Men in Trees : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
8.9

1. DonnaC
    Oct 5, 2006
    This show is fantastic. I haven't met anybody who doesn't like it!!!
  2. MichaelC
    Oct 3, 2006
    Decent people treating each other with respect and concern. Life as it was as I was growing up. With all the turmoil in our world, I've found Elmo a very safe haven.
  3. yvonneh
    Oct 7, 2006
    love it!!! can't wait until the next episode. I love the small town, slow paced life this show portrays. Kinda reminds me of Ed.
  4. SusanO
    Sep 17, 2006
    I really enjoyed the pilot of "Men In Trees". This show is fresh, sweet and quirky, along with its characters. To tell you the truth, I am SICK of reality shows! I find them insulting to my intelligence. The autumn season always feels like a time for snuggly, wood-burning things. Elmo, Alaska things. Not tapdancing with former child stars. I will be interested to see how this show I really enjoyed the pilot of "Men In Trees". This show is fresh, sweet and quirky, along with its characters. To tell you the truth, I am SICK of reality shows! I find them insulting to my intelligence. The autumn season always feels like a time for snuggly, wood-burning things. Elmo, Alaska things. Not tapdancing with former child stars. I will be interested to see how this show progresses considering the huge success of "Sex in the City." Okay, the "city" part has been removed, and the similarities to "Northen Exposure" are obvious. But I thoroughly enjoyed my short visit to Elmo! Expand
  5. SharonH
    Feb 14, 2007
    Don't even think about messing with this Men In Tree's. This is one of the most enjoyable shows on during the week. I'm not sure moving it to Friday night is a good move. I will be very upsetting if this show moves time slots and loses it's followers. It is a great follow up to Grey's Anatomy and it gives me something to look forward to on Thursday nights. I have Don't even think about messing with this Men In Tree's. This is one of the most enjoyable shows on during the week. I'm not sure moving it to Friday night is a good move. I will be very upsetting if this show moves time slots and loses it's followers. It is a great follow up to Grey's Anatomy and it gives me something to look forward to on Thursday nights. I have introduced this show and Grey's Anatomy to many friends and they too are hooked. Expand
  6. lindas.
    Jun 4, 2007
    I just love this program,and i cant wait till it comes back on.
  7. dcasey
    Oct 16, 2006
    I love it. Sex in the city meets Northern exposure!
  8. sow
    Nov 6, 2006
    I think the show is infectious and funny! I love Jack and Marin...they are hot and realistic. I also think the DJ guy is adorable and likable.
  9. juliel
    Oct 19, 2006
    I love all the characters on this show! I look forward to this one every week for its great story and wit
  10. SasaC
    Dec 2, 2006
    As each new episode airs the show just gets better and better!
  11. SUSANF
    Oct 30, 2006
    The pilot and first episode was run back to back and I am glad it was. The pilot did not make me want to watch any more due to the whole cheating think with Marin. But I stuck in there and watched the first episode and I love this show. I have watched every episode that has been on and can't wait to see this weeks. I just love it.
  12. MelissaT
    Oct 4, 2006
    Love Love Love this show. It's the absolute best new show for this season.
  13. TammyD
    Oct 9, 2006
    I Love it! Jack is a total DOLL!
  14. CFerguson
    Oct 9, 2006
    This is one of the best shows I've ever seen on TV. LOVE IT and so does my husband. Won't miss it. Hope it is not cancelled because it is GREAT-GREAT CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sep 16, 2006
    Love it after 2 episodes. It's funny, entertaining and Anne Heche is wonderful. I really hope they keep this one around.
  16. Tara
    Feb 2, 2007
    This is a fresh quirky show. The scenery is fabulous and the characters grow in depth during each show. It is just like meeting people as you get to know them you learn more and more about what defines them as a person.
  17. CINDYS
    Mar 22, 2007
    I dont watch to many series but i always watch men in trees.Love it
  18. JeanetteW.
    Jul 6, 2007
    This is a quirky happy show I really love it especially the connection between all the characters. Makes me wish I lived in Elmo, where it seem all the men are.
  19. StaciH
    Oct 10, 2006
    This show is the only one this season I actually race home to watch. Anne Heche is amazing and such a breath of fresh tv this season.
