Prison Break : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Aug 29, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.9

1. Jun 14, 2012
    Watching this series I laugh when scofield laughs,I cry when he cries and all I wanted was to see those brothers happy.The plans they make and the way they execute keeps you on the edge of the seat.
  2. DeannaJ
    Aug 2, 2006
    Best series ever!
  3. NithiF.
    Oct 29, 2008
    Prison break is the BEST TV SHOW THAT HAS EVER COME OUT. I really really really hope they do NOT cancel it as there are rumors that season 4 is the last one!! Whether they are doing what the title says, or looking for Scylla, it is written very well, has a lot of suspense and a great story unfolding. I think it should stay on TV for a long long long time, until Sara and Michael are grandparents!
  4. BrandonC
    Nov 8, 2005
    this is the best new show i have found this fall, or any other time for that matter
  5. timo
    Mar 9, 2007
    very entertaining, lots of characters and an exciting plot maybe not a smart plot but very exciting and for any credible reviewer to give it less than 5 shows that he/she is in the wrong job.
  6. OrenI.
    Aug 3, 2008
    Without a doubt, the best season of any non-comedy T.V. in the history of TV... Every episode keeps you on the edge of your seat. It is the only T.V. show I would go out of my way to watch even though I could just watch them an hour afterwards online. Truly amazing!! The people giving this show a 0 are mad that it has such high ratings that they don't think it deserves. IMO, it Without a doubt, the best season of any non-comedy T.V. in the history of TV... Every episode keeps you on the edge of your seat. It is the only T.V. show I would go out of my way to watch even though I could just watch them an hour afterwards online. Truly amazing!! The people giving this show a 0 are mad that it has such high ratings that they don't think it deserves. IMO, it deserves a 9.8 in total. WATCH IT!! After you see the first 4 episodes and things begin to clear up, you won't regret it. Collapse
  7. ColdHand
    Mar 10, 2006
    Excellent show ! Great plot and incredible suspens. IMHO, people that don't like it ask the wrong question : We don't care IF the escape will succeed (of course it does !). It only matters HOW it will...
  8. JustinS
    Nov 6, 2005
    Every week this show gets better and better, always keeps you guessing on what happens next, and at the end of every episode you just can't wait till next week to see what happens next,"best new show this year".
  9. A.C.
    Nov 20, 2006
    One of the best tv series ever. It has great story and very good actors. I saw first season, and only I can tell you is excellent. The second season will be on TV (in my country) in 2007. I can't wait that long!!! -_-
  10. TimX
    Feb 16, 2007
    Anybody who rated this show below 80 is ignorant and naive.
  11. marshmanm
    Oct 6, 2005
    i likey!
  12. kjhhsgaLFskjnl;sa
    Oct 9, 2005
    This is the best show that came out for along time
  13. Aug 19, 2010
    The Most Awesome TV Show Ever!!!!! A Must watch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Oct 5, 2013
    Bought this s1 of Prison Break for my boyfriend and ended up getting totally hooked and rushing out to buy all remaining seasons. We tried to limit ourselves to just one Ep a night, but that proved almost impossible.

The story is complex, but not that hard to follow, love the characters and there is some superb acting by Robert Knepper (tbag soooo creepy) and gotta love Wentworth Miller and Sarah Wayne Callies and their chemistry.

Every ep is a cliff hanger, so much so that when we didn't have time to watch the next ep we would at least watch the first 5 mins of the next one, so that the cliff hanger was resolved and we could focus on something else (like sleep).

