• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 24, 2013
  • Season #: 1
5.1

1. Apr 2, 2013
    Nothing about this film pops out. It seems like any other HBO show. Sure it features big names but they give dull performances rarely even shaping a character. The story is plain and would have been the same difference as a documentary.
  2. Mar 25, 2013
    Regardless of what people may say about this poorly researched movie or what they may say about Al Pacino, he nailed my father in his acting. But, as an author of another article stated regarding the movie as a whole "What's the point?". I certainly was not entertained by a movie that used misinformation to prove reasonable doubt. This movie was not only disrespectful to Lana ClarksonRegardless of what people may say about this poorly researched movie or what they may say about Al Pacino, he nailed my father in his acting. But, as an author of another article stated regarding the movie as a whole "What's the point?". I certainly was not entertained by a movie that used misinformation to prove reasonable doubt. This movie was not only disrespectful to Lana Clarkson (whom I never met), it mischaracterized George C. Brand (the "bodyguard" that Al Pacino took the gun from in the studio). George (was my guardian and like a father to me and my brothers), would never have allowed my father to take his gun, especially since my father would have had his own.

This movie was very disrespectful to even the Spector family by not at least acknowledging he had a wife (as bad as she was), at the time of the trial, in favor of a story more about LKB than my father.

This movie is definitely NOT worth watching.

1. Reviewed by: Bruce Miller
    May 29, 2013
    Both actors [Al Pacino and Helen Mirren] could thrive with this story (Pacino's a ringer for Spector) but Mamet speculates a bit too much. Had he eliminated the title character entirely, it might have been more intriguing.
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Mar 26, 2013
    Phil Spector is missing dramatic tension. It’s staged as a movie but it’s constructed more like a play, with plenty of scenes of two people exchanging Mametian dialogue in claustrophobic spaces.
  3. Reviewed by: Geoff Berkshire
    Mar 26, 2013
    While it's never as silly or artless as HBO's overpraised "Game Change," Spector is low-stakes, procedure-oriented and deliberately claustrophobic, lacking in the sort of sharply pointed dialogue one may expect from Mamet