  20. KristenB
    Oct 13, 2006
    Love It!
  21. SharylR
    Nov 6, 2006
    I LOVE this show - really does remind me of one of my ALL TIME favorites - Northern Exposure - it'a quirky, sad, happy, bittersweet and funny, all at the same time. It's a treasure - I hope it gets the recognition it needs to have a very long run.
  22. SusanM
    Oct 18, 2006
    I absolutely love this show. It is a great way to unwind from a busy work week. Just snuggle up on the sofa and enjoy true entertainment as it should be. The kind of program that leaves you with a smile on your face- great way to start the weekend. Definitely a feel-good program and it is wonderful to see this type of show on TV. I like to be entertained by television - Anne Heche I absolutely love this show. It is a great way to unwind from a busy work week. Just snuggle up on the sofa and enjoy true entertainment as it should be. The kind of program that leaves you with a smile on your face- great way to start the weekend. Definitely a feel-good program and it is wonderful to see this type of show on TV. I like to be entertained by television - Anne Heche couldn't be better -she truly shines in her portrayal of Marin. Thank you to everyone who brought this delightful show to us to enjoy! Expand
  23. JaneR
    Oct 22, 2006
    this is a delightfully quircky show - similar to Ed and Northern Exporsure...the acting is delighful and the sex tame..which means that once again something the older folk enjoy will be cancelled.
  24. NildaB
    Oct 23, 2006
    I love the show....and James Tupper!!
  25. LUCYS
    Oct 28, 2006
    LOVE this show. Best new show on TV. Would love to see this before Grey's Anatomy on Thursday nights so it can have a chance. The chemistry betwenn Marin & Jack is something that can't be written. I look forward to this every week and have it set on my DVR just in case. Please ABC change slots before making any too quick decisions.
  26. ShellyL
    Oct 30, 2006
    This is a great show! It's nice to watch something lighthearted and funny for a change. Besides the half hour sitcoms. This show is a keeper!!
  27. annap
    Oct 6, 2006
    I love this show. It's my favorite new show on.
  28. KarenR
    Oct 9, 2006
    This is the best new show on the networks in a long time. I usually only watch cable channels because I don't like reality shows or all the crime shows.
  29. DianeM
    Sep 16, 2006
    Loved it! Very funny and a refreshing change.
  30. merif
    Sep 18, 2006
    LOVEthis show, not too smutty yet a little edgy and different. Anne heche is wonderful. I am telling everyone to watch on Friday...there are those of us who are exhausted and will be home friday nights!
  31. HeatherC
    Sep 19, 2006
    I liked this show it reminded me of Northern Exposure but girlie
  32. s
    Sep 20, 2006
    good show...it has character and is quirkey. Anne really is good in the role, and alla the characters are ones that I am interested in learning more about
  33. SherriS
    Sep 22, 2006
    I love this show!
  34. Awolf
    Sep 23, 2006
    Anne Heche does a great job with her role as do all the other actors. I watch all the CSI's, Numbers, NCIS, The Unit etc. This is a nice break, a change from everyone else trying to rewrite the same show with differnt actors on different nights. I do agree this has a little "Sex in the city" more "Northern Exposure" but it has been done very well. I just hope it makes it.
  35. BarbM
    Sep 24, 2006
    Love love love it! I'm a big AH fan. Hey, I still record Another World every day!
  36. LillyS.
    Sep 29, 2006
    Love it! Think it is interesting, fun, good escape and also has some wisdom....Hope they keep it on! I couldn't meet a man in Los Angeles..so I moved to a small town...(and met one) so what do critics know about real life anyway!
  37. SueV.
    Nov 1, 2007
    This show is fun and always makes me happy. I love this show and hope it stays on for a very long time.
  38. crisd
    Nov 5, 2007
    Awesome show!!! Keep up the great work. Don't change the original premise of the show. It's great just the way it is. Thanks for bringing some good entertainment.
  39. SteveK.
    Dec 6, 2007
    I'm trying to remember the last TV show in which every single member of the cast is not only amusing but actually likeable! And no overdrawn, stupid caricatures, either. It's a great show!!
