• Network: ABC
Season #: 1, 2
8.6

1. sharg
    Apr 20, 2007
    october road is the best new show!
  2. Matthew
    Mar 17, 2007
    Completely unbelievable characters and dialogue. Tries to be endearing but comes off as annoying.
  3. AllisonW
    Mar 20, 2007
    This show was so good I love everything about it from the acting to the music it all just works for the show. And Nick will u marry me
  4. sf
    Mar 30, 2007
    Awful. Sloppy plot. Undeveloped characters. The old "friends" all run together. Predictable and lackluster.
  5. mercye.
    Oct 10, 2007
    love October road- this was one of my favorite mid season shows! love the actors- and the love stories! it's like a good book that i hated to put down. can't wait to see it on the air again!
  6. AngelaB.
    Nov 3, 2007
    I love October Road and couldn't believe it wasn't brought back. I want to know the rest of their stories. The critics don't know everything. ABC needs to bring it back.
  7. mlh
    Oct 21, 2007
    Love the show!!!!
  8. AngieG.
    Dec 5, 2007
    I love the show. I was ticked when I found out that October Road was not coming back. I could not believe the first show that I had enjoyed watching in quite some time was not returning. I don't care to see another reality show or one more crazy murder show. I cant wait for more! love the Mushy stuff! I enjoy sitting down wrapping up in a blanket and going to Knights Ridge for more.
  9. JeffN
    Mar 15, 2007
    The music is from the wrong decade, the dialog doesn't work. It's like the town had all taken trained with the Verbal Advantage. A pretensious writer and photographer got together with a cluless producer and was directed by someone with no sense of time or a grasp on reality. It's a failed attempt at the series for eveyone from 6 to 60.
  10. TawniM
    Mar 16, 2007
    Great new show! Being a Gen-Xer myself, I was immediatley smitten when the first image was of the late great Cobain. And when the opening flashback scene faded with Boston's "Dont Look Back" just days after the untimely death of legandary lead singer Brad Delp, I couldnt help but think that the next hour would be truely something special. Add a little Three Dog Night and REO Speed Great new show! Being a Gen-Xer myself, I was immediatley smitten when the first image was of the late great Cobain. And when the opening flashback scene faded with Boston's "Dont Look Back" just days after the untimely death of legandary lead singer Brad Delp, I couldnt help but think that the next hour would be truely something special. Add a little Three Dog Night and REO Speed Wagon to the mix, and what you have is a musical, magical, well written trip down memory lane. Great cast! Great soundtrack! The way I see it, October Road is in diapers!!! Expand
  11. Kate
    Mar 19, 2007
    This was a great show. People who say it was bad are just being cynical and critical. Whatever happened with good old love stories unfolding and not being judgmental about them. This show makes you want to see more!
  12. saraw
    Mar 24, 2007
    Conventional, boring and predictable. A complete waste of time. Complete lack of originality.
  13. JackieH
    Apr 19, 2007
    I DON'T agree with the critics! I absolutely love this show. I watch it each week, and hopefully will be able to watch it in the Fall.
  14. TammyL
    Apr 22, 2007
    I enjoy watching the characters renew their friendships. Yes, the show is basically unbelievable but isn't that why you watch tv to escape reality.
  15. cheriek
    Apr 25, 2007
    I enjoy the show and hope its renewed
  16. ericau
    Apr 3, 2007
    great show!
  17. KV
    Apr 30, 2007
    I really like this show. Finally, something even my husband will watch with me! It's nice to see something that isn't gory and full of violence that I can't let my kids see. And I like the music, too.
  18. ashleyA.
    I love this show!!!
  19. LizS
    Loves IT!!!!!!!!
  20. LaurenB
    Apr 5, 2007
    I can honestly say that this is one of my favorite shows of all time (four episodes in). The purpose of TV is to take your mind off reality. It doesn't need to be believeable or realistic, just entertaining. Great cast, good looking cast, and wonderful story line. I love it!
