• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2010
7.3

1. May 21, 2014
    This show starts off a bit racist and ignorant, but it is intentional. Stick with it and you will have a story of a man assimilating into Indian culture and you may learn some things of India yourself. The cast is lovable and charming. Just stick with the show past the first few episodes and you will be glad you did.
  2. Jun 6, 2012
    Just incredible fun. It´s a pity that an awesome show like that were cancelled for the wrong reasons. I can't understand why someone could say it's racist, is just inocent humor. Thanks God for the internet.
  3. Dec 7, 2011
    I was not expecting much from this show. I just started watching it on Hulu and boy has it surprised me. Now I am going to finish Season 1 in less than 4 days. I can't stop watching it. The characters are so likeable and yes, there are many many Indian and American cliches and jokes, but are they offensive? Only if you think saying "Oh God" or "Jesus Christ" is offensive to theI was not expecting much from this show. I just started watching it on Hulu and boy has it surprised me. Now I am going to finish Season 1 in less than 4 days. I can't stop watching it. The characters are so likeable and yes, there are many many Indian and American cliches and jokes, but are they offensive? Only if you think saying "Oh God" or "Jesus Christ" is offensive to the Church. People need to know that some things and cultures that other countries have are funny to Americans, and many things Americans do are funny to people from other countries. Really? We celebrate Thanksgiving? We celebrate a day where the American Indians gave food and shelter to the Pilgrims only to have them slaughtered and have their land taken? Or how about that instead of using a Bidet, we smear poop on our butts with a piece a paper and call it a day? I mean sorry, but to other countries, this is funny. So if there is something funny about certain cultures, and it is displayed for viewing, lets view it as an education. It's a fun way to learn about many things in India and actually be sensitive to their cultures in real life. I mean the Rush Hour movies were not insulting to the Chinese was it? Was My Big Fat Greek Wedding insulting to Greeks? Was The Birdcage insulting to Gays? How about Coming to America? Was that insulting to Africans? No, it's just comedy and satire people. Relax and enjoy the show. Expand
  4. Oct 4, 2011
    I don't think it is racist. If someone thought it I think they didn't understand it.
    They've used (very well) the cultural difference to create many funny situations. The characters Gupta and Charlie are the best of it. In reality I can't get enough of it!!
  5. Aug 26, 2011
    The first India culture based sitcom so far for me... The characters: very funny, with some remarkable hits on laughmeter... The general plot and dialogs: well constructed, funny and very human.

Its very funny for me, and despite all the bad critics here and there, i liked it a lot. Aside to entertain me, it did a great deal on make me closer to the indian culture, that I think that is amazing.

Can´t understand why Chuck and not this one goes to a second season....
  6. Jun 22, 2011
    I love this show. The characters are incredibly well done and the atmosphere of the show is captivating.
    The only downside is that the episodes are only 20 minutes; I want more!
  7. Jun 18, 2011
    At first I absolutely loathed this show. The first half of the season was incredibly racist and stereotypical, and the second half was pretty good. The first half felt lazy, and the second half actually started character development. Gupta is an absolutely horrible character, contrary to what many people are saying. I would give the first half of the season a 2, and the second half a 6, soAt first I absolutely loathed this show. The first half of the season was incredibly racist and stereotypical, and the second half was pretty good. The first half felt lazy, and the second half actually started character development. Gupta is an absolutely horrible character, contrary to what many people are saying. I would give the first half of the season a 2, and the second half a 6, so my review evens out at a 4. The show would be a lot better next season, had it not been canceled. It's not near as good as 30 Rock, The Office, or Parks and Recreation, and is only a little worse then Community. If you like the rest of NBC's shows, give it a shot, otherwise, it is passable. Expand
  8. May 23, 2011
    I feel like this is a case where the opinions of the people matter more than those of the critics. There's not much to be done for those who think the show is not funny, but as far as being racist, those claims where made by a bunch of white people. A lot of the actual Indian people who watched the show found it to be funny, and were proud to have their race represented in a sitcom. II feel like this is a case where the opinions of the people matter more than those of the critics. There's not much to be done for those who think the show is not funny, but as far as being racist, those claims where made by a bunch of white people. A lot of the actual Indian people who watched the show found it to be funny, and were proud to have their race represented in a sitcom. I don't usually sitcoms, but i loved Outsourced for being fresh and different. I hope it gets picked up by another network that gives it a chance, I think more people would feel the same. Expand
  9. May 6, 2011
    This show is truly hilarious, in my opinion! The season kept getting better and better; sure, some episodes were funnier than others - however, it's a unique and witty show overall, a nice change to the reality shows and other crap that is out there now.