Only gave a 9 as seasons 3 and 4 aren't as good as the first two. LOVE IT.
  15. Santtu
    Oct 5, 2005
    I love this show...the action is intense. The Atmosphere is a bit dark. No one really knows exactly what´s happening on the background etc. etc. It´s like Oz and 24 put together. And I happen to like the main character..it´s very different from many other series.
  16. FranjoZ
    Nov 6, 2006
    Very good show!!!
  17. rickyo
    Oct 9, 2006
    this show is phenominal
  18. KATHERINEE
    Apr 20, 2007
    this tv series is so good. unpredictable scenes and above all the main character, wentworth miller is so gorgeous aside from being a very good actor in this tv series...
  19. TimB
    May 24, 2007
    Really cool action packed series which will grip you and get you addicted to it. Must have TV.
  20. JamieP.
    Feb 7, 2008
    Absolutely awesome, best TV show out the right now, and it's just getting into it!
  21. C.B.Browne
    Oct 10, 2005
    great idea.. great action... decent acting
  22. ArmindaC
    Nov 3, 2005
    This is the show I have been waiting for!!!!!! Keeps me glues to my sofa.. Hot actors, good story line, what more can you want!!? I like Prison braeak more than I like Lost..
  23. minervaa
    Nov 9, 2005
    This show is the best character driven show I have seen. It is so smart and the entire cast (especially Wentworth Miller) is remarkable. Every episode is like a small puzzle for the audience to figure out. It's also interactive (emails and voicemails)-I haven't seen that in other shows. It makes the fans feel like they're in to michael's plan. This is television at its best.
  24. tina
    Oct 10, 2005
    I love this show! It keeps you guessing and wanting more. It makes you want to keep seeing the show.
  25. McFly
    Oct 20, 2005
    I love this show. Its got great characters, suspense, action, and prison tats. What else could you ask for? Harkens my back to my prison days. Ahhhh good times.
  26. deborahh
    Dec 20, 2005
    my only complaint is why do we have to wait soooo long for the next show? you see im addicted signed prision break lover
  27. GoldieGoldie
    Dec 30, 2005
  28. johnk
    Oct 24, 2005
    Best new show on tv. Not you typical "cookie cutter" drama
  29. BuckW
    Oct 26, 2005
    Prison Break is the best TV show I have seen in about 10 years
  30. ML
    Oct 9, 2005
    This is my new favorite show - sorry "Lost." Yes, it's implausible, but that doesn't bother me at all. It's not supposed to be realistic just like a superhero comic book is not supposed to be realistic. You don't complain about how implausible it is for Superman to fly, you just accept it and enjoy it. The best parts of this show: the top-notch acting (especially This is my new favorite show - sorry "Lost." Yes, it's implausible, but that doesn't bother me at all. It's not supposed to be realistic just like a superhero comic book is not supposed to be realistic. You don't complain about how implausible it is for Superman to fly, you just accept it and enjoy it. The best parts of this show: the top-notch acting (especially Wentworth Miller) and the extremely entertaining and fast-paced plot. "Lost" is still my second-favorite show though. :) Expand
  31. KylieA
    Jan 11, 2006
    Best show my TV. I don't miss an episode.... I'm addicited to it...
  32. IvanB
    Dec 5, 2006
    This is great TV show!I heard that it's true,can anyone tell me more info on that?
  33. mariaa
    Jan 3, 2006
    Without a doubt the best new show. It was actually the only new show that got me hooked since the first episode and I haven't seen a tv show that interesting and well-written since the golden days of ALIAS and LOST.
  34. XiaoieL
    Oct 3, 2006
    This show really RULES:)
  35. gracem
    Oct 6, 2006
    love it,love it,love it!!!!!
  36. lushsight
    Feb 13, 2006
    Great perform and great story!,i'm waiting for the all new episode.
  37. tt
    Mar 1, 2006
    great i love this show!!
  38. DeirdreB
    Mar 20, 2006
    I love this show and do not miss it for anything.
  39. GrahamF
    Apr 14, 2006
    Once you've watched one episode, your hooked
  40. guesteu
    May 15, 2006
    the best tv show ever
  41. JaretK
    May 3, 2006
    Once you suspend disbelief, get ready for a great ride. Miller is doing a great job as the hearthrob-cum-superhero
  42. HarsimranS
    Jun 24, 2006
    the best ever u.s drama made. words can not explain how much i love the show!
  43. Makaveli
    Jun 4, 2006
    Best show on T.V.
  44. monchh
    Jun 6, 2006
    great show i cant wait to see series 3 when it comes out in june next year. go for it.........
  45. HamzahA
    Jun 7, 2006
    wicked
  46. GoldieGoldie
    Aug 6, 2006
  47. JamesJ
    Jan 27, 2007
    Fantastic show,one of the most addictive and entertaining shows on TV.
  48. AndreasW
    Feb 4, 2007
    It's a fantastic show and even overcome LOST on my favourite weekly show.
  49. marcusg
    Mar 5, 2007
    best tv show I've seen.
  50. MarkB
    Apr 22, 2007
    The 65 out of 100 review is bull. This is one of the best shows ever created. The characters are all good and there is alot about it to love. The suspence in this show is the best in the world. How you can make a show as suspenceful as this one takes alot of skill. I just dont know how they make a show so enjoyable to watch. I cant wait for season 3. I want to know what sona means.
  51. SheenaL
    Jun 6, 2007
    Greg P, doesn't know 1 thing about IQ, his is probably .01& I would excuse him since to understand the plot you must have an open mind about everything to get a grasp of what is really happening. Good plot, keeps you thinking about what is going to happen next & then you're thrown a curve ball. Thumbs Up to the Creators!!!
  52. DiegoC
    Jun 8, 2007
    The best show.
  53. mayak.
    Jul 7, 2007
    This is the best TV to hit our screens in the past 0 years!
  54. PietK.
    Aug 5, 2008
    Very intellectual series with an moving plot and great acting
  55. lansedv
    Sep 2, 2008
    awesome show....
  56. GoldieGoldie
    Jun 25, 2010
  57. Elise
    Oct 10, 2005
    the suspense rocks. TV to run home for.
  58. rajar
    Nov 2, 2005
    wentworth miller is so hot that' s half the reason why I watch this show and other half goes to the story itself and the rest of the characters. I hope the show turns out to be something unexpected and not just a TV version of some of the prsion movies we have watched.
  59. jason
    Oct 16, 2005
    This is a really good action-packed show.
  60. Mysterious
    Oct 17, 2005
    Without a doubt, this is the best new show of the season! Miller is effortlessly cool as 'the man with the plan' and the plot is intricate and suspenseful. This show takes unpredictability to a new level! The best thing since 'Lost' and a joy to watch.
  61. CJohnson
    Dec 23, 2005
    Incredible,. this an Arrested Development and The Office are the only shows I watch.
  62. RussL
    Oct 23, 2005
    Great show. Action, mystery, good acting, realism, not shocking crude or violent for the sake of shock.
  63. lansedv
    Dec 4, 2005
    awesome show....
  64. Unknown
    Oct 26, 2005
    Great show !! Amazing
  65. aascas
    Dec 8, 2005
    Very good, some of the acting is subpar but very entertaining
  66. Sparky
    Oct 29, 2005
    Wow! Week after week, it keeps me on the edge of my seat. The best plotting I've ever seen on television. Can't wait to see what happens next!
  67. KirkC
    Oct 5, 2005
    This is the best new show on TV this fall. The main characters are outstanding. Yes, it has a "dark aspect" to it, but what do you expect of a show set in a prison. There are going to be people getting offed and it's not going to be pretty. Yet, it has a plot and it is developing characters that I like.
  68. MarcD.
    Oct 5, 2005
    I thought it would suffer in comparison to "OZ", but I was surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. The two main characters (the brothers) are played by tremendous actors, and the supporting characters are uniformly excellent. It seems like the series could be wