Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.4

1. Apr 22, 2012
    Having watched Series 1-5, I can say that Primeval is a really gripping show to watch. Rarely predictable, there are many twists and turns in the plot to keep the viewer satisfied. The special effects weren't too good in Series 1, but gradually got better, and Series 3 onwards all keep a satisfying level of visual effects. Hopefully, we'll get a Series 6, because I really want this to continue.
  2. JB
    Sep 7, 2008
    It gets a better as it gets going, and a lot better in series 2. The blond wanders around in her skimpys most of this 1st series (you'll soon see).
  3. Mar 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just watched this for the very first time and I've loved each episode. The Dodo episode (Episode 4) was the best. I'm not usually one for sci-fi monster/dinosaur programs but this is an exception. I love it and can't wait to put the Series 2 discs in my DVD player and see what happens especially after that last episode in series one. Expand
  4. Jun 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I loved the first season of this series as it had something new! It was shown very late on Friday nights on our Belgian TV. I felt that the series was going somewhere --- but then for some reason they thought it would be a wonderful idea to start kill off main characters for the 'kick' - thought good writers could keep it interesting without having to kill their own characters --- my favourite character Capt. Ryan got killed and I really didn't want to see more of them getting a 'cliffhanger' send off so I never bothered to watch the other series --- Expand
  5. BrianS
    Oct 6, 2008
    One of the best programs, just keeps getting better and better! The stories are compelling, the mystery is deeppening, and the effects are something you don't usually see in a TV show! Glad I started this one, and can't wait for the new episodes!
  6. Sep 23, 2012
    Season 1 launches the series off strongly, with solid character development and a tidy, well-contained story. Some of the creatures are underwhelming (not even one dinosaur?), and the plot is more linear than the other seasons, but overall it makes for a fast, offbeat, funny, engaging, and all-around epic viewing experience.
  7. Aug 22, 2013
    Primeval has to be my favourite sci-fi TV show of all time. It has funny relatable characters, awesome creatures, a plot that makes sense and an awesome cast. 10 OUT OF 10!!!!

Though it’s kid-friendly, there are things for adults to enjoy. Henshall is a quietly appealing actor, the pace is crackling and the dialogue has its share of witty asides.
  2. Dinosaurs are certainly alive and well in Primeval, a crackling-good new BBC America sci-fi series thriller that's packed with vivid CGI prehistoric predators galore and a story line that's almost plausible.
    With its campy humor, poignant drama and potent scares, Primeval will appeal equally to adults and children.