  40. Jennifer
    Feb 19, 2007
    I love this show! So what if it isn't how Alaska really is - this is tv. Tv rarely projects anything true to the actual thing (hello, CSI anyone?). I enjoy the way the characters are slowly developing, the quirky stories and the fact that you get to see relationships without blatant sex in your face on the screen all the time. I hope they keep it on for several seasons!
  41. SuzyP
    Mar 22, 2007
    Please DO NOT cancel Men In Trees!!!
  42. lfitz
    Mar 23, 2007
    great show. my husband even enjoys it
  43. JulieH
    Mar 27, 2007
    I love this show. I'm sick of all blood and gore on tv, this show is just fun and I look forward to it being on. You can just sit there and be entertained.
  44. PattyS
    Mar 28, 2007
    finally an enjoyable T.V. show without all the violence!
  45. stella
    Apr 14, 2007
    love this show, please bring it back soon ABC!
  46. Lola
    Apr 14, 2007
    Please bring back our favorite tv show, its enchanting and we miss it so.
  47. MichelleD
    Apr 25, 2007
    I love this show! Nothing compares to it. I won't watch any thing that is taking it's place on Thursday night. After Grey's, I'll switch back to FOX. It's that simple.
  48. LilDavy
    Apr 26, 2007
    When is this show coming back on?? I really miss it!! Great show the whole framily can watch. Love IT!!!
  49. lesleyp
    Apr 3, 2007
    I love this show, I would run home eveynight from college just to see what was going on, How can you cancel a show that was so good and leave us hanging. I do not have cable but I do get men in trees and I would look foward to coming home and seeing some old fashion, but juicy. I am reallt upset. This next show is not gong to do as good as men in trees. Hey if your not going to air it I love this show, I would run home eveynight from college just to see what was going on, How can you cancel a show that was so good and leave us hanging. I do not have cable but I do get men in trees and I would look foward to coming home and seeing some old fashion, but juicy. I am reallt upset. This next show is not gong to do as good as men in trees. Hey if your not going to air it anymore you need to send me old show on dvd for free, at least I can still enjoy those. YOU NEED TO PUT IT BACK ON THE AIR ASAP. Lesley Pee Expand
  50. leila
    Apr 8, 2007
    This is one of the greatest programs on television. NO blood, only the sweet adventure that most people can relate to, goodness even men!
  51. laurac
    May 4, 2007
    keep the show going! it is great. I love it. it is refrehing. Jack and marin are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  52. MelodyP
    Nov 11, 2006
    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD
  53. NoelleB
    Nov 10, 2006
    To write this show off as "Sex and the City" / "Northern Exposure" hybrid is a mistake born of ignorance and a big clue that the critic has not stuck with the show. With each show, we're treated to deeper character development, richer plots and worthy entertainment. Yes, "Men in Trees" is laugh-worthy, but I also find myself gripped by the crackling, yet hesitant, chemistry between To write this show off as "Sex and the City" / "Northern Exposure" hybrid is a mistake born of ignorance and a big clue that the critic has not stuck with the show. With each show, we're treated to deeper character development, richer plots and worthy entertainment. Yes, "Men in Trees" is laugh-worthy, but I also find myself gripped by the crackling, yet hesitant, chemistry between Marin and Jack, the agonizing Ben/Theresa relationship limbo and exhilerating newness of the Patrick/Annie coupling. This show isn't just another serving of fast-food tv. It has rich potential and I am SO EXCITED it's now going to be on after another favorite, Grey's Anatomy!!! If a b.s. show like "According to Jim" can last multiple seasons, "Men in Trees" should enjoy a long run akin to "Sex and the City" and "Friends". Expand
  54. KristenB
    Oct 17, 2006
    Love It!
  55. RebeccaS
    Nov 9, 2006
    Love it Love it Love it. It is the best show every...
  56. BetsyS
    Dec 22, 2006
    Both my husband and I have enjoyed this quirky little show. The humor is excellent---the acting superb and it is a breath of fresh air from the rest of the losts, lawyers, and crazy housewives.
  57. RebeccaT
    Oct 28, 2006
    Loved the show! James Tupper is "hot".
  58. LesleyJ
    Sep 13, 2006
    I was instantly drawn to the characters on this show. The acting was superb and the the views of Alaska are amazing. For those of us who do not enjoy cop shows and legal dramas, Men in Trees is a refreshing change. Let's hope ABC gives it a chance to find an audience before yanking it.
