Men of a Certain Age : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
8.6

1. AnnieK
    Jan 10, 2010
    I was looking forward to this but am probably through with it. Sorry, but I just can't like Andre Braugher. And Ray Romano's "yeah...okay...that's what I want to say" delivery gets tired. Scott B's character is really the only one I like. And I agree with an earlier post -- back off on the unnecessary foul language. I'm not a prude either, and if the word fits, I was looking forward to this but am probably through with it. Sorry, but I just can't like Andre Braugher. And Ray Romano's "yeah...okay...that's what I want to say" delivery gets tired. Scott B's character is really the only one I like. And I agree with an earlier post -- back off on the unnecessary foul language. I'm not a prude either, and if the word fits, fine, but otherwise leave it out. On the other hand, the show pretty much puts me to sleep and I probably won't watch again. Sorry. Expand
  2. NancyM.d
    Jan 29, 2010
    The show started out pretty good until the last few weeks when the humor and the language got bad.You had every opportunity to have a show that everyone could watch but then you had to use foul language and sexual content to ruin it.I can't recommend this show to anyone and can't watch it and longer.
  3. RoseannK
    Dec 29, 2009
    The show does nothing to make you like these guys. You are not pulling for them at all because you are just annoyed with them. Many of the scenes are unrealistic and just plain contrived. I like Everybody..Raymond but give this show a thumbsdown. Poor, uncreative dialogue.
  4. GinaJ
    Dec 16, 2009
    Lame ! Why did they have to say d*ck every other scene? It was not interesting nor funny. That they are trying to pass as not yet 50 is a joke as well.... They all look tired and sad and not many almost 50's that I know look nor act like they do. Who are they supposed to be representing anyway?
  5. MaryP
    Dec 15, 2009
    I love Ray Romano, but I hated this show. Not funny, not interesting, not convincing, and most annoyingly, way too strong on the use of icky language. I'm not a prude, but this was way over the top.

1. It's a midlife triumph, a series that takes a well-worn theme and makes it unpredictable, freshly funny, and sometimes moving.
  2. The Hollywood Reporter
    Reviewed by: Barry Garron
    Those who gravitate to this engaging show will be rewarded with the kind of substantial, thoughtful fare more often reserved for theater audiences. Plus, there are outstanding performances.
  3. Although Romano is the keystone of the group, it is very much an ensemble drama buoyed by writing that protects the characters from the perils of self-pity and self-indulgence with quick and gentle humor and plot points that capture the forces a middle-aged, middle-class man might actually battle.