One Tree Hill : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2003
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
7.9

1. Nov 14, 2010
    This show used to be amazing, but it that has drastically changed. I enjoyed the time when they were in high school, but as the characters mature, it has become less enjoyable. Mark Schwahn has broken up some of my favorite couples and introduced new story lines that are boring. One Tree Hill is just not that good anymore.
  2. Dec 12, 2011
    It used to be great but the last few seasons (since parts of the main characters left) it became a bit boring and repetitive.. Now they are soon releasing the final season and it's going to be interesting to see how they tied the series together.
  3. Jan 26, 2011
    I had to mark this one down because of the casting director. The "Parents" of the "kids " look like they're only 10-15 years older. WTF? Sorry but, not believable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I first saw Lucas & his mum talking, I expected her character to be his older sister. When I found out she'd been cast as his mother, my only thought was WTF? Are you kidding me? DoI had to mark this one down because of the casting director. The "Parents" of the "kids " look like they're only 10-15 years older. WTF? Sorry but, not believable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I first saw Lucas & his mum talking, I expected her character to be his older sister. When I found out she'd been cast as his mother, my only thought was WTF? Are you kidding me? Do you really think we're that stupid? Casting Directors, please note: Your audience are not thick as two planks. Expand

1. The Hollywood Reporter
    Reviewed by: Staff [Not Credited]
    Jun 30, 2013
    The opening hour is too loaded down with cliched angst to stimulate much more than the libido of its target teen audience. [22 Sept 2003]
  2. Washington Post
    Reviewed by: Tom Shales
    The show is pure hooey. [21 Sept 2003, p.N01]
  3. Newark Star-Ledger
    Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jun 30, 2013
    A welcome surprise - an unabashed melodrama that doesn't wink at the audience but doesn't take itself too seriously, either. Every choice it makes, from pacing to photography to music, seems just about right, and the casting is inspired. (I appreciate that it filled its lead roles with two young men who are somewhat credible on the court.) [23 Sept 2003, p.43]