Love Monkey : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 11, 2006
7.9

1. Don
    Feb 20, 2008
    I miss this show a lot. I think it was so cool and anti-establishment. I could relate to all of the characters on the show and I loved all of he music; not to mention the cameos (Martin Luther is so talented). I think this show was way too progressive for it's own good.
  2. Melissa
    Jan 17, 2007
    This is a very well-written show with lots of great cameos -- too bad it was canceled.
  3. Bill
    Jun 3, 2006
    Great show, i think it belonged more on Vh1 then CBS. But did it canceled there too? ...
  4. LauriH
    Apr 9, 2006
    Finally, a show that is relevant, showcases up & coming musicians, and is just a fun show to watch. I'm so glad it's come back on!
  5. DanielleB
    Mar 24, 2006
    I loved the show and I am so sad that it is not showing anymore. My Tuesday night tv watching sucks without it. Please bring it back.
  6. NancyO
    Mar 15, 2006
    This is a smart, funny, interesting show. Why is it not being given a chance? Please let it find an audience!! Not everybody likes moron-tv.
  7. AndreaP
    Mar 14, 2006
    Here's hoping another network will pick this up!! Great show that I was truly searching the tv guide to find again. Great music -- would have easily sold a soundtrack album after the first season!
  8. ChrisD
    Mar 14, 2006
    I love the dynamics on this show, and i wish I could buy a Wayne album!!
  9. AlexA
    Mar 13, 2006
    I absolutely love it. L'm disappointed every week when I check to see if it's going to be back on...and still nothing. Bring it back please.
  10. jimmy
    Mar 13, 2006
    Funny and somehow meaningful, let's hope that it isn't abaondoned to make room for another CSI!
  11. RobL
    Mar 11, 2006
    absolutely loved this show and so did a number of my friends, we were all upset to see it go - BRING IT BACK, or send me the additional episodes that were shot :-)
  12. jeffw
    Mar 6, 2006
    idiots, don't know a good show when they see one
  13. TondaW
    Mar 6, 2006
    Tuesday night television is boring now that you have taken Love Monkey off the air. I love this show...please bring it back!
  14. OliviaL
    Mar 5, 2006
    I absolutely loved this show. The best show since Tom Cavanagh's last show, Ed. PLEASE bring it back!
  15. April
    Mar 5, 2006
    It's funny and cute. It's not too weird that it's unrealistic like some comedy shows are becoming. I Love it!
  16. DonR
    Mar 3, 2006
    I loved this show. If given a chance, I'm sure it would be a breakout hit.
  17. Bender
    Mar 2, 2006
    I can not believe such a great show is being pulled. This was the next big one...the one everyone talks about around the water cooler. In fact, that was the case where i work. Please bring this show back!
  18. George
    Mar 1, 2006
    Tuesday night was the only night I actually yearned to watch television, due to the fact that "Love Monkey" was on. But, now! Seems like my second day of the week will just mesh with the rest. I MISS YOU LOVE MONKEY!!!!!
  19. DonM
    Feb 28, 2006
    This show was different (and interesting) from all the junk on TV. Give it some time to establish itself in the marketplace.
  20. CatherineM
    Feb 28, 2006
    This is the only regular show we have looked forward to watching. Oh well, now we can unplug and get on with our lives 100% of the time.
  21. RobertaE
    Feb 26, 2006
    Please don't cancel this show. We had problems even finding it, so perhaps more promotion by the network would help. I can't believe it is being cancelled, as it is getting good reviews!
  22. BK
    Feb 23, 2006
    Great show, another example of incompetent programming at CBS for pulling the plug!
  23. AmandaW
    Feb 21, 2006
    It totally sucks that they have pulled this tv show. I hate to watch tv but Love Monkey I was accually looked forward to watching durning the week. It was awesome! And the charactors where really talented. Not just a bunch of phonies. *sighs* I think they should make Love Monkey into a box set so that those who do love Love Monkey can continue to watch it.
  24. AndrewA
    Feb 15, 2006
    Imaginative, creative, fun, "feel-good" watching it. Please keep it going!
  25. MarkO
    Feb 11, 2006
    Great Show, love the concept.
  26. KRYSTINES
    Feb 10, 2006
    Best show ever created! Dry witty humor and actors that come straight from the heart. Excellent!
  27. KentG
    Feb 10, 2006
    Great new show. Not only does has the cast come together from the start, the fun witty writting keeps you interested. And the music is absolutely great.
  28. SofianaP
    Feb 10, 2006
    I cannot express in mere words how much I love this show. There is so much garbage on televison that it is refreshing to see a well thought out series. I used to be in the music industry (80's)a very long time ago but find so much of what is going on with the show right on the money! This is my favorite escape and gives me hope for the future of televison. Here's to continues success!
  29. LindaO
    refreshing and entertaining
  30. KimberlyR
    Feb 9, 2006
    This is so new a concept. I love the music - Wayne is so fantastic. But of course Tom Cavanagh is the reason for the show. He is just so Believable.
