apr 28, 2011
    Louis CK is plainly put, brilliant. His stand-up is brutally honest and hilarious. This TV show is not only extremely funny but also very original. I can't wait for season 2
  13. Aug 5, 2013
    Great first season for a unique show. Admittedly it suffers a little from trying to find its footing and I think the show gets much better in later seasons. However if you give this a chance I guarantee by the end of the season you will be hooked. This is like nothing else in TV.
  14. Aug 22, 2015
    Louis is a show about the comedian Louis C.K. The humor focuses on the mundane and dark aspects of humanity. It is sharp and funny, but not nearly as good as critics and reviews suggest.
  15. Sep 18, 2011
    Life is funny. Life is sad. Love is funny. Love is sad. "Louie" is about life and love. "Louie" is simply the best comedy series I have ever, ever seen.
  16. Jul 3, 2012
    The main star is not effective in his comedic delivery. It has much potential, but lacks in many aspects. If it could have more substance, it would be a show with potency. For now... it is nothing. Not bad, not good, not mediocre. Just nothing.
  17. Aug 17, 2010
    Huge fan of Louie. Very funny show, but not the sort of comedy reminiscent of Seinfeld; this is more of a dry, sarcastic, self-deprecating humor. It's different, fresh. Just watch it!
  18. Sep 1, 2011
    It's not just another TV show, it's different from anything else on TV. Louie is the type of show where you can't just sit down and watch one episode, you must watch 2 or 3, it's that good. The punchlines develop throughout the whole show and it comes to the point where you even forget about it, and you just concerned about the other things going on in the episode, and then finally theIt's not just another TV show, it's different from anything else on TV. Louie is the type of show where you can't just sit down and watch one episode, you must watch 2 or 3, it's that good. The punchlines develop throughout the whole show and it comes to the point where you even forget about it, and you just concerned about the other things going on in the episode, and then finally the punch line comes through and you laugh, laugh, laugh and laugh some more. Louie is a great show, well done by a great comedian. Expand
  19. Aug 25, 2011
    This has got to be my favorite show on television right now. It's Louis C.K. plus all the funny stuff he can't say while on stage. It's kind of like Seinfeld, cos he does stand up on the show, and then goes about his life. Honestly, I think it's better than Seinfeld. A lot of things that haven't been done before on a comedy TV show are being done on Louie and believe me, it's awesome.
  20. Sep 5, 2011
    Such a phenomenal show. Louie definitely knows his **** Between this and Curb Your Enthusiasm they definitely nail fine observational humor. I love it.
  21. Jul 25, 2014
    A hilarious TV show that follows around Louis CK as he plays a fictional version of himself: Louie, an aging, lonely, boring, and awkward man who lives alone and with his two daughters every other week. You'll find yourself grinding your teeth in frustration at his awkwardness, while at the same time you're pissing yourself laughing. The acting is top-notch and not what I would've expectedA hilarious TV show that follows around Louis CK as he plays a fictional version of himself: Louie, an aging, lonely, boring, and awkward man who lives alone and with his two daughters every other week. You'll find yourself grinding your teeth in frustration at his awkwardness, while at the same time you're pissing yourself laughing. The acting is top-notch and not what I would've expected from a stand-up comedian's TV show. If you like Louis CK's kind of comedy, then definitely hesitate no longer and go check out Louie (first 3 seasons on Netflix currently!). To give you an idea of how good Louis CK is at playing his character, he was nominated in 2013 for a Golden Globe. Expand
  22. Oct 1, 2012
    First of all it is not a comedy!!! it's the most unfunny comedy of all time. In my opinion Louie C.K. created a dead boring sitcom with very artistic directing and picture but with a very bad actor with enormous limitations (that possibly can't deliver the intended laughs from the screenplay)
  23. Feb 28, 2014
    Louie is by far the worst pilot I've seen in a long time. It puts the viewer in the most uncomfortable position possible in regards to getting accustomed with a totally new show, and this is the genius of it. There is a level of pessimistic humor within Louie which isn't available in any other show. The "relatable" grit within Louie is almost a round of applause for all of us whoLouie is by far the worst pilot I've seen in a long time. It puts the viewer in the most uncomfortable position possible in regards to getting accustomed with a totally new show, and this is the genius of it. There is a level of pessimistic humor within Louie which isn't available in any other show. The "relatable" grit within Louie is almost a round of applause for all of us who instinctively expect the worst and have to laugh at the result. Expand
  24. May 17, 2014
    It's rare to see a performer put himself out there, warts and all, but Louie just underlines what a brilliant, self-effacing comic Louis CK has matured into. For a few years now he's been one the funniest men in stand-up, and is fast becoming a comic legend, and this series is just another chapter in his burgeoning career. It's raw, excruciatingly honest, intelligent, confronting, andIt's rare to see a performer put himself out there, warts and all, but Louie just underlines what a brilliant, self-effacing comic Louis CK has matured into. For a few years now he's been one the funniest men in stand-up, and is fast becoming a comic legend, and this series is just another chapter in his burgeoning career. It's raw, excruciatingly honest, intelligent, confronting, and very, very funny. Expand
  25. Jul 25, 2015
    this is hardly entertaining. he CAN be funny, but he usually isnt. at least thats what i got from the first 6 episodes i saw. sorry pal way too cheap to be recommended for a large audience, not even sure if it qualifies for comedy some of the time.
  26. EricDavis
    Jul 2, 2010
    Hilarious show!
  27. TerryW
    Jun 30, 2010
    One of the most original sitcoms to come out since Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia on this channel, also just one of the funniest in general just because louis c.k. is so brutally honest. Lets all hope this doesn't get cancelled anytime soon.
  28. Quinn
    Jun 30, 2010
    Louie was hilarious at times, but just flat out uncomfortable to watch at others. I was mildly surprised at the amount of vulgarity, but like most comedies, it didn't take away from the overall funniness of the jokes. Louis CK carried the show on his shoulders, and got almost no help from his supporting cast... even the apathetic bus driver didn't bring the humor that is Louie was hilarious at times, but just flat out uncomfortable to watch at others. I was mildly surprised at the amount of vulgarity, but like most comedies, it didn't take away from the overall funniness of the jokes. Louis CK carried the show on his shoulders, and got almost no help from his supporting cast... even the apathetic bus driver didn't bring the humor that is expected from that kind of character. All in all, I would continue watching, but if it got any worse, I would possibly consider changing the channel. Expand
  29. BradK
    Jun 30, 2010
    "Louie" is a perfectly constructed comedy. It's cringe-worthy, honest, painful, and hilarious. Too bad it will be canceled after one season because America hates clever, original shows.
  30. brndnbrndn
    Jun 30, 2010
    This feels like an important show. Funny, offensive, poignant, profound. Charmingly, irresistibly depressing. P.S. Please consider removing the Miami Herald, Glenn Garvin review from the site. It contains factual errors and bald misrepresentations.

1. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Often profane and occasionally offensive, Louie won't be to every viewer's taste, but it's a more interesting show than many with a definitive point of view.
  2. The indie-director touches do not narrow the appeal of Louie. It is, however, strictly for adults.
  3. Just trust me, this show is super-funny.