• Network: Starz
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 20, 2009
Season #: 1, 2
8.6

1. Jan 29, 2012
    This show has very intricate and intriguing story of the week that doesn't focus on the main characters. The stories that do are just bad but I have to admit not too bad the thing I can't get over is how bumbling, self-centered, and whiny these characters are. I can't believe the creators of this show expect us to feel sorry for these people for not making it in the media. These people areThis show has very intricate and intriguing story of the week that doesn't focus on the main characters. The stories that do are just bad but I have to admit not too bad the thing I can't get over is how bumbling, self-centered, and whiny these characters are. I can't believe the creators of this show expect us to feel sorry for these people for not making it in the media. These people are good looking and one is even Jewish and they expect us to believe these people have it really tough gaining success in the media and if they do then boo hoo hoo who gives a **** there are plenty of people who have it tougher than these people from minority races, to elderly people, to gay people, and average looking people. I can't give a bleeding **** for these whiny losers who cry over the fact they didn't make it there are thousands of people who don't make it my advice is get over it!!! This show if it wants to stop being mediocre and start being great should focus less on the main characters I didn't become famous sob story to the great comedic storylines each week that comes due to the catering business these people work for. If it wasn't for Ken Marino's character Ron Donald for being the everyman that just wants to make something of themselves and the acting of not just Ken Marino but also Adam Scott, Jane Lynch, and Jennifer Coolidge I would've never even given this show a 5. Although Adam's acting is GREAT his character's story is just plain bad. But I have to say the truly horrible part of this show is the acting of Lizzy Caplan and Martin Starr and their characters along with Ryan Hansen's character. Although for Ryan Hansen I have to say his acting wasn't bad thou he wasn't bad but he wasn't good either he was just mediocre in this but when it comes to Veronica Mars he was PLAIN AWESOME!!! and in Friends with Benefits he's also surprisingly Fantastic!!! I now in one final say I **** HATE LIZZY CAPLAN AND HER CHARACTER PLUS MARTIN STARR'S CHARACTER SHOULD JUST **** STICK A SOCK IN IT OR I'LL PUNCH THE **** OUT OF HIM!!!â Expand
  2. gracea
    May 8, 2009
    Great writing, smart and funny, and a good, solid premise. A few of the actors could scale it back a bit, but a nice ensemble.
  3. AusT
    Oct 27, 2009
    Smart, quirky, and funny. Way better than most of what's out there. Recommend.
  4. RobertF.
    Apr 10, 2009
    Loving it!
  5. beth
    Jun 15, 2009
    I LOVE this show!!!!!! Amazing cast, great premise w/ so much potential, and writing that genuinely makes me laugh from the gut. I don't understand what the critics are missing? There is so much dreck out in the world that gets applauded, but a show with wit, edge, and interesting characters gets overlooked or dismissed. I used to work the catering industry and believe me when I say I LOVE this show!!!!!! Amazing cast, great premise w/ so much potential, and writing that genuinely makes me laugh from the gut. I don't understand what the critics are missing? There is so much dreck out in the world that gets applauded, but a show with wit, edge, and interesting characters gets overlooked or dismissed. I used to work the catering industry and believe me when I say that this is not far fetched. I have known these people and specifically Henry. I hope it finds an audience and sticks around. I'd be sad to see it get canceled so soon. Expand
  6. Oct 17, 2010
    A solid season with great turns from Jane Lynch, Adam Scott, and Lizzy Caplan, but the show suffered a little from clear budgetary restraints and inconsistency, making it simply a very good comedy, not a great one.
  7. Mar 11, 2011
    I absolutely love Party Down. This show is so hilarious and I love the cast. The cast has great chemistry and are likable and fun. This show always keeps me laughing.
  8. Jun 29, 2011
    Excellent overlooked comedy series that should have been more successful. Witty, dry humor, and great actors. Not for everyone though, lots of mature content.
    "Are we having fun yet?"
  9. Aug 1, 2011
    Love this show. Straddles the line between absurdism and reality pretty well, although the focal romance is more than a bit cliche, as well as unnecessary in my opinion. Too often Ron is swapped from being human to strictly a caricature, with mixed results, but all the other characters stay just grounded enough to be believable. Excellent cast and cameos, and think the venues were allLove this show. Straddles the line between absurdism and reality pretty well, although the focal romance is more than a bit cliche, as well as unnecessary in my opinion. Too often Ron is swapped from being human to strictly a caricature, with mixed results, but all the other characters stay just grounded enough to be believable. Excellent cast and cameos, and think the venues were all quite interesting. Expand
  10. Jan 19, 2012
    I seem to have a 'thing' for cancelled comedies and it astounds me that some managed to pass me by - thankfully I took a gamble on a recommendation from a site that said 'if you like this, you'll probably like this'. Two perfect seasons.
  11. Jan 23, 2012
    Fantastic, unusual characters played hilariously by a great cast. The show seems is a bit unsure of itself in the beginning, but the season closes strong and sets up the second season well.
  12. Mar 22, 2013
    An overlooked comedy. Too quirky and too unafraid of showing adult content to be a mainstream hit, it has established a cult following with its spectacular cast, cool premise, and creative writing. 8.3/10
  13. May 11, 2015
    Really funny show, this one. Adam Scott and Ken Marino lead the charge in this highly original comedy. Some terrific performances from Ryan Hansen, Martin Starr and Lizzy Caplan (almost the entire cast there!) really make this a cult hit.
  14. Jan 1, 2015
    An interesting yet awkward blend of good characters and cheap humor; potential rests in the main protagonists' interactions with their weekly scenarios, which provide interesting commentary, as well as back story. The show's attempts at laughter, with a few exceptions, weigh it down, however. In a sense, a lower Big Bang Theory of imaginative misfits.

All of the characters are misfits, and the pleasure of Party Down is watching the actors riff off one another as they go to extremes.
    There is bitterness aplenty, but Party Down didn’t create these characters simply to mock them. There is also bittersweet sadness lurking behind these droll, incisive portraits of failure and self-deception.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew Wallenstein
    Lurking behind the surface of this raucous comedy is an astute meditation on the promise and peril of leading an unconventional life, something about which aspiring actors know a thing or two.