• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
8.7

1. Feb 16, 2015
    I love this show at first it was very hilarious and now its not as funny, but they always surprise me with that. I love Luke and Haley I love Phil and Claire's family dysfunctional, but well entertaining. And Alex.
  2. Oct 30, 2014
    This show use to be good...that is before it started winning awards. The last three seasons have literally been about preaching politically correctness rather than actually trying to be an entertaining sitcom which again it use to be.

Cancel the show and move on.
  3. Sep 25, 2014
    Modern Family is one of the most highly acclaimed comedy series today, and for good reason. Based upon a multicultural, gay and straight family, each episode sees a new family value being learnt - and in a warm, comedic way too. The acting is amazing, the characters are likeable and the dilemmas the family face are very relatable. A great comedy, very unique and worth the watch.
  4. Sep 23, 2014
    This series is on par with grandiose abomination. It is Damaging Children (tm) for profit. Children deserve both a mother and a father.

All forms of human trafficking are EVIL.
  5. Sep 12, 2014
    Definitely one of the best comedy shows - ever! It has hilarious jokes but it also a great story. The writing just keeps you waiting and the acting is truly remarkable. One of the best part is that it's a comedy that the whole family can watch, and nowadays that sort of comedy is hard to find. If you make a list of comedies you have to see before you die, Modern Family would be in the topDefinitely one of the best comedy shows - ever! It has hilarious jokes but it also a great story. The writing just keeps you waiting and the acting is truly remarkable. One of the best part is that it's a comedy that the whole family can watch, and nowadays that sort of comedy is hard to find. If you make a list of comedies you have to see before you die, Modern Family would be in the top 10, right next to Seinfeld and 30 Rock. Expand
  6. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Modern Family is one of the most funniest television shows I've ever seen. Besides being funny, it's still a very good show and every episode has a creative plot.
  7. Jul 10, 2014
    I found this show very enetetainment. I like how the has a variety of different characters and the families are different and the actkrs are outstanding. The episodes are each very interesting and hilarious therefore well written
  8. May 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Shot in the now popular ‘mockumentary’ style Modern Family focuses on the lives of an extended family and has been sweeping the boards at the Emmys since this very first season. Until I recently I hadn’t got around to watching the show as I wasn’t totally sure it’s ‘mainstream’ humour would appeal to me but, having now seen all twenty-four episodes, I can see why it has proven so popular with critics and viewers alike.

I still haven’t quite got past the fact that the ‘Office’ style talking to the camera doesn’t actually make any sense in this scenario but the most important thing, as it always is with a comedy show, is that it is funny. Aside from the two daughters of Phil and Claire, who for me often came across as petty and spiteful for no reason, each of the characters is likeable and well rounded and brought to life superbly by an excellent cast. The writing is sharp and heartfelt, without ever becoming too sentimental, making for a sit-com that the whole family can enjoy.
  9. Apr 18, 2014
    How refreshing. In a land of gimmicky and uninspired television comedies, Modern Family remains one of the original, thoughtful and truly funny shows on television. The writing is surreal in it's smoothness and the combination of characters is just beautiful to watch. The sheer gayness of Eric Stonestreet as Cameron Tucker is worth the price of admission. Smart, smart, smart humor hereHow refreshing. In a land of gimmicky and uninspired television comedies, Modern Family remains one of the original, thoughtful and truly funny shows on television. The writing is surreal in it's smoothness and the combination of characters is just beautiful to watch. The sheer gayness of Eric Stonestreet as Cameron Tucker is worth the price of admission. Smart, smart, smart humor here with just the right amount of silliness. Quality without a doubt. Expand
  10. Feb 19, 2014
    best comedy Tv show ever. Every character are very strong. it is very funny but there is lot to learn about life. i like the style of story telling. A well written story.
  11. Jan 4, 2014
    An intelligent and fresh comedy with an excellent cast. The way each episode unfolds will keep you bound wit itsmultilinear stories with rich structure and dialogues.
  12. AGK
    Dec 26, 2013
    I have to be honest here, when I first watched modern family I felt like I was watching a commercial until I saw the intro. the cameramen need to hold it in one place and the story line is just rubbish. not to mention the characters can be quite annoying.
  13. Dec 1, 2013
    Without a doubt Modern Family is the best TV show on air today. From the actors to the writing everything seems natural. The key necessities of a good show are heart, meaning, realism, purpose, and devoted cast and crew. Modern Family encompasses all those qualities.
  14. Oct 9, 2013
    A fresh, farcical comedy that came onto our screens in 2009. It has all our favorite family stereotypes but they are not portrayed in a negative way, rather they are full of character and comedy. A must see, if you haven't seen it.
  15. Aug 15, 2013
    The most delightful show on TV. A great cast, great lines, great stories in every episode. You just want more and more and more. I actually feel saddened when a season comes to an end, and I look forward to hearing about the next seasons!
  16. MHD
    May 6, 2013
    "Modern Family" is My Best TV SHOW The Performance Are All GREAT And PERFECT it Can't Be Better That Specially For Eric Stonstreet A Spectacular Performance Great Writing Directing And A Good Comedy And A Great Idea And Caracters
  17. May 3, 2013
    I love the show, it makes me laugh. The cast is great. The only problem is that the show is becoming worse and worse by the episode. They really need a huge jump to get my rating back at 10
  18. May 2, 2013
    Very funny with well established characters where you get to know each and every person, their name, personality and how they interact with the others. Unlike in some shows where you are left thinking, who is that again, whats his name, this show sets a new standard for establishing characters.

