• Network: USA
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 15, 2012
  • Season #: 1
7.2

1. Jul 16, 2012
    This has got to be one of the worst mini-series efforts in the history of TV. The writing is absolutely abysmal, and the dialogue is laced with the most gratuitous profanity I've ever witnessed. The ex-prez character who's a transparent parody of Bill Clinton is especially offensive and ludicrous, a buffoon who can't utter a sentence not laden with obscenities. A disaster.
  2. Jul 16, 2012
    This was completely awful. The writing is completely incompetent. They are probably trying to be "edgy" with the sex and vulgar language, but it just comes off as pathetic. It's just a lame soap opera with no depth, insight, or redeeming value. I watch a lot of shows on the USA network, so I thought this would have that same level of quality. It really doesn't. How this got any good reviews at all is a mystery to me. Collapse
  3. Jul 24, 2012
    Horrendous. It was exhausting trying to make it thru one episode. Atrocious writing and bad acting. As much as I'd like to place the blame of Sigourney Weaver's wooden and day time soap worthy acting on the writing, great actors sometimes give noteworthy performances, even when they are handed god awful scripts. The Clintonian President is so off target and comes off as a crude and brainless buffoon. I saw Sigorney pitching this show to John Stewart on The Daily Show and was quite intrigued, and actually looked forward to watching it. Now, I look forward to never having to sit thru another episode of this drek ever again. Expand
  4. Jul 17, 2012
    At one point a character compares the Middle East to IKEA instructions, basically saying: "who knows?". But this was not a person from the street. Instead it was uttered by a staffer in the office of the Secretary of State. You'd have thought someone in that position would have something more insightful to say on the subject...

Political Animals wears everything on its sleeve. The
    writing is shallow and really serves little else than to stimulate some shallow drama. It is riddled with cliches - drug addiction, marital affair, eating disorders and it couldn't help but go for the 'blog vs. newspaper' angle. It's a painfully shallow experience. Expand
  5. Jul 18, 2012
    We are very near the end of civilization as we know it. To think this dreck was greenlighted and that Sigourney Weaver consented to appear in it is mind boggling. My wife and I found ourselves wishing an alien would suddenly pop out of her chest and change the direction of this assault on the intellect and three of the five senses. It was cartoonish, tawdry and lame.

1. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Aug 27, 2012
    Fast-paced, darkly funny and scathingly sharp, Political Animals seamlessly blends family drama with real-world issues, including an early crisis in the Middle East.
  2. Reviewed by: Daniel Goldberg
    Aug 13, 2012
    If you found the parallel universe in Lost perplexing, Political Animals's sheer optimism might leave you utterly baffled. Yet Weaver's grounding performance goes beyond maternal warmth and shrewdness, because Barrish doesn't just see the best in people; she demands it.
  3. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Jul 16, 2012
    Think the Clintons meet "Dallas" in D.C. And that, for six episodes, may be enough.