• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
8.6

1. Aug 15, 2013
    Many comedy TV shows get old by Season 2 for me. Not this one! It maintained its hilarity and variety in every episode. This cast needs to stick together forever.
  2. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development.One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development.One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development.
  3. Nov 6, 2011
    First season: Loved it! Second season: Didn't think it was possible to surpass season 1, but it did in every way. Third season: Uh oh...rough start finally saved by "The Tree-house" episode. Please don't lose sight of what makes this show hilarious...fast paced, witty, cutting-edge writing without being preachy and becoming a "dram-edy". We love the writing, we love the characters (except for the new Lilly, too old too soon), we love the actors, and we love the directors...don't change! Expand
  4. Sep 16, 2011
    Smart and funny. I did not enjoy the first season much so I was skeptical about the second, but this year, Modern Family became a pleasant surprise and stands as one of my favorite TV shows.
  5. Aug 27, 2011
    O elenco está cada vez m ais entrosado. Destaque para os homens, que sabem fazer comédia como ninguém. Claro, as mulheres também estão excelente: Julia Bowen atua muito bem e Sofía Vergara tem carisma com o público. O elenco infantil também está se superando.
  6. Aug 2, 2011
    The season keeps coming the fresh comedy about three modern couples that make a big family.
    The characters are more funny and the stories are well written. A plus A series I hope it keeps on air for long time! I enjoyed it a lot
  7. Jul 5, 2011
    Modern Family definetly deserved the best comedy Emmy it won. It is one of the best shows on tv currently and in my opinon, the second best comedy currently airing (only behind "The Office")
  8. Jun 8, 2011
    Season 2: I thought what made the show unique in the first season would be its downfall in the second season. Amazing writing and an all-star cast change everything though as I can now officially deem this show the number two comedy of all times right above Arrested Development and right below Seinfeld.
  9. Apr 25, 2011
    This show is comedy genius! I have fallen in love with this show from the first season. From Phil Dunphy to Lily, each character proves to be their own and each add their comedic pizzazz to the table. Recommend this show for anyone who wants to laugh A LOT!
  10. Mar 11, 2011
    This show is hilarious.The cast is perfect. The characters are so funny and likable. They are such a fun family and I love watching this show. The mocumentary style makes it even better. You continue to make me laugh and I hope to see you for many seasons to come.
  11. Feb 3, 2011
    The Second season is just as good as the first and again is very well written. The characters are funnier than ever with new hilarious storylines. The acting is top notch Sofia Vergara and Ed O'Neill are standout players. One great thing about modern family is its consistency it never fails to impress. The best episode so far is the Halloween episode with Manny get you gun a close second. I can't even imagine my Wednesday night with this show. Expand
  12. Jan 13, 2011
    What is it not to like about ''Modern Family''? Its situational comedy at its best with a high potential of being funnier (this sitcom hasn't struck it highest cord yet.)The characters are well and creatively develop with good on cam chemistry. Each line is crafted and intertwined with screen persona. It resembles the ongoing change within family dynamic in a multi-context America.
  13. Nov 3, 2010
    I thought the charm and great entertainment of the first season might dwindle in this second season but a few episodes in and the cast and show aren't showing any sign of this happening anytime soon. This show is here to stay and I am happy about that. This is one of my favorite shows on TV right now.
  14. Oct 30, 2010
    The second season is everything I expected it to be. Better than last season. The season did what it is meant to do and that's be funny. So I hope you watch this season, because trust me only one sitcom can match up to this one and it's on hiatus (Parks and Recreation)
  15. Oct 28, 2010
    This continues to be the prime-time sitcom that all others should be measured by. It continues to assume that it is being watched by intelligent viewers and the writing is tailored as such.
  16. Oct 15, 2010
    I don't understand why there aren't ANY critic reviews of this show on this site. It's obviously one of the best shows on tv. The second season so far has been great, and hopefully it stays that way.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Robert Bianco
    Oct 21, 2010
    Not since Frasier has a sitcom offered such an ideal blend of heart and smarts, or proven itself so effortlessly adept at so many comic variations, from subtle wordplay to big-laugh slapstick to everything in between
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 20, 2010
    Modern Family flows along as seamlessly perfect as it did last year. [25 Oct 2010, p.37]