The mix of the different family groups, from the 2nd marriage of Jay, the gay couple and the traditional family of 5. Ed (Jay) really steals the show, his acting and believable is extraordinary, even you initially think of him as Al (Married with Children) that doesn't survive the first episode and he is now a very different person, a family guy, successful with time for the kids, almost the exact opposite of his role as Al.

A few other standouts for me, are my favorite characters. Gloria cracks me up with her loud intrusive ways, Luke has a certain way about him, Cameron is just a bundle of fun and you just have to see him run and lastly Lily who I thought was a bit of a nothing early on, sat there and barely moved, is now a clever little evil genius.

Hope it continues for many years.

PS: We love you too Phil.
  19. May 2, 2013
    love this show very funny and every character has their own thing gloria is a scream and the real star of the show I know as I am married to a colombian woman from the same city LOL
    all the kids are very good actors
  20. Feb 24, 2013
    Watching this show is a waste of your time, I've seen a lot of the episodes and most of them are not very funny or amusing. I've usually chuckled a couple times with each episode but nothing more, I've even sat through about a fourth of the episodes and did not even laugh once. The humor in this show is so dry and colorless that it brings the entire show down. I would advise you to not watch it.
  21. Feb 3, 2013
    I can't seem to find a comedy that I actually like and find funny. Modern Family is no different, only the story line makes me want to keep watching. By story line I mean watching the kids grow up; some scenes really do touch my heart.
  22. Jan 29, 2013
    Great show. I'm personally a massive fan of Gloria, who is absolutely hilarious. I wish this show had just a little more depth, but hey, it's a sitcom
  23. Dec 9, 2012
    Not bad not bad. I like this series. Its not like all the other comedy series (King Of Queens, 2 and a half men etc. ) There are no sounds of an audience and so you can laugh where you think its a nice funny scene. In KoQ and all other series its more a must because the audience laugh and you know immediately that you should laugh there. I like also that there are 3 families and each oneNot bad not bad. I like this series. Its not like all the other comedy series (King Of Queens, 2 and a half men etc. ) There are no sounds of an audience and so you can laugh where you think its a nice funny scene. In KoQ and all other series its more a must because the audience laugh and you know immediately that you should laugh there. I like also that there are 3 families and each one has another story to tell in each episode. Each charakter is different and funny on its own. Expand
  24. Oct 4, 2012
    The show isn't horrible, but in my opinion, it isn't good either. I watched the first couple of seasons, but on the third season I got tired of the show. It truly surprises me why people like the show so much, there are a few jokes per episode, but in my opinion the rest of the episode is a huge waste of time.
  25. Oct 2, 2012
    This is a great show. The cast was virtually unknown to me when it started except Ed O'Neill. I quickly came to appreciate all of them. Everyone has contributes to the comedy and to the set backs they have to face as a family. The timing is great on the jokes and the way the cast plays off each other. I look forward to it every week.
  26. Sep 18, 2012
    One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development. One of the funniest shows ever, right up there with arrested development....
  27. Sep 17, 2012
    It's so refreshing to see a comedy that doesn't just treat it's homosexual characters as one-note gags, and as a complete package, Modern Family is a home-run. The actors are flawless, the writing is hilarious and the result is one of the best comedies on television.
  28. Aug 26, 2012
    I never watch TV show, like seriously, and I found this one from the post on tumblr and I thought, heck it won't do any harm just to check it out, I ended up falling in love with the show.
  29. Jun 10, 2012
    I think this link has some of the most legitimate and well phrased reasons why this show is overrated: http://www.punchnels.com/features/five-reasons-i-hate-modern-family/ You can replace #3 and #5 for 'Mockumentary style has been done and done better - it does not make the show original,' and 'It's so BROAD and tries to appeal to every single person in the planet. They try to stuff soI think this link has some of the most legitimate and well phrased reasons why this show is overrated: http://www.punchnels.com/features/five-reasons-i-hate-modern-family/ You can replace #3 and #5 for 'Mockumentary style has been done and done better - it does not make the show original,' and 'It's so BROAD and tries to appeal to every single person in the planet. They try to stuff so much into one character that it's ridiculous. All what's on screen is what you WANT to see. People want to see a diverse family who's different from the bunch but also has fun and learns something at the end of everyday. ' And I think that the fact that this show is trying so hard to be diverse and is so in-your-face about it (seriously, diversity is basically the main topic) that it's actually insulting. People shouldn't be doing something to show others how diverse and open-minded they are - it should come from within and be a background thing - not something you boast. However, I think the reason why I dislike it so much is because the professional critics think this is comic gold and "genius". And that it sweeps the Emmys. It's a shame smarter, funnier tv shows aren't visible to people.
    As someone else said, the only saving grace is the actors. And maybe that it gets people off of shows like the Kardashians or Toddlers and Tiaras.
  30. May 26, 2012
    one of the funniest comedy shows i have seen since FRIENDS; which still remains my favorite. Modern Family is the best right now. I dont think there's been an episode where I havent laughed.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    This remains far and away the best prime-time sitcom: crisp and farcical, but very kind. [25 Oct 2010, p.37]
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Modern Family is good. Better than good. Really good. O'Neil--dry and wonderful as ever--and Vergara (considerably less dry) are a winning combination.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Flitting among three storylines, it's smart, nimble and best of all, funny, while actually making a point about the evolving nature of what constitutes "family."