  59. DillardD
    Sep 14, 2006
    Fresh and off-beat. A good new unreality show.
  60. JulieR
    Sep 15, 2006
    Channel surfing, I was immediately drawn into this show. I found it different and refreshing, with great writing and acting. I will watch again!
  61. CraigC
    Sep 16, 2006
    Very refreshing, lots of good dialogue and some beautiful scenery. Does anyone out there know the shooting location of this show?
  62. DonnaF
    Sep 16, 2006
    Refreshingly funny. Lots of room to grow and develop interesting characters and plotlines.
  63. DeidreD
    Sep 17, 2006
    Loved it!
  64. GS
    Sep 18, 2006
    Very likable characters. Very clever writing. Beautiful scenery. Ann Heche is adorable, and Tupper is gorgeous.
  65. ChrisJ
    Sep 18, 2006
    Loved the ensemble cast...want to learn more about each character. The humor is subtle, enjoyed both the pilot and the first show...absolutely deserves a serious chance to develop an audience.
  66. WaltN
    Sep 19, 2006
    Though remenisent of an earlier series, I found it to be refreshing, when compared to the run of the mill sitcoms. I watch TV for the humor, not the unbiased truth, of which there is little.
  67. Christa
    Sep 25, 2006
    This show is hysterical. I love it! Great characters. What do critics know anyway!
  68. stacya
    Sep 25, 2006
    I love this new show. I hope it stays on. I look forward to it on Friday nights. Its different, entertaining and fun.
  69. SandyL
    Sep 27, 2006
    I LOVE this show. It's a breath of fresh air. Love the whole concept of this show. I know it's a combo of sex and the city and northern exposure, but It's a great hour of viewing and the music is excellent. Please ABC don't cancel it. Give it a chance.
  70. dorothyc
    Sep 27, 2006
    I think it is the best new show this season. You have finally put something good on Friday. I 'll come home every Friday for Men in Trees and James Tupper, he is perfect, the entire cast is great. ABC has it all between Grey's Anatomy, Men in Trees and I know I will report on more. Once again ThankYou!! after a wild busy busy day in the office Men in Trees is just perfect.
  71. Vickie
    Sep 29, 2006
    This show is definitely a "feel good" show. I absolutely love the cast of actors. I do hope they spotlight each of them without always centering the plot around Heche. Please ABC give this show a chance to develop a following of viewers...
  72. darlal.
    Nov 10, 2007
    I love the show and the characters ...wish it came on everynight cant wait to see next episode.
  73. guesteu
    Jan 12, 2007
    the best tv show ever
  74. Tammy
    Jan 19, 2007
    i really like this fun show
  75. DeborahC
    Feb 14, 2007
    It doesn't get any better that this. I am hopeful that Men In Trees will last a very long time. It is clean and wholesome. Family friendly. Kudos to the writers. Please don't take this show to far. Remember what made it a success and it will remain a success. I loved this show from the very beginning.
  76. ekuas
    Feb 22, 2007
    I love this show. I havent missed an episode since it started on 09/12/06. I am curious to know when the next season begins. What happens next with merin and jack?? rarely is there a show where all the characters generate curiousity in viewers. this is my favorite show next to greys anatomy, house and the closer. i dont know what critics say about this show but in my opinion Men in trees I love this show. I havent missed an episode since it started on 09/12/06. I am curious to know when the next season begins. What happens next with merin and jack?? rarely is there a show where all the characters generate curiousity in viewers. this is my favorite show next to greys anatomy, house and the closer. i dont know what critics say about this show but in my opinion Men in trees is great!!!! keep up the good work!!!! Expand
  77. christinz
    Mar 15, 2007
    best sensitive relatinship drama with scenes of nature- never miss
  78. MarthaC
    Mar 21, 2007
    Love it! Love it! The same sentiment I wrote after the first show, and have not missed a one. It's a great "girls night in", show that is clean and refreshing. Please don't drop this wonderful, addictive, and cozy story.
  79. carolep
    Mar 22, 2007
    This show is so much more intertaining than all of this reality TV. If you would get rid of this other crap, you would have more air time for intertaining programs like this
  80. meme
    Mar 22, 2007
    I love this show! Where is it???
