• Network: ABC
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.7

1. MHD
    May 6, 2013
    "Modern Family" is My Best TV SHOW The Performance Are All GREAT And PERFECT it Can't Be Better That Specially For Eric Stonstreet A Spectacular Performance Great Writing Directing And A Good Comedy And A Great Idea And Caracters
  2. Jan 4, 2014
    An intelligent and fresh comedy with an excellent cast. The way each episode unfolds will keep you bound wit itsmultilinear stories with rich structure and dialogues.
  3. May 2, 2013
    Very funny with well established characters where you get to know each and every person, their name, personality and how they interact with the others. Unlike in some shows where you are left thinking, who is that again, whats his name, this show sets a new standard for establishing characters.

The mix of the different family groups, from the 2nd marriage of Jay, the gay couple and the traditional family of 5. Ed (Jay) really steals the show, his acting and believable is extraordinary, even you initially think of him as Al (Married with Children) that doesn't survive the first episode and he is now a very different person, a family guy, successful with time for the kids, almost the exact opposite of his role as Al.

A few other standouts for me, are my favorite characters. Gloria cracks me up with her loud intrusive ways, Luke has a certain way about him, Cameron is just a bundle of fun and you just have to see him run and lastly Lily who I thought was a bit of a nothing early on, sat there and barely moved, is now a clever little evil genius.

Hope it continues for many years.

PS: We love you too Phil.
  4. May 3, 2013
    I love the show, it makes me laugh. The cast is great. The only problem is that the show is becoming worse and worse by the episode. They really need a huge jump to get my rating back at 10
  5. Aug 15, 2013
    The most delightful show on TV. A great cast, great lines, great stories in every episode. You just want more and more and more. I actually feel saddened when a season comes to an end, and I look forward to hearing about the next seasons!
  6. KMT
    Oct 3, 2010
    I love this show! I think it is so funny! The characters have such unique personalities. I think the funniest is the larger gay guy. He always cracks me up!
  7. Oct 17, 2010
    I enjoy this show every week with its hilarious characters to the exaggerated portrayal of a gay family. I find it funny that the critics providing a negative review here all sound identically the same by providing comments that have no substance. Are you anti-gay ? Thats too bad because a majority of these critics have that much more fun in life. If this show sucked how come they receivedI enjoy this show every week with its hilarious characters to the exaggerated portrayal of a gay family. I find it funny that the critics providing a negative review here all sound identically the same by providing comments that have no substance. Are you anti-gay ? Thats too bad because a majority of these critics have that much more fun in life. If this show sucked how come they received a award? Expand
  8. Jul 19, 2011
    Funny show, but not the greatest. I do LOVE all of characters. The comedy is refreshing and Cam and Phil are my favorites. I hate characters limits. I hate characters limits. I hate characters limits.
  9. Dec 1, 2013
    Without a doubt Modern Family is the best TV show on air today. From the actors to the writing everything seems natural. The key necessities of a good show are heart, meaning, realism, purpose, and devoted cast and crew. Modern Family encompasses all those qualities.
  10. Jan 14, 2011
    This is really funny. Me and my family love it!
  11. Feb 19, 2014
    best comedy Tv show ever. Every character are very strong. it is very funny but there is lot to learn about life. i like the style of story telling. A well written story.
  12. SaraH
    Oct 15, 2009
    Love it love it love!! It makes me laugh each episode. I still can't believe someone other than HBO could create something so creative and funny! Perhaps this is a sign that networks are finally paying attention to something other than reality tv again!
  13. MoseS.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Absolutely hilarious!
  14. Dec 10, 2010
    Phenomenal cast. Clever writing. This is the perfect storm when it comes to sitcoms. They won the Emmy for a reason. If you're not watching this show then you are missing out.
  15. May 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shot in the now popular ‘mockumentary’ style Modern Family focuses on the lives of an extended family and has been sweeping the boards at the Emmys since this very first season. Until I recently I hadn’t got around to watching the show as I wasn’t totally sure it’s ‘mainstream’ humour would appeal to me but, having now seen all twenty-four episodes, I can see why it has proven so popular with critics and viewers alike.

I still haven’t quite got past the fact that the ‘Office’ style talking to the camera doesn’t actually make any sense in this scenario but the most important thing, as it always is with a comedy show, is that it is funny. Aside from the two daughters of Phil and Claire, who for me often came across as petty and spiteful for no reason, each of the characters is likeable and well rounded and brought to life superbly by an excellent cast. The writing is sharp and heartfelt, without ever becoming too sentimental, making for a sit-com that the whole family can enjoy.
  16. Mar 16, 2015
    Fresh and uniquely funny. I love how every person in the family is so true to his or her character, that they always bring something new to the table. I enjoyed every episode, and looking forward to some in the future! I've not been laughing like this for a while now... and you gotta love Mr Phil! Easily the funniest character in any comedy series' history!
  17. May 26, 2012
    one of the funniest comedy shows i have seen since FRIENDS; which still remains my favorite. Modern Family is the best right now. I dont think there's been an episode where I havent laughed.
  18. Jul 10, 2014
    I found this show very enetetainment. I like how the has a variety of different characters and the families are different and the actkrs are outstanding. The episodes are each very interesting and hilarious therefore well written
  19. Apr 18, 2014
    How refreshing. In a land of gimmicky and uninspired television comedies, Modern Family remains one of the original, thoughtful and truly funny shows on television. The writing is surreal in it's smoothness and the combination of characters is just beautiful to watch. The sheer gayness of Eric Stonestreet as Cameron Tucker is worth the price of admission. Smart, smart, smart humor hereHow refreshing. In a land of gimmicky and uninspired television comedies, Modern Family remains one of the original, thoughtful and truly funny shows on television. The writing is surreal in it's smoothness and the combination of characters is just beautiful to watch. The sheer gayness of Eric Stonestreet as Cameron Tucker is worth the price of admission. Smart, smart, smart humor here with just the right amount of silliness. Quality without a doubt. Expand
  20. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Modern Family is one of the most funniest television shows I've ever seen. Besides being funny, it's still a very good show and every episode has a creative plot.
  21. Jun 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Episode 14 of Season 1 is probably one of their best. Great Phil & Claire moments. Gloria, Mitch and Manny have a great C storyline in which Mitch and Manny cautiously confront Gloria about her reckless driving. Claire struggles back and forth with her old colleague's successes (played by Minnie Driver) eventually taking her back to show off her family life, the best compilation of disasters ensues. And in the A-story Jay and Cam play racket-ball and end up touching butts in the locker room. Probably one of the best team-ups of the series. If I was showing this show to someone and had limited time, I'd show them this episode 3rd. Expand
  22. Feb 16, 2015
    I love this show at first it was very hilarious and now its not as funny, but they always surprise me with that. I love Luke and Haley I love Phil and Claire's family dysfunctional, but well entertaining. And Alex.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    This remains far and away the best prime-time sitcom: crisp and farcical, but very kind. [25 Oct 2010, p.37]
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Modern Family is good. Better than good. Really good. O'Neil--dry and wonderful as ever--and Vergara (considerably less dry) are a winning combination.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Flitting among three storylines, it's smart, nimble and best of all, funny, while actually making a point about the evolving nature of what constitutes "family."