  10. May 1, 2011
    I absolutely love this show! Charlie is hilarious and the funnist character on TV right now. I sure hope this is renewed for a second season as it has gotten stronger as the season progressed and has no much more potential.
  11. Apr 25, 2011
    I have a mixed feeling about this show. Coming from an outsourcing background, there is a wide range of potential laughs coming from outsourcing experiences which are not properly depicted in this show. It does show the cultural differences in a funny manner - these were "safe jokes" though. In addition, there were not enough emphasis on points which would have been funnier, such as theI have a mixed feeling about this show. Coming from an outsourcing background, there is a wide range of potential laughs coming from outsourcing experiences which are not properly depicted in this show. It does show the cultural differences in a funny manner - these were "safe jokes" though. In addition, there were not enough emphasis on points which would have been funnier, such as the bobble head thing or the train ride where Todd actually slapped his face at someone's arm pits? There was not enough emphasis or dramatic flair - it was as if it just passed by, but in reality it would have been a lot funnier. What happens when you have used up all the Indian versus American culture? What happens then? Regardless, it does depict Indian Culture and how the rest of the world is unfamiliar with it - in a charming way. Expand
  12. Mar 24, 2011
    I can't get enough of this show. Seriously, I can't get enough of this show. To reiterate, I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THIS SHOW. Everyone in my office talk about it. My roommates all watch it. EVERYONE EVERYWHERE watches it. To the pro critics that gave this show poor reviews: I'm sorry that the ending of Lost was disappointing and Heroes sucks now, but you don't need to take it out byI can't get enough of this show. Seriously, I can't get enough of this show. To reiterate, I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THIS SHOW. Everyone in my office talk about it. My roommates all watch it. EVERYONE EVERYWHERE watches it. To the pro critics that gave this show poor reviews: I'm sorry that the ending of Lost was disappointing and Heroes sucks now, but you don't need to take it out by giving bogus poor reviews to an AWESOME show. To the amateur "user critics" that give this show poor reviews: I bet my TiVo that you don't even own a television.

I LOVE THIS SHOW.
  13. Mar 17, 2011
    For me, this show started out with promise. But now It has developed beyond what I could have ever imagined. So funny, likable characters, and fine story's. Keep it up!
  14. Feb 24, 2011
    Pleasant enough. I can't say I would miss it if it went off the air and yet it would be a shame. I think it may just take a bit longer for it to be followed. It isn't laugh out loud or even a chuckle, just a nice show. And what is so wrong with that?
  15. Feb 17, 2011
    This show is definently one of NBC's funniest they may say everyone like's 30 rock and alot of their other crap but everyone I know does the same thing on thursday nights they watch The big bang theory and the rules of engagment because you can watch community on NBC.com later if you want to since CBS makes it hard to watch their shows online then they watch whatever episode of conan oThis show is definently one of NBC's funniest they may say everyone like's 30 rock and alot of their other crap but everyone I know does the same thing on thursday nights they watch The big bang theory and the rules of engagment because you can watch community on NBC.com later if you want to since CBS makes it hard to watch their shows online then they watch whatever episode of conan o brian they missed until Parks and reac,the office and outsourced come on it's clever and doesn't make the "white guy" the main character amongst foreigners plus that Madhri chick is hot. These networks may say they like competition but they know when they are forcing you to watch crap they are all owned by the same company anyway so cancel 30 rock,how I met your mother and similar dramatic crap I like alec baldwin but this show just sucks and tracy morgan is way funnier on scare tactics. Expand
  16. Jan 29, 2011
    This is a perfect example of why critics are out of touch. Outsourced is a funny take on a very modern situation, and following the traditional sitcom approach. This show is everything that it portends to do. The characters are very funny and likeable. This said, it does have a pilot-esque feel for the first season, but there's been good character development, good jokes, decent stories,This is a perfect example of why critics are out of touch. Outsourced is a funny take on a very modern situation, and following the traditional sitcom approach. This show is everything that it portends to do. The characters are very funny and likeable. This said, it does have a pilot-esque feel for the first season, but there's been good character development, good jokes, decent stories, and I see this show getting only better and funnier as the writers develop. I'd write more about how much potential this show has, but my wife is forcing me to get off the computer. She's a fan of the show, too. Expand
  17. Jan 20, 2011
    The plot of this show is awful, and the acting is worse. I created a metacritic account just to come here and voice my opinion about how bad I think this show is. I'm a huge fan of most of NBC's Thursday night lineup. It's actually my favorite T.V. night. I could not be more thankful they brought back Parks & Rec - that is a great show. 30 Rock and The Office are outstanding. ButThe plot of this show is awful, and the acting is worse. I created a metacritic account just to come here and voice my opinion about how bad I think this show is. I'm a huge fan of most of NBC's Thursday night lineup. It's actually my favorite T.V. night. I could not be more thankful they brought back Parks & Rec - that is a great show. 30 Rock and The Office are outstanding. But Outsourced is absolutely ruining it. The jokes are bad, and I've seen better acting in middle school plays. NBC, if you replace this trash with another great comedy, you will have a Thursday comedy night made of gold.