  21. CB
    Apr 6, 2007
    Mostly unbearable
  22. stepahniee
    May 14, 2007
    i actually enjoy it
  23. Jacob
    May 14, 2007
    I don't understand how the critics don't like the show. I really do think it's the best new show we've been thrust upon. Kind of expected it to be much higher. In the green. ...Huh. Well anyway, I really like it.
  24. angelicag.
    Jul 8, 2007
    I really love this show!! i cant wait till its back on. the story line has a lot of real life issue's and the actors are great i hope hope i dont miss any episodes. its the only show thats worth staying up past 10pm to see..
  25. NicoleG.
    Sep 12, 2007
    Why must it come out midseason???? Love This Show!!!!!
  26. TerrieT.
    Sep 6, 2007
    Wondering when it will start up again, It's one of the best shows on. All actors are rated a10 in my book.
  27. KayJ.
    Feb 12, 2008
    One of the best shows on TV! Hope it stays on for awhile
  28. AlexA
    Mar 10, 2008
    Some critics are right, This is a almost a chick show only that it is for guys,... Regardles of what they say, I must admit this has been one of the best show I have seen...Call me crazy but I'm sure there are more guys out there like myself that some how in one way or another can relate to what goes on in the TV show..... I like it...
  29. PamelaC.
    Apr 18, 2008
    I absolutely love October Road. Sometimes I think the critics are half-asleep when they write this stuff. I suppose once your mind has been constantly stuffed with forensics, back-stabbing housewives, over-dramatic doctors (did I leave anything out) ... you don't know a good thing when you see it.
  30. MichelleJ.
    Apr 18, 2008
    I don't know what show the critics have viewed, I completely disagree with them. This show is a joy. It is entertaining and fun and it is a wonderful change from the copy cat shows that are flooding the air waves. LOVE IT!
  31. TracyR.
    Apr 19, 2008
    I can't believe the negative reviews for this outstanding show. I think all of these reviews were from season 1 and the second season really was better than the 1st. But if these critics hate my favorite show on TV, I won't be reading them for advice any longer. October Road has everything I want in a TV show---great characters, interesting story lines, character arcs, talented I can't believe the negative reviews for this outstanding show. I think all of these reviews were from season 1 and the second season really was better than the 1st. But if these critics hate my favorite show on TV, I won't be reading them for advice any longer. October Road has everything I want in a TV show---great characters, interesting story lines, character arcs, talented actors, heart, family and friends who stick by each other in hard times and a terrific musical soundtrack that you can't sit still to. This show is like coming home to your old neighborhood once a week. It's a slice of Americana that doesn't exist on TV anymore among the cop, law or reality shows. October Road WILL make you cry, laugh and feel like you're among family and friends. WATCH IT! Expand
  32. EmmieS
    Apr 28, 2008
    This is the most realistic show on television. I can relate to the characters as if they were my friends back home.
  33. juleek.
    Nov 13, 2007
    This tv show is terrible. Such bad writing. Incredibly cliche, mushy, predictable, mediocre . It is truly unwatchable.
  34. MyrnaR.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Love it, very heartwarming, a change from all the crime series. Hope it comes back for another season.
  35. MatthewS.
    Nov 8, 2007
    I beleive that this series is well written and wonderfully casted, the sound track is right on.
  36. AronA.
    Dec 10, 2007
    This is definitely one of the best shows on TV.
  37. GregM
    Mar 16, 2007
    I liked it a lot. Interesting characters and the story is kind of intriguing - wonder what happens next.
  38. BarbaraB
    Mar 16, 2007
    Loved it! Enjoyed seeing the characters "then" & "now" as welll as the lovely scenery of the town. Plot holes where main character "disappears" for 10 years, but is only in NYC; also doesn't hear about pregnancy of HS sweetheart, even though he was having sex with her. COME ON!! The rest is fun and enjoyable, esp. the sound track!