  81. CJTimcoe
    Mar 22, 2007
    I Love This Show! It is my favorite show out, please do not take it off and replace with another show, what are they thinking? Please put back on this show is really great!
  82. Jane
    Mar 28, 2007
    Love the show - hoping for new episodes
  83. AW
    Apr 14, 2007
    Love this show, waiting anxiously for its return
  84. K.S.
    Jun 29, 2007
    Love this show! Please keep going.......
  85. AnnieO'
    Oct 6, 2006
    I love the show. Its refreshing from all the law enforcement, medical or reality over-kill we have to put up with on television. Hopefully it will get a fan base & be renewed for years to come!
  86. SusanL.
    Mar 1, 2008
    This ia a chick-flick series, so all the male critics jump on it. If you have mostly XX chromosomes, check it out.
  87. Laurie
    Oct 10, 2006
    I found the show to be very interesting, but i am a sucker for mushy stuff...my life kinda sucks so i like to put myself in others shoes makes it somehow better...my little one hour get away. Even though i understand about the racoons and the skunks...they coulda at least filmed it in Alaska.
  88. CHERYLG
    Oct 15, 2006
    Great show!! Finally a drama/comedy with no violence, great story lines etc...
  89. Verne
    Oct 17, 2006
    men in trees is a wonderful look at rural America and beneath the humor shows values which need exposure. This show is back to basics and I love it. I find the exploration of relationships true to life and applaud the writing.
  90. SandraC
    Oct 6, 2006
    I really enjoyed this show. It's great family televison and for that reason, it may not make it. My husband and I TiVo it if we aren't at home because we like it so much.
  91. MaryruthG
    Oct 9, 2006
    love this show Heche is great
  92. JudyA
    Sep 30, 2006
    I enjoy the show.!! I find that generally if the critics don't like a show, I do. It's a Friday night break from all the news talk show that just breed anger to the "reality" shows that are just plain ridiculous. If people can get enjoyment out of watching vicious underhanded behavior they should be able to accept, maybe not a belly laugh show; but one that does make you smile I enjoy the show.!! I find that generally if the critics don't like a show, I do. It's a Friday night break from all the news talk show that just breed anger to the "reality" shows that are just plain ridiculous. If people can get enjoyment out of watching vicious underhanded behavior they should be able to accept, maybe not a belly laugh show; but one that does make you smile all the way through. We need some gentleness in todays society. Expand
  93. AlindaS
    Jan 10, 2007
    This show has finally premiered in Australia and I love it already - lets hope that it's not just a summer fling and they take it off after the "ratings" period shows start in FEB. It's a breath of fresh air from all the crime/death shows.
  94. EDDIEG
    Jan 19, 2007
    I would also agree there is a hint of Sex in the City within the show. However, the air is so much cleaner-details about the sex. It's everyday life that most everyone can relate to. Whereas, with Sex in the City it relates to only one genre; Men in Trees relates to us all that is willing to breathe in the air...
  95. MichelleM
    Mar 20, 2007
    I like it!!
  96. JackD
    Oct 11, 2006
    Sure..........it's a lot like Northern Exposure with its quirky characters, but I liked that show and I'll enjoy this one, too.
  97. LORIU
    Oct 12, 2006
    love the show and all of the characters.......
  98. gb
    Oct 2, 2006
    My wife and I both like this show, and thats unusual. Critics seem to hate it and emphasize that "no one but lonley hearts watch tv on Friday nights". I'll tell you who watches tv on Friday nights, grownups. Keep the reality and cop shows on the school nights and program the weekends for the parents.
  99. KellyH
    Oct 21, 2006
    This is a keeper. There writing is clever, the story line-simple and fun. It is freshing to watch a series that you can sit back and relax to!
  100. SherryC
    Oct 5, 2006
    Men in Trees is a very funny romantic comedy. I LOVE it!!!

1. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Alynda Wheat
    With a pleasant blend of quirkiness and charm, this is an M.I.T. we can all get into. [15 Sep 2006, p.68]
    It’s really a sentimental looking-for-love show after all, albeit one with a wonderful lead actress who will surely do her best to bring nuance and spark.
    A clichéd, cloying show.