That is all.
  18. Dec 6, 2010
    The only show I watch religiously on TV. The characters are the most unique on television and the actors that portray them are quite adept at bringing them to life. The humor is not so far out there like the "The Office" so that it keeps the show grounded despite an exotic locale and cast which may alienate most of middle America. As someone who used to be an expat, I can relate toThe only show I watch religiously on TV. The characters are the most unique on television and the actors that portray them are quite adept at bringing them to life. The humor is not so far out there like the "The Office" so that it keeps the show grounded despite an exotic locale and cast which may alienate most of middle America. As someone who used to be an expat, I can relate to Todd's character. I love the mashup of cultures with most of the jokes being (and rightfully so) done at the expense of the U.S. culture which from an outside perspective can be mined forever. Now for a show about the US and Chinese cultures..... how about a Chinese company buying out an American company and replacing managment with Chinese??? Expand
  19. Dec 3, 2010
    I love the thursday nbc line up 8:30 is my favorite show of all time 30 rock, The office at 9:00 which is my 2nd favorite show. and now my new 3rd favorite show is Outsourced at 930. its pretty clever in incorporating american and indian traditions clashing and making awkwardly funny situations without making Americans or indians look stupid! its also funnY!
  20. Nov 28, 2010
    This is an absolutely great show. I knew nothing about India. Yeah, I know it is a comedy but it caused me to go out and try pan! Terrible stuff. I still hate Indian food but love the Indians. Anyways I look forward to watching it every week. It is a sleeper and NBC was right to give it a second season. I am right about such things.
  21. Nov 20, 2010
    I was looking forward to this show, but its been a major dissapointment full of phony and lame jokes. The main actors of the show cant act and have no chemistry such as Todd, Asha, Charlie, its painful watching them as they try so hard and fail so miserably. The whole show has something missing, its just superficial and full of cliches. I dont think its racist, but I am annoyed with theI was looking forward to this show, but its been a major dissapointment full of phony and lame jokes. The main actors of the show cant act and have no chemistry such as Todd, Asha, Charlie, its painful watching them as they try so hard and fail so miserably. The whole show has something missing, its just superficial and full of cliches. I dont think its racist, but I am annoyed with the ridiculous Todd-Asha love plot, first they have no chemistry, and second it displays typical American iggnorance towards cultural sensitive topics. Maybe arranged marriages are not accepted by Americans, but there is no need to preach our values to everyone else. Past that major blunder, the show doesnt deliver or entertain, it seems to be lacking direction, a good cast, and real clever humor. Perhaps its biggest default is the casting, surprisingly its not the Indian, but the American picked cast that seem to really lack the ability to carry the show forward. I tried to watch it thinking the show would get better, but after the last episode I dont think I can handle anymore. Worst show I have seen on television this season. Expand
  22. Nov 19, 2010
    I watch it because it's on after the office and before the apprentice. Everyone in Outsourced is unlikable except for Gupta. Horrible script, no laughs.
  23. Nov 15, 2010
    This show trys to hard to be funny. I couldn't bring myself to watch this show after 15 minutes. I couldn't deal with the fact that it's racist, and also like another show from 2007...
  24. Nov 8, 2010
    I decided to give this show a try despite my gut instinct to do otherwise. My preconception was that Outsourced would be stereotypical of Indian culture while taking sharp digs at American culture. Neither of those are true. It's a light-hearted comedy, with some likable characters, all of which have flaws - but mostly, it's a comedy with some drama strewn in there to promote romanticI decided to give this show a try despite my gut instinct to do otherwise. My preconception was that Outsourced would be stereotypical of Indian culture while taking sharp digs at American culture. Neither of those are true. It's a light-hearted comedy, with some likable characters, all of which have flaws - but mostly, it's a comedy with some drama strewn in there to promote romantic tension. Typical, but it's still highly adorable and well acted for the most part. I'd say watch the first 2-3 episodes and you'll be delighted by the colorful cast and setting. By far, this is not a thinking person's comedy, but it's at least comparable to a show such as The Office. Try it out, you might like it! Expand
  25. Nov 7, 2010
    Another disappointing attempt at entertainment by nbc. Outsourced has a few funny lines here and there but is mostly just a bunch of cheap, lazy, racist jokes. This show has a lot of potential that its just not living up to.
