Louie : Season 1

Jul 2, 2010
    Hilarious show!
  2. TerryW
    Jun 30, 2010
    One of the most original sitcoms to come out since Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia on this channel, also just one of the funniest in general just because louis c.k. is so brutally honest. Lets all hope this doesn't get cancelled anytime soon.
  3. Quinn
    Jun 30, 2010
    Louie was hilarious at times, but just flat out uncomfortable to watch at others. I was mildly surprised at the amount of vulgarity, but like most comedies, it didn't take away from the overall funniness of the jokes. Louis CK carried the show on his shoulders, and got almost no help from his supporting cast... even the apathetic bus driver didn't bring the humor that is Louie was hilarious at times, but just flat out uncomfortable to watch at others. I was mildly surprised at the amount of vulgarity, but like most comedies, it didn't take away from the overall funniness of the jokes. Louis CK carried the show on his shoulders, and got almost no help from his supporting cast... even the apathetic bus driver didn't bring the humor that is expected from that kind of character. All in all, I would continue watching, but if it got any worse, I would possibly consider changing the channel. Expand
  4. BradK
    Jun 30, 2010
    "Louie" is a perfectly constructed comedy. It's cringe-worthy, honest, painful, and hilarious. Too bad it will be canceled after one season because America hates clever, original shows.
  5. brndnbrndn
    Jun 30, 2010
    This feels like an important show. Funny, offensive, poignant, profound. Charmingly, irresistibly depressing. P.S. Please consider removing the Miami Herald, Glenn Garvin review from the site. It contains factual errors and bald misrepresentations.
  6. BingoNamo
    Jul 1, 2010
    I like LCK's sense of humor and brutal honesty, but he cannot translate his stand-up into a consistently funny comedic series. His HBO show "Lucky Louie"! was hit-and-miss affair at best but it was still a recognizable comedy show (with added masturbation). The first two installments of "Louie" were almost totally unfunny in the non-stand-up segments. Unfortunately, he went for the I like LCK's sense of humor and brutal honesty, but he cannot translate his stand-up into a consistently funny comedic series. His HBO show "Lucky Louie"! was hit-and-miss affair at best but it was still a recognizable comedy show (with added masturbation). The first two installments of "Louie" were almost totally unfunny in the non-stand-up segments. Unfortunately, he went for the constant embarrassment overkill type of comedy (a la "Office" UK) but without the funny, the existential and cosmical absurdity (a la "Party Down") or the heart (a la "Parks and Entertainment"). He piles on daily drudgery and (mid-life) depression like some suicidal Seinfeld's cousin and I can totally relate with the situation, but it's not nearly funny enough for a comedy show. This would get canceled very soon on a major network. Expand
  7. NicoO.
    Jul 5, 2010
    Good stuff. I was hesitant to watch it in fear it would be terrible but I'm pretty convinced it will continue to grow good. The whole ridiculous gay/anti-gay convo in the second conversation was quite a spectacle.
  8. BrianN.
    Jun 30, 2010
    Really funny show, an anti-Seinfeld for 2010.
  9. TimG
    Jun 30, 2010
    This show will find it's rhythm and we will all benefit from it. The awkwardness IS the humor!! He's gonna be great!
  10. EvinC
    Jul 2, 2010
    Made me laugh a lot. Louis CK is so funny. We need more shows written this smart and funny.
  11. chrisg
    Jul 5, 2010
    Louis ck is my favorite comedian, and his show is also funny. this shows gonna be a hit.
  12. Aug 29, 2010
    Brutally honest, suicidally depressing, almost constantly cringe-inducing but relatable not off-putting (like Larry David); hilarious in the stand-up segments, slightly less so when depicting the existential horror of (daily) life.
  13. BHB
    Aug 12, 2010
    Funniest show on television right now. Louie is vulgar yet honest and he is comfortable laughing at his bouts of depression. Helps you feel comfortable with your own humanity and laugh!
  14. Aug 24, 2010
    Louie C.K. is one funny (shutyourmouth). The scene where he sits in coach is one of the funniest I've seen since Seinfeld.
  15. Aug 17, 2010
    Huge fan of Louie. Very funny show, but not the sort of comedy reminiscent of Seinfeld; this is more of a dry, sarcastic, self-deprecating humor. It's different, fresh. Just watch it!
  16. Aug 18, 2010
    Louis.CK is funny on stage and in sitcoms . The episodes can be funny (thanks to his stand up comedy) and painful at the same time.There had been great funny moments , for instance is interrupted by a woman when he is on stage and awkward moment too (the bully). It is funny, interesting and almost never boring.
    Great Comedy
  17. Sep 1, 2010
    Louie is one of the funniest shows i have ever seen. Although i don't like the lack of recurring characters or any sort of plot, Louis C.K has created a real gem that should be appreciated and possibly touched inappropriately by the entire adult audience.
  18. Sep 23, 2010
    If you're familiar with his stand-up comedy, that may prepare you for the offensive bits, but the darkness will probably have to grow on you. Since he comes off not just as a character but as a gem of a person, you're more willing to meet him half-way. The more I see, the more I enjoy the originality and the genuineness. I can't believe the half-hour passes so fast.
