• Network: BBC America
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 30, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 2
8.6

1. Apr 19, 2014
    Great start to what looks to be a great second season. The episode right where we left off from last years finale and the clone adrenaline doesn't end until the credits roll. Alison has to be my favorite clone and after tonights episode you will see why. Get in on the clone club and buckle up. We are headed for something big.
  2. May 25, 2014
    Orphan Black keeps getting better! So much excitement right from the off and it continues to thrill. So many twists and turns, it will keep you at the edge of your seat and will make you yell at your TV for it not to end. Can't wait to see what happens every week. I love each and every one of the characters - they are full of depth and have very interesting personalities, and combined areOrphan Black keeps getting better! So much excitement right from the off and it continues to thrill. So many twists and turns, it will keep you at the edge of your seat and will make you yell at your TV for it not to end. Can't wait to see what happens every week. I love each and every one of the characters - they are full of depth and have very interesting personalities, and combined are fantastic. Tatiana continues to wow with her outstanding acting (even if I've noticed her British accent slip a few times) and I'd love to see her in even more roles! An overall brilliant show. Expand
  3. Apr 19, 2014
    glad to see the pace is holding up. i don't care about the miucia i just like the thrill. i'll go back after the season and catch up but for now let's just shoot rachel and get over it already.
  4. Jun 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Holy crap. The finale knows how to set up what’s next for the next season! I wonder how its limited budget would allow more casting now there is going to be male clones next season. And thank god Cosima didn’t die yet.

But during the season, I still prefer the first season. I don’t know why, maybe the DYAD Institute storyline wasn’t interesting enough this season. However, what really bored me the most is the “cult” storyline. It wasn’t even creepy enough to be interesting.

What made me stayed is the characters of the show. They’re always the highlight in this show. First, the clones. The clones, no matter if they’re good or bad, you cannot just hate them. (Except the transgender version of Sarah. Argh. Lame.) And also, there is no favoritism with them. You want to stay in the same room as them.

It’s not just about the clones. It’s also about the characters surrounding them. Like Felix, he seems to be every clone’s best friend. Like Mrs. S, she seems very shady these days but you still can’t hate her because she always put Sarah and Kira as her priority no matter what side she is in. Like Kira, she is so wise and kind beyond her years and she isn’t one of the stereotypical annoying child characters from other TV shows. Like Donny, he started out like an **** but as he progressed, he becomes much very **** up like Alison and that is a perfect match for Alison’s personality.

Of course, the plot cannot move itself without character development and it has to be good. It’s good for some of the old characters that stayed since season one like I mentioned above, but not so much for some of the characters from season one as well. Art is pretty useless this season unfortunately. The only storyline that fits him is the Beth Childs arc, which isn’t explored deeply at all. I hope next season focuses that.

Character development is also good for some new characters, like Cal, he is very useful and likable. More of Daario Naharis, I mean, Cal next season please! And Rachel, another clone, is very interesting. She looked very strong, but in the end, she is just emotional and misses her childhood. But character development for the new characters is bad as well. Like Tony, he/she is just weird, like Sarah with a penis and seeing Tony kissing Felix is the most **** up thing I have ever seen. It’s not homophobic, but I see it as almost an incest situation, which is gross. And the characters from the cult arc are not interesting enough for me to judge them.

The pace of the show is very fast-paced. It didn’t drag on very long, which is good. And the suspense factor of the show is great. The humor makes this show interesting. Because while it’s still a serious show, the show tries not to take itself too seriously.

Now for the finale, it’s just like I experienced watching the first season finale. "What is going on next?" I didn’t have a clue at all that time, so I didn’t get a clue at all again, especially with the male clone storyline that I hope it would be executed well next season.

And no review of Orphan Black is complete without praising Tatiana Maslany’s performance as her clones. It’s like she is born to play these characters and I always forgot that her characters are played by the same actress. She must have gotten a better salary than most of her castmates. lol. And for the love of God, give her a goddamn Emmy, or at least an nomination this year. I was really mad that she was snubbed last year. To play such many characters on one show is a big dedication and commitment and she pulled it off perfectly.