  26. Oct 29, 2010
    I was definitely on the fence about this show after the first two episodes. The jokes seemed forced and the flat, but actually as the season has progressed the character development has been outstanding and I love how it portrays the effects of the culture clash, especially in the relationship between Todd/Asha. I laugh out loud in every episode and there have been no dull moments in theI was definitely on the fence about this show after the first two episodes. The jokes seemed forced and the flat, but actually as the season has progressed the character development has been outstanding and I love how it portrays the effects of the culture clash, especially in the relationship between Todd/Asha. I laugh out loud in every episode and there have been no dull moments in the past threeepisodes (6 episodes have now aired). Looking forward to seeing more..if a fan of comedy don't miss this! Expand
  27. Oct 22, 2010
    I found the show to be cute and funny. I can't watch shows like the Office because of the cringe factor, but I don't have that problem with this show. Rebecca Hazlewood alone makes the show worth watching.
  28. Oct 22, 2010
    This is a terrible show. It takes an idea that could have been great and makes it difficult to watch. The acting is over done and the jokes are lame. Overall the show is horrible.
  29. Oct 21, 2010
    With all the mediocre critic reviews, I wasn't expecting a lot from Outsourced. For a first season, it's blown me away with its character and laughs. Ignore the reviews that say it's being racist because almost all Indian jokes are actually poking fun at the ignorance of the non-Indian characters and elevating different ideas in Indian culture. I'd like to see Rappaport and the girl whoWith all the mediocre critic reviews, I wasn't expecting a lot from Outsourced. For a first season, it's blown me away with its character and laughs. Ignore the reviews that say it's being racist because almost all Indian jokes are actually poking fun at the ignorance of the non-Indian characters and elevating different ideas in Indian culture. I'd like to see Rappaport and the girl who plays Asha to step up their game because the supporting cast is really carrying the show at the moment. If you like the Office, you'll love Outsourced. Expand
  30. Oct 14, 2010
    Good writing, excellent character interactionâ
  31. Oct 8, 2010
    I didn't know what to expect when I started watching the show, but what I got was awesome. I thought it was funny and i couldn't wait to watch next week.
  32. Oct 5, 2010
    Once the show gets going it turns into a really funny show that fits right in with Community and 30 Rock. The jokes are funny and the cast is lovable. Outsourced is with out a doubt the best new sitcom this fall.
  33. Dai
    Oct 4, 2010
    What matters isn't whether or not the show skirts the line in terms of cultural insensitivity (which it arguably does) but whether it's funny or not, and it isn't. The jokes wouldn't seem at all insensitive if they were any good, but they're not; they're incredibly cheap and lazy and way too far apart. Some of the cast makes a good effort - particularly Rizwan Manji as the conniving RajiivWhat matters isn't whether or not the show skirts the line in terms of cultural insensitivity (which it arguably does) but whether it's funny or not, and it isn't. The jokes wouldn't seem at all insensitive if they were any good, but they're not; they're incredibly cheap and lazy and way too far apart. Some of the cast makes a good effort - particularly Rizwan Manji as the conniving Rajiiv - but most of them are held back by the fact that the jokes they're delivering are consistently really weak. In many cases the pilot simply throws away opportunities for humor; if you're going to call attention to the fact that a character's name sounds like "man meat", you should at least get a joke out of it. A few of the characters get the same joke over and over again - in some cases, such as the older man who storms out every time Rappaport's Todd Dempsey says something offensive, it works; in other cases, such as the call center worker who never speaks above a whisper, the joke is almost painfully unfunny.

I feel as though the show does have some potential; it could be an interesting and humorous examination of culture shock instead of something that lazily marches from stereotype to stereotype without saying anything particularly interesting or funny. ("Look, it's a sacred cow!" - "Indian food can do a number on your digestion!" - "Sikhs wear head coverings!") Ultimately, though, what matters is whether or not the show is funny. And it's not. The jokes, when they show up, are almost uniformly lame. The show could -use- a more sophisticated eye with regards to how it handles jokes about different cultures, but what it really -needs- is simply much better writing.