  39. betsyk
    Mar 16, 2007
    I loved this show - the entire premise is great
  40. PhilipB
    Mar 16, 2007
    A good beginning for what promises to be a good show that will keep my interest as it progresses & the characters develop. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
  41. FrediaB
    Mar 16, 2007
    Great show loved the story line loved the characters especially the little boy who plays Sam.. Slade Pearce great little actor.
    Mar 16, 2007
    Pilot was pathetically predictable and loaded with cliche after cliche. dialogue was awful. The only thing this show has going for it is its shot in town with pretty homes.
  43. HondoJ
    Mar 19, 2007
    If you would have asked this reviewer what the odds were of successfully translating the novels of Thomas Wolfe to the small screen, he would have said they lay somewhere between slim and none. Well look homeward, angel - ABC has finally managed to pull it off. The sublime Bryan Greenberg subs for the late novelist in this coming-of-age tragi-dramedy that dares to wonder if one can go If you would have asked this reviewer what the odds were of successfully translating the novels of Thomas Wolfe to the small screen, he would have said they lay somewhere between slim and none. Well look homeward, angel - ABC has finally managed to pull it off. The sublime Bryan Greenberg subs for the late novelist in this coming-of-age tragi-dramedy that dares to wonder if one can go home again. Tom Berenger returns to the glory days of "Sniper" and "The Principal," leaving the viewer to wonder how he could have slipped under the radar for so many years. "October Road" has a direct route to Emmy glory, and everyone should hop along for the ride. Expand
  44. SherryT
    Mar 19, 2007
    I thought it was excellent, I can't wait to watch the rest of the season. Good job ABC
  45. Kristen
    Mar 21, 2007
    I Love this show so far... its just my kind of story line!
  46. MikeB
    Mar 23, 2007
    Honestly, I feel like I'm watching a combination of Felicity, Dawson's Creek and Party of Five...I hope my friend's don't find out. Though the overall situation (kinda sorta) hits home with me, there are some things that annoy me: The whole airband thing, the elaborate oratory abilities of these small town folks, and if someone mentions that he was gone for "ten years" Honestly, I feel like I'm watching a combination of Felicity, Dawson's Creek and Party of Five...I hope my friend's don't find out. Though the overall situation (kinda sorta) hits home with me, there are some things that annoy me: The whole airband thing, the elaborate oratory abilities of these small town folks, and if someone mentions that he was gone for "ten years" again, my TV is going out the window - we get the picture already. I give this a 7 because, for some reason, I keep watching it - I'm just not sure why yet. Expand
  47. Hippielove
    Mar 23, 2007
    I love it, it is funny and entertaining.. so what if you can figure out what is going to happen, you can do that with most soaps and movies anyway..
  48. jennb
    Mar 27, 2007
    Just horrible--especially the dialogue
  49. StephanieS
    Wonderfully funny show! Clever & Charming
  50. MalcolmB
    Mar 31, 2007
    The writers for October Road make the Grey's Anatomy Bozos seem like Shakespeare. The October Road word butchers present an improbable
  51. ashleyA.
    Apr 11, 2007
    I love this show!!!
  52. Guy
    Apr 19, 2007
    Ok, so the dialogue isn't completely believable, but I feel the same way about most television series. The producers have done a fine job of piecing it all together. The music is great and elicits appropriate emotions. I have to agree with others that I find the premise intriguing, and yes, a total trip down memory lane. Personally, I find that characters easy to relate to, and Ok, so the dialogue isn't completely believable, but I feel the same way about most television series. The producers have done a fine job of piecing it all together. The music is great and elicits appropriate emotions. I have to agree with others that I find the premise intriguing, and yes, a total trip down memory lane. Personally, I find that characters easy to relate to, and I'm sure many viewers feel the same way. Maybe it's (partly) nostalgia, but I enjoy the show, and will anticipate the next episode. Expand
  53. RaplhM
    Apr 2, 2007
    I very much enjoyed the show, especially Bryan Greenberg.
