- Starring: Richard Wilson, Owen Brenman, Annette Crosbie
Victor Meldrew, a man who, put simply, is annoyed by every one of life's 'challenges' and when forced to take early retirement, he suddenly has plenty of time on his hands to rage against the petty annoyances of life and the people in it. Victor (Richard Wilson) has more than his fair share of complete and total idiots causing mayhem in his life and they always seem to culminate together to form one huge, disastrous conclusion that inevitably leaves Victor uttering his most famous catchphrase; "I don't believe it!"
His long-suffering wife, Margaret (Annette Crosby), tries her best to cope with Victor’s rantings but, at the end of the day, she knows that deep down he has a heart of gold and wouldn’t want to have him any other way. Other regular characters are neighbours, Patrick Trench (Angus Deayton) and his wife Pippa (Janine Duvitski), who always seem to be on the wrong end of a misunderstanding with Victor, 'Family' friend Mrs Warboys (Doreen Mantle), who usually adds to Victor's despair, and Nick Swainey (Owen Brenman), a kind hearted eccentric fellow next door whose bizarre antics are the only thing that makes Victor speechless.
• One Foot in the Grave was written and created by David Renwick and was produced and broadcast by the BBC. • The shows theme song was written, composed and sung by ex-python Eric Idle.
• The show came 10th in the 'Britain's Best Sitcom' pole in 2004.… Expand
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Show Type: Ended
- Season 5 premiere date: Dec 25, 1994
- Episode Length: 30
- Air Time: 09:30 PM
- More Details and Credits »