While I feel like the sophomore season is inferior to its debut season, the character development, the pacing and the performance of Tatiana Maslany made this season of Orphan Black, an enjoyable experience.
  5. May 28, 2014
    Season 1 was incredible and Season 2 has been even better. I could go on and on about how good Maslany is, how unique and innovative the plot is and how great this show is, but the only way you'll get an accurate picture is to watch it yourself. This is one of the best shows on Television.
  6. Oct 1, 2014
    Incredibly good acting and story, it really is interesting to see the same person play four of themselves..especially in the same room. The wait for season 3 is on.
  7. Aug 3, 2014
    I don't understand why Tatiana Maslany has not received an Emmy nod yet! Just give her all the awards she deserves. She's so f*ckin good!!! Love Orphan Black.
  8. Jul 30, 2014
    The show can keep up its suspense while moving forward, telling its story and, piece by piece, sharing its secrets with us and keeping enough to itself.
    I, for one, am hooked to it and I'm awaiting every new episode.
    However, sometimes I'm not sure, whether the writers know where they are going.
    I hope, the story won't go down the drain, leaving us with a 'Lost'-style ending.
  9. May 10, 2014
    I've only seen about three episodes of season two so far, but I'm afraid to say that it's not as interesting or as fun as the first season was. I'm getting a little tired of the doctor leaky clone patent people and the religious zealots. Let's get this series back to the quirky fun differences between the clones. We also need a hell of a lot more of Felix. I'm not sure if they have a newI've only seen about three episodes of season two so far, but I'm afraid to say that it's not as interesting or as fun as the first season was. I'm getting a little tired of the doctor leaky clone patent people and the religious zealots. Let's get this series back to the quirky fun differences between the clones. We also need a hell of a lot more of Felix. I'm not sure if they have a new show runner, but what's great about this series has always been the fact that you have sci-fi and a very light hearted nature that makes it palatable to the non-sci-fi viewer. I hope they bear that in mind as they get into the meat of this second season. Collapse
  10. Apr 27, 2014
    There hasn't been a bad episode yet. This show has so many levels, and it just continues to expand as it goes. From the basic action thrill, to the nuanced characters, to the social themes, to the huge ass plot twists and the general atmosphere - there isn't a thing a single thing I would change. Well... maybe give Paul a personality.
  11. Jun 23, 2014
    This season was an improvement from season one. I still hesitate to call it a great show, but Maslany is a great actress and deserves recognition. The plot isn't incoherent, but it does tend to jumble from time to time. It's still interesting, but I can't call it a great show. That said, the reveal at the end made it fully worth it and I wouldn't be surprised if the end reveal leads toThis season was an improvement from season one. I still hesitate to call it a great show, but Maslany is a great actress and deserves recognition. The plot isn't incoherent, but it does tend to jumble from time to time. It's still interesting, but I can't call it a great show. That said, the reveal at the end made it fully worth it and I wouldn't be surprised if the end reveal leads to a season 3 that brings the show from very good to great. Expand
  12. Jun 22, 2014
    I enjoyed the first half of this season, but not the second half. The plot twists have gotten bland, and so has the story itself. This show doesn't leave me at the edge of my seat like it used to, and I'm uncertain if I'm even going to watch season 3.
  13. Jul 1, 2014
    Hard to fault for entertainment value. Loads of poor continuity and general silliness, but this doesn't really detract - more humour in season 2. A gazillion times better than Fargo.
  14. Jul 25, 2014
    Flat out, bar none, best show on television.
    One girl, playing all these characters, blows.my.mind. Sestre. SO good.
    I want to know more. This show keeps you on the edge of your seat, unlike other shows, where you can peg "who poisoned joffrey's wine" you WILL NEVER know who is behind what and where the next twist is coming from in this. It should be renamed to Orphan "M Night
    Flat out, bar none, best show on television.
    One girl, playing all these characters, blows.my.mind. Sestre. SO good.
    I want to know more.

It should be renamed to Orphan "M Night Shamalyan" Black.

Tatiana is incredible.
    Felix is incredible.
    The reveal at the end of ONLY SEASON TWO! Incredible.

They could have spent seasons alone on the religious nuts or on the neolutionists, but I am quite content with a fast paced sci fi.

Anyone rating this below a 9.9 is brainwashed and has no clue what good syfi television should have. Please, stick to one tree hill -
  15. Aug 29, 2014
    This show is my guilty pleasure, when im not watching it, all i can do is think about it. I cannot wait for the 3rd season to start! I recommend this show to everyone i know. I remember when i first started watching it, the first couple of episodes i was like ehhhhh maybeeeee, then i fell in love haha.

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Apr 22, 2014
    Individual scenes are terrific, but a few plotlines strain credulity. If it weren’t for Tatiana Maslany, the show’s star, Orphan Black would be just a likable-enough thriller, with Toronto local color--enough to recommend it to a Canadaphilic sci-fi buff like me, but maybe not to you.
  2. Reviewed by: Tirdad Derakhshani
    Apr 21, 2014
    Brilliantly written and photographed, it's as thrilling, exciting and groundbreaking as The X-Files was in its era.
  3. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Apr 21, 2014
    Weird and jagged, inventive and energetic, Orphan Black is a small blessing. While Hollywood is busy cloning, this show about clones is a singular pleasure.