  54. RobU
    Apr 26, 2007
    The insipid "air guitar practice" bit ALONE should have kept this show from ever being aired. Hackneyed in every way, this show is an insult to anyone who's ever actually labored to write something worthwhile. It's toxic, everybody involved should be embarrassed.
  55. krisb
    Apr 26, 2007
    please bring this show back! it has great potential. abc didn't even give it a fair chance on succeeding. this show has real story lines, unlike most shows now a days. please don't make a mistake by getting rid of it. =((((((((((
  56. Russ
    Apr 26, 2007
    This show is actually pretty decent compared with all the trash out there. A 23? How can a reviewer make an assessment after just seeing the pilot? And this rating stays no matter how the show develops. At this point, anything other than cop, medical, law, or reality shows are worth a shot. My main problem with the show: I live in Mass and can't figure out what town this is supposed This show is actually pretty decent compared with all the trash out there. A 23? How can a reviewer make an assessment after just seeing the pilot? And this rating stays no matter how the show develops. At this point, anything other than cop, medical, law, or reality shows are worth a shot. My main problem with the show: I live in Mass and can't figure out what town this is supposed to be. It doesn't fit any that i know of and the state is pretty small. It shouldn't but it bothers me to no`end. Expand
  57. mistih
    Apr 30, 2007
    i gave up ER to watch this show, it really is that great, and i hated that it has already ended for the season. i loved bryan greenberg on One Tree Hill and love him even more now. i am looking forward to the new season and hope that October Road comes back!!!!!!!
  58. Stella
    Apr 4, 2007
    Cringe-worthy dialogue, unlikable main character, predictable, cheesy and asinine storylines. And it's all been done before.
  59. SharonB
    Apr 8, 2007
    look forward to seeing this show and disappointed not to see it listed in this week;s tv guide-What happened?
  60. AlliMiller
    May 27, 2007
    Love it!
  61. DanielleK.
    Jun 14, 2007
    I like it, its clean, down to earth unlike a lot of garbage on TV nowdays!
  62. ShelleyM
    Jun 15, 2007
    I really LOVE this show. The characters seem like people you would actually know in real life. I used to love "Grey's" but have gotten annoyed with how all the characters are so winey and negative about everything! October Road may have some similarities to other shows but it also has a freshness and I really LIKE the characters and their quirks. They are kind of a cross between the I really LOVE this show. The characters seem like people you would actually know in real life. I used to love "Grey's" but have gotten annoyed with how all the characters are so winey and negative about everything! October Road may have some similarities to other shows but it also has a freshness and I really LIKE the characters and their quirks. They are kind of a cross between the book, Empire Falls and the TV show, Northern Exposure. I love the music played on the show (Even though sometimes it does seem a little old for the characters! - so what, it just makes it a little more interesting!) I hope people really support this show and can enjoy watching something other than violence or reality shows! Expand
  63. Susan
    Jun 22, 2007
    As a consumer in the key demographic area with a 6 figure family income, I love the show. While I'm not pulling down a salary for slamming the show, I am the consumer who will support the advertisers!!
  64. DebbieR.
    Jul 1, 2007
    I love this show. This is my all time fave of the past season. I really hope that ABC picks it back up.
  65. monicac.
    Jul 1, 2007
    I Think The Show Is Great. I Dont Like That The Season Ended So Soon. Those Critics That Didn't Like It Are Out Their Minds.
  66. meg
    Aug 23, 2007
    Usually I go to bed at about 10 on school nights but now....i am definatley staying up later on thursdays!!! This is the best show on telivision.Like someone already said there is so much bad stuff on TV now i was VERY VERY impressed how Octover Road turned out. I am so glad it came back!
  67. AuburnS.
    Jan 15, 2008
    Critics suck. Watch the show.
  68. LeslieM.
    Jan 17, 2008
    I love because it's not about Dr's, lawyers or a bunch of slutty housewives.
