NCIS: Los Angeles : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10
5.6

1. Sep 29, 2010
    Its clear from the start that Belesario is not directing this series, and unfortunately it turned into just another boring CSI wannae with little character development, no humour, and quite a lot dumbing down. Take the first episode - "my cocaine is pure" says the drug dealer. What drug dealer says that? But no, we are so stupid we have to be told the white stuff in the suitcase isIts clear from the start that Belesario is not directing this series, and unfortunately it turned into just another boring CSI wannae with little character development, no humour, and quite a lot dumbing down. Take the first episode - "my cocaine is pure" says the drug dealer. What drug dealer says that? But no, we are so stupid we have to be told the white stuff in the suitcase is cocaine. The slick, snappy writing of the original series and the focus on team dynamcis and the relationships between the team members are no where to be seen, while the chemistry between the characters, apparent in the spin-off episodes but evaporating in a high-tech blaze by the first episode, leaves the two main characters playing their roles like straight men playing a gay crush in an amateur dramatics group. What a disappointment. Collapse
  2. NadiaL.
    Sep 25, 2009
    The cast and characters have me intrigued, I'll come back to see what happens. Hopefully the plots and writing will improve, which they normally do in time, so again, I'll stay tuned
  3. LeeC.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Much better than last year introduction. Yeah Linda Hunt.
  4. PaulH.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Excellent cop show, never be good as NCIS.. but i rate NCIS a 1210 .. has A LOT of potential... Glenn Garvin from Miami Herald is an idiot...
  5. JamesG.
    Oct 18, 2009
    I thought it was good. While it does have room for improvement and the characters should flesh out a bit it was overall a light show good to watch.
  6. May 21, 2011
    i enjoy watching this show it provides some good suspenseful stories to keep viewers watching. the cast all perform there roles fine and the series also provides good backgrounds for all the characters to create a fan base. however this show does not provide the same drama as the original NCIS as this provides episodes revolving around undercover it needs to adapt more
  7. Jan 6, 2016
    This NCIS spin-off is better than the original series in all aspects. The actors are more fun to watch and sometimes a little bit over the edge, but this is what makes this show interesting in comparison to the original which I have stopped watching.
  8. Apr 6, 2011
    This show is semi decent. All these characters are very boring and very original. Yes they all have a unique individualistic quirks about them and when you mash them up you get good character roles, but this has been done so many times. However, I do like the fact that it show patriotism and liberty. In the show these characters portray a type of liberty as in these characters areThis show is semi decent. All these characters are very boring and very original. Yes they all have a unique individualistic quirks about them and when you mash them up you get good character roles, but this has been done so many times. However, I do like the fact that it show patriotism and liberty. In the show these characters portray a type of liberty as in these characters are putting themselves in harms way and to get justice, and in a way defend this country that they love show much. This show has the potential to get better, but they have to tweak it to make the show original not just a spin-off but a spin-off and even more, and I think that it can happen. Expand
  9. Jan 29, 2012
    NCIS Los Angeles - the best show on tv. I have been watching this since it started and it gets better every show. Really like Chris O'donnell as Callen and the other characters, Hetty, Sam and Kensi. Great show, lots of great action, has a great serious side but also has some really good laughs. Not like the original at all - even better.
  10. Mar 2, 2013
    It seems like a lot of people DON'T like this. I don't know why it has great actors and some people say the plots are uninteresting but i don't know why. It's a great crime show series.
  11. Oct 18, 2013
    Marisol Nichols can't act worth a crap and the episode where she guest starred on NCIS Los Angeles was horrible. Bad episode all around, I hope I don't see anymore of these poorly written episodes.

1. The plot bats at logic like a cat toy, but the experience is still slickly entertaining.
  2. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    It's a Pre-Cambrian specimen that crept out of the primordial ooze of TV past, with a rhythm so profoundly familiar that if you happened to fall asleep during the first few minutes and woke up for the last, you'd be able to mentally reconstruct the entire program from scratch.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The series can at best be lauded for its efficiency and at worst be chided for resorting to the convenient fallback of Mexican drug lords as its initial heavies.