  34. Oct 2, 2010
    The best part of this show is how it reveals how oversensitive some critics are to racism. This show is not racist, nor borderline racist. It makes fun of stereotypes, sure, but stereotypical portrayal of cultures does not make a show racist.
  35. Oct 1, 2010
    "Outsourced" is easily the best new show of the season! The writing is witty and crisp and shows a tremendous amount of promise. Culture clashes are always funny and this one is no exception. Anyone who believes that there is any racism involved needs to reexamine their definitions. Race is NOT culture and culture is NOT race! Nor is the comedy in this show in the least bit racially"Outsourced" is easily the best new show of the season! The writing is witty and crisp and shows a tremendous amount of promise. Culture clashes are always funny and this one is no exception. Anyone who believes that there is any racism involved needs to reexamine their definitions. Race is NOT culture and culture is NOT race! Nor is the comedy in this show in the least bit racially demeaning to ANY singular group of people! In fact, half of the comedic elements of the show deal with the absurdities of American "culture" as opposed to those of Indian culture! But aside from all of the PC concerns run amok, the show itself is quite enjoyable and has the strongest single group of characters of any show I have seen since Seinfeld. Expand
  36. Oct 1, 2010
    Pilot was ok, didn't seem that funny. The second episode was hilarious though, I don't find it offensive or racist at all. There are a lot of American shows out there that focus on the cliches and the same thing is done here but just geared towards the Indians, I don't find anything wrong in that.
  37. Oct 1, 2010
    Pretty funny, but the show isn't living up to its potential. I hope that later episodes take a few more risks and get more real in terms of the cultural commentary. They're either being lazy, trying to play it safe, or just aren't clever enough to really capitalize on the novel concept and great cast they've got.
  38. Sep 30, 2010
    This show is God-awful. I hated it. It wasn't funny AT ALL. I didn't laugh once. It's just stupid and racist. It was just about picking out the easiest things about Indian culture to make fun of. So stupid. I want Parks and Rec back.
  39. Sep 28, 2010
    NBC tries some experimentation as they try to recreate an Independent comedrama from a couple years back. The original film was sweet and charming, but was not necessarily an extremely funny film. This series has the same premise of the film, being an American working with a group of telemarketing Indians, but the elements of the television show are totally opposing. There is a lack ofNBC tries some experimentation as they try to recreate an Independent comedrama from a couple years back. The original film was sweet and charming, but was not necessarily an extremely funny film. This series has the same premise of the film, being an American working with a group of telemarketing Indians, but the elements of the television show are totally opposing. There is a lack of charm in the television show, but it can be very funny. While the humor is something that you might be hesitant to laugh at, the show is entertaining. Even though Outsourced (The TV Show) has a lot of appeal to it, I think its touchy subject will affect the shows longevity. But while it is still on, I will be sure to check it out as soon as The Office ends. Expand
  40. Sep 27, 2010
    The first episode was not exactly pants-splittingly funny and Indian (and American) stereotypes were bordering on insultingly lazy, but the cast is likable and when the writers get the holy cows and the arranged marriages out of the way, it might be a low-caste-man's "Parks and Recreation". Or it can become a prolonged insult to India (and America). Let's hope for the former.
  41. Sep 24, 2010
    If anything the pilot showed that the series has a lot of potential. It seemed too much like basic set-up which is fine. But it did show the series can touch on plenty of different subjects that can be both hilarious and touching. Culture clash, learning about each other's cultures, the underdog, romance... it is all there waiting to be touched upon. I'm definitely looking forward toIf anything the pilot showed that the series has a lot of potential. It seemed too much like basic set-up which is fine. But it did show the series can touch on plenty of different subjects that can be both hilarious and touching. Culture clash, learning about each other's cultures, the underdog, romance... it is all there waiting to be touched upon. I'm definitely looking forward to future episodes, hoping to see that potential realized. The other NBC comedies didn't hit it out of the park at first either, and look at them now. I think Outsourced deserves just as much of a chance as they got. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Fortunately, Rappaport is a fairly effective Everyman, and the wince-inducing aspects of the premise quickly fade into standard workplace comedy deriving a twist from its location.
  2. The humor is crude and risque and often at the expense of Indian culture. I could have lived without the defecation jokes. To be fair, the writers don't give America a pass.
    Maybe the cast of this sitcom will come together with some "Community"-level chemistry. Right now, it's just awkward and borderline offensive.