  69. HeidiN.
    Feb 11, 2008
    I love it!! whats this about it not coming back?? that would be sad...i think these bad reviews by newspapers need to stop...quit crushin my favortie show, yea maybe its a little predictable, but its fun and interensting...every once in a while its good to have a nice predictable show to let your brain melt in front of rather then watching a heart wrenching show where your either scared I love it!! whats this about it not coming back?? that would be sad...i think these bad reviews by newspapers need to stop...quit crushin my favortie show, yea maybe its a little predictable, but its fun and interensting...every once in a while its good to have a nice predictable show to let your brain melt in front of rather then watching a heart wrenching show where your either scared to death or afraid to watch anymore...October road is not completely predictable either, no, there are no crazy mad men out to kill like in lost...no there is not a constant theme like on scrubs...its not about how doctors interact and how they spend their money, its not about how a bunch of people from bad backgrounds end up on a deserted island... it is about normal blue-collar people who go through normal life events.. i love it, you should too. Expand
  70. DeannaJ
    Mar 11, 2008
    I think the critics think everyone wants reality.(Crictics get it wrong most of the time any way) We get reality everyday, I want a fun show that makes me laugh, with simple storyline. The people watching this show are sick of reality and over done drama. What's wrong with a little dose of over done fiction? I Love October Road!
  71. Danielle
    Mar 24, 2008
    October Road has its problems, but at its core is a story worth visiting week after week. Critics forget that no show comes perfectly wrapped. Remember how Seinfeld began? I enjoy visiting Knights Ridge and checking some nostalgic tunes and great characters. I hope it gets picked by CW if ABC drops it.
  72. MariaG.
    Apr 18, 2008
    This is an amazing show. Much better than all the blood and violence that is on.
  73. JaneZ.
    Apr 18, 2008
    I have to say that this is the first show in a long time that I really love. Enough so that I've gotten involved in the campaign to save this show. Something I've never done ever in the past. So much for critics, really people like me love this show.
  74. AmandaP
    Apr 18, 2008
    I love this show! I think the characters are great and the cast couldn't be more perfect!
  75. CindyS.
    Apr 18, 2008
    I have never gone by what the critics say before and sure aren't about to start now. I happen to love this show! It is a refreshing change and extremely addictive! It also has some of the best soundtracks ever on a tv show. We Roadies aren't going to let it go down without a fight, either. Just google "Pay October Road Forward" if you'd like to help save the show. Long Live I have never gone by what the critics say before and sure aren't about to start now. I happen to love this show! It is a refreshing change and extremely addictive! It also has some of the best soundtracks ever on a tv show. We Roadies aren't going to let it go down without a fight, either. Just google "Pay October Road Forward" if you'd like to help save the show. Long Live the Road! Expand
  76. JillB.
    Apr 18, 2008
    Wow.... Are these the STEPFORD CRITICS? Complete robots. Watch season 2 everyone. Amazing talent and writing involved. Amazing fan base and mcu dimension.... LOVE IT!
  77. AnnaL
    Apr 19, 2008
    This is the best show you're not watching. Don't listen to the critics, this show rocks!
  78. AliW
    Apr 19, 2008
    October Road is such a great show! Far more realistic than Desperate Housewives or Grey's anatomy. Don't tell me about towns of beautiful people. October Road is fresh and a lot more realistic than all the other horse puckey out there. Please ABC, renew October Road!
  79. Carol
    Apr 8, 2008
    I love this show! The characters, the storylines - they're great. I look forward to my weekly visit to The Ridge. Hope it gets renewed!!
  80. ScottR.
    Nov 21, 2007
    Awesome Show. Critics are idiots.
  81. apollok
    Mar 15, 2007
    Not as bad as they say it is, although it is almost a complete knock off of men in trees, it's still good.
  82. HollyB
    awesome show!
  83. LindaS
    Mar 29, 2007
    I only watch it for Bryan Greenberg who was terrific in "Prime" alongside Uma Thurman.
  84. ChristineL
    Mar 29, 2007
    Great Thursday nights could it get any better?
  85. DitaT
    Mar 31, 2007
    High school boy from happy town has sex with girl who loves him. He goes to Europe and becomes famous write. Writes extremely successful best selling book: TURTLE ON A SNARE DRUM. Readers must have bought it for the title. If the fake novel is half as good as the writing for this television fiasco, then you will find many copies of the book in the remainder bin at Books "R" Us.
  86. jen
    Mar 31, 2007
    I was hooked after one episode and it keeps getting better. The music is great too!
  87. JennB
    Apr 12, 2007
    I think this is a great show...Bryan Greenberg is great!!
  88. RaisaJ
    Another sloppy mess. Unwatchable... gross
  89. maryw
    Apr 26, 2007
    this is the best show on TV - don't cancel it!
  90. JenS
    May 11, 2007
    This show was amazing in all ways shapes and forms.
  91. LisaH
    May 13, 2007
    OR has grown and improved with every episode and is now the family favorite over "Grey's" (which is getting too dark). OR has some character in its ensemble that everyone can identify with, great music and reminds us of growing up. Nick-names and air guitar -- oh yeah, been there. Eddie/Janet is the real reason to watch. Hope it's renewed.
  92. CrystalT.
    May 23, 2007
    This show is so refreshing from the so called "reality" shows and all the Law and forensic shows out there. This is one of those shows that gets back to the root of good television. I dont understand how all the critics hated it. Granted these are the same peopel that praise the genius of all the shows i hate. Yea it started of slow... But you ahve to start somewhere to build something This show is so refreshing from the so called "reality" shows and all the Law and forensic shows out there. This is one of those shows that gets back to the root of good television. I dont understand how all the critics hated it. Granted these are the same peopel that praise the genius of all the shows i hate. Yea it started of slow... But you ahve to start somewhere to build something great. Nothing great ever happened overnight. I think this show has just the right ammount of quirk. It reminds me of some of the guys in my highschool that i know stilll live in thier hometown and go to the same bar and do the same things. It so refreshing to be away from the drama filled drugs, sex and murder shows. Gets us back to a life some of us can relate to! Im mad personly that we have to wait till midseason again to see this show! Expand
  93. MikeA
    May 23, 2007
    A refreshing change from the shows on TV today. Reminds me of how good television used to be!
  94. eric
    May 31, 2007
    just waiting for the next episode.
  95. tamrich
    Aug 23, 2007
    love love love the show
  96. SaraK
    Aug 28, 2007
    This is one of my favorite shows last season.......I'm very disappointed that it is not returning until midseason.
  97. LynnP
    Sep 16, 2007
    Was looking forward to the new fall season and my favorite show "October Road". Bought my new TV Guide for fall season and no October Road. Why didn't ABC bring it back? Please bring back the best new mid-season show.
  98. RacyW.
    Sep 21, 2007
    WOW!!!!! I love this show!!!!!
  99. JenniferS.
    Jan 23, 2008
    I love this show. i cant wait for the next installment. I cant believe its not coming back. I'm gonna stop watching tv again. so sick of the reality shows.
  100. s
    Feb 11, 2008
    I love the show. It's got heart. Granted, the music is older, but they are trying to relate to the people watching and taking artist liberty with time frames. It's still relevant stuff. The characters and issues are timeless, and I personally like music I can relate to. I look forward to watching the plot unfold. The fact is, life for most of us is always changing and never I love the show. It's got heart. Granted, the music is older, but they are trying to relate to the people watching and taking artist liberty with time frames. It's still relevant stuff. The characters and issues are timeless, and I personally like music I can relate to. I look forward to watching the plot unfold. The fact is, life for most of us is always changing and never black and white. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Achingly sincere, deeply unbelievable.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    [It] feels like a Hallmark movie stretched into series form.
    Alternately engaging and annoying.