Partners (2012) : Season 1

• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 24, 2012
5.3

1. Sep 26, 2012
    I only gave this show a rating of 2 because I liked David Krumholtz in Numb3rs and 10 Things I Hate About You. The show is almost indescribably due to the horrible acting by the rest of the actors. Michael Urie's character is just too gay and not in a funny way. He is rather annoying to say the least. What has happened to Brandon Routh, how far must an actor fall from grace? Superman toI only gave this show a rating of 2 because I liked David Krumholtz in Numb3rs and 10 Things I Hate About You. The show is almost indescribably due to the horrible acting by the rest of the actors. Michael Urie's character is just too gay and not in a funny way. He is rather annoying to say the least. What has happened to Brandon Routh, how far must an actor fall from grace? Superman to Chuck and not this! I kinda feel sorry for him. Expand
  2. Oct 6, 2012
    First of all, I really like David Krumholtz, that's why I checked out the show in the first place, but I barely managed to make it through one and a half episodes of it. To make it short: This is one unfunny show. I didn't laugh once.
    There is one question that's bothering me: Who green-lit this? It's just mind boggling.
    Krumholtz may be a good actor but he's no comedian, so why cast him
    Krumholtz may be a good actor but he's no comedian, so why cast him for a lead role in a sitcom?
    Michael Urie is doing a pretty stereotyped and slightly annoying version of a gay guy and his attempts at making his character "flamboyant" mostly look like overacting.
    At least the laugh track is not too terrible but most of the times I heard the laughter I asked myself who would find those lines funny?
    The other characters in the show are forgettable. And we know that Krumholtz's character is engaged to a woman he doesn't love. He even wanted to break up with her but got weak and actually proposed (!!) to her instead. That's one depressing setup for a sitcom.
    Don't waste your time on this show, it's going to be cancelled anyway. Why Krumholtz took that role escapes me. If it's just because of the paycheck, I wonder what he blows all his money for.

1. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Sep 28, 2012
    The creators can be held responsible for enlarging the quantity of execrably written works on this theme [gay-themed sitcoms].
  2. Reviewed by: Lori Rackl
    Sep 25, 2012
    I expect more from the creators of "Will & Grace" than this lackluster comedy.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Sep 25, 2012
    Partners plays like an idea written on a napkin, if that, and looks like it's from another era (a long past era, if that wasn't clear).