  31. MariaM
    Feb 9, 2006
    My husband just informed me that the network is already pulling the plug on this great show. My husband watched the first episode and begged me to watch the second episode....what I don't need is another TV show to watch. However, i felll in love with the quirkiness of the show and the musical talent. What is wrong with the American audience that they will watch monotonous, canned My husband just informed me that the network is already pulling the plug on this great show. My husband watched the first episode and begged me to watch the second episode....what I don't need is another TV show to watch. However, i felll in love with the quirkiness of the show and the musical talent. What is wrong with the American audience that they will watch monotonous, canned laughter garbage but snub their noses at anything that shows an ounce of creativity?? I give up!! Please put on another network and give it another try...Please!! Expand
  32. BrandonM
    Feb 9, 2006
    This is my favorite show on TV. It is witty, funny, great script, and the music is great. I can hardly wait for the next show from week to week. I hear it is getting canceled which is really going to make me unhappy with CBS. May have to boycott the station for awhile.
  33. jamesr
    Feb 8, 2006
    This show is funny, smart, and different. I hope it catches on!
  34. carola
    Feb 7, 2006
    Great music and show -- it's refreshing to see a show about the production of music, and about the talent that is often over-looked by the big labels. Tom Cavanagh is supurb!
  35. KaraD
    Feb 7, 2006
    Disappointed when Ed ended (NBC), I enjoy seeing Tom Cavanaugh in a funny, quirky role. I plan my Tuesday nights around it.
  36. MarlaD
    Feb 6, 2006
    I rarely sit down to watch a certain show the same time every week, but this show is one that my 16 year old son and I both enjoy. Great program!
  37. colep
    Feb 2, 2006
    My entire office loves it!
  38. JoshB
    Feb 2, 2006
    This show is hilarous and Tom Cavanaugh is wonderful. I love the music and I love the characters. Great writing and acting.
  39. StaceyD
    Jan 30, 2006
    I like this new series ... it's different than anything on network television.It is a breathe of fresh comedic air, with a touch of drama. The characters are real and believable, characters that audiences can really relate too.
  40. JamesS.
    Jan 25, 2006
    The fact that Nic Harcourt is a music director for the show is proof positive that this show is just not meant for network television. I think the show means well, but it's destined for more of a niche market, which CBS and Sony simply cannot provide the proper atmosphere for the show. Cavanaugh's noble ideals are certainly threatened by the hypocrisy and business behind the The fact that Nic Harcourt is a music director for the show is proof positive that this show is just not meant for network television. I think the show means well, but it's destined for more of a niche market, which CBS and Sony simply cannot provide the proper atmosphere for the show. Cavanaugh's noble ideals are certainly threatened by the hypocrisy and business behind the scenes of the show. GREAT attempt. Just wont make it. Take it to a network that can do this show right. Expand
  41. KV
    Jan 25, 2006
    Teddy Geiger is in it! It's great!
  42. RandyC
    Jan 25, 2006
    I love the way Tom is so relaxed in his delivery, tho I was glad I recorded it. (he mumbles)(watched Boston Legal) The shows have been ultimately very enjoyable but the general public needs to be hit over the head as usual. Unfortunately this show will not make for that reason.
  43. SamS
    Jan 20, 2006
    I really enjoyed the show. Some of the dialogue was a bit iffy, but overall, I got a real kick out of the writing. I think that Tom and Jason were particularly good. And I am not a 90210 fan.
  44. MarcD.
    Jan 19, 2006
    Even without Carol Vescey, the show is solid. But I have to call out Eric R below for defending Hanson. Your points may be legitimate, but take a step back and realize what you're doing: you're defending Hanson. 'Nuff said.
  45. Doug
    Jan 18, 2006
    Since when do record execs have to be edgy? Tom Cavanaugh's character is certainly not the mainstream version of "cool," but he's about as accurate as you can get for a dude who works in music; At least on a major network sitcom. Some of the characters need to be kicked to the curb, obviously. That will be figured out in time. Hopefully the show wont be too much of a promotional Since when do record execs have to be edgy? Tom Cavanaugh's character is certainly not the mainstream version of "cool," but he's about as accurate as you can get for a dude who works in music; At least on a major network sitcom. Some of the characters need to be kicked to the curb, obviously. That will be figured out in time. Hopefully the show wont be too much of a promotional vehicle, though. Expand
  46. Dan
    Jan 18, 2006
    Show has got a chance to be real good.
  47. ShawnF
    Jan 18, 2006
    Unique perspective... This show takes an honest look at a man's struggle to find love and happiness without turning the show into a weepy whiny production. It has a great edge and lots of unique humor.
  48. ElizabethH
    Jan 18, 2006
    i seldom watch network TV but i found this very entertaining. likeable characters, snappy dialogue, neither overly romantic nor crudely gritty. Soundtrack was great--yes, even Wayne's numbers. He's awesome for an "8 year old"
  49. D.J.
    Jan 17, 2006
    The show has some promise, but lacks the quirky-ness of "Ed." I do think that with some tinkering, the show can sustain a decent run. In fact, the characters at the new record label might be a better fit for the personality of Cavanaugh as opposed to the 4 friends he already has. Just a thought.

1. The premise of an attractive group of friends living and loving in the Big Apple is not exactly a novel idea, but there's always room for a series that resonates with a distinctive new take, a unique perspective or memorable characters. Unfortunately, this isn't it.
    I was initially concerned that this was going to become a male Grey’s Anatomy... but Love Monkey creator Michael Rauch... keeps facile wisdom to a bare minimum, and a certain urban energy level turned up.
    To say that Love Monkey is derivative and predictable is not quite the same as saying it's bad.