  19. Oct 3, 2011
    Uneven but funny as hell. Brash, vulgar and somehow truthful. Louie needs something along the lines of a Jerry Seinfelf treatment. That way, it would stay on for multiple seasons and continue to be consistently funny.
  20. Oct 3, 2010
    I found the first season of Louie to be incredibly honest television. There aren't necessarily the crazy, ridiculous plot-lines you might find in Community, 30 Rock, or Sunny. But it's clearly the product of one man's relationship with the world around him. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's serious. It's very true to life in that sense. The frequent very surreal moments make the showI found the first season of Louie to be incredibly honest television. There aren't necessarily the crazy, ridiculous plot-lines you might find in Community, 30 Rock, or Sunny. But it's clearly the product of one man's relationship with the world around him. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's serious. It's very true to life in that sense. The frequent very surreal moments make the show subjectively original. It has a very loose structure and nothing is ever heavy-handed -- not the jokes, not the drama. C.K. doesn't make his opinions out to be more than opinions, and I find his efforts and message to be very compelling. In an era of packaged television, Louie transcends genre and convention, and is one of the most original shows on the air. Expand
  21. Sep 18, 2011
    Life is funny. Life is sad. Love is funny. Love is sad. "Louie" is about life and love. "Louie" is simply the best comedy series I have ever, ever seen.
  22. Dec 11, 2010
    What people thought Seinfeld was. It wasn't, but this. Funny, if you're paying attention to the world around you and the precarious lunacy of it, and brilliant if you've realized that nothing in 2010 America is the way it's supposed be.
  23. Sep 4, 2011
    Good show. The comedy is basically about serious awkward moments. Some are extremely funny while others are not that funny at all, yet it still keeps my attention. Not you average comedy and very unique. I love it.
  24. Apr 28, 2011
    Louis CK is plainly put, brilliant. His stand-up is brutally honest and hilarious. This TV show is not only extremely funny but also very original. I can't wait for season 2
  25. Jan 18, 2013
    Before I start this review let me just say I am a big fan of Louis CKs stand up and that anyone that hasn
  26. Sep 1, 2011
    It's not just another TV show, it's different from anything else on TV. Louie is the type of show where you can't just sit down and watch one episode, you must watch 2 or 3, it's that good. The punchlines develop throughout the whole show and it comes to the point where you even forget about it, and you just concerned about the other things going on in the episode, and then finally theIt's not just another TV show, it's different from anything else on TV. Louie is the type of show where you can't just sit down and watch one episode, you must watch 2 or 3, it's that good. The punchlines develop throughout the whole show and it comes to the point where you even forget about it, and you just concerned about the other things going on in the episode, and then finally the punch line comes through and you laugh, laugh, laugh and laugh some more. Louie is a great show, well done by a great comedian. Expand
  27. Jun 24, 2011
    What an amazing series! I was so happy to discover it and almost angry at the fact that I didn't even know it was on TV. Louis CK is one of my favorite comics and has been for a long time. This show not only showcases his unique comedy but gives it more depth and flavor than any comedy special could hope to. Not only is it brilliantly thought out and much more significant than similarWhat an amazing series! I was so happy to discover it and almost angry at the fact that I didn't even know it was on TV. Louis CK is one of my favorite comics and has been for a long time. This show not only showcases his unique comedy but gives it more depth and flavor than any comedy special could hope to. Not only is it brilliantly thought out and much more significant than similar shows like Siegnfield but it really leaves the audience wanting more, rather than just being satisfied by a single half hour. Great job, hope to see more! Expand
  28. kiz
    Jul 19, 2011
    To say this show is funny is an understatement. First off, i created an account literally, just to review this show. I know its only for season one, but tonight i watched, back to back every episode so far. I started off thinking "oh its one of those shows thats trying to be all different and poetic and gritty" with the way its shot and the way the story lines play out, but i was grosslyTo say this show is funny is an understatement. First off, i created an account literally, just to review this show. I know its only for season one, but tonight i watched, back to back every episode so far. I started off thinking "oh its one of those shows thats trying to be all different and poetic and gritty" with the way its shot and the way the story lines play out, but i was grossly misinformed. Its brilliant... I could go on all day about how amazing and funny this show is, but im gonna keep it short. 1. The storyline(s) are fantastic. 2. It is filmed brilliantly. 3.The actors are sublime and spot on in terms of casting 4.Louie kinda reminds me of Seth Rogen which is kinda cool and 5. It just dont get boring, or unfunny... it keeps you entertained. If you haven't seen it, or have maybe seen one episode and think its nothing special i seriously would recommend giving this show the time it deserves.. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!!! 20 out of 10! Expand
  29. Sep 18, 2012
    Very funny....................................................................................................................................................
  30. Aug 25, 2011
    This has got to be my favorite show on television right now. It's Louis C.K. plus all the funny stuff he can't say while on stage. It's kind of like Seinfeld, cos he does stand up on the show, and then goes about his life. Honestly, I think it's better than Seinfeld. A lot of things that haven't been done before on a comedy TV show are being done on Louie and believe me, it's awesome.

1. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Often profane and occasionally offensive, Louie won't be to every viewer's taste, but it's a more interesting show than many with a definitive point of view.
  2. The indie-director touches do not narrow the appeal of Louie. It is, however, strictly for adults.
  3. Just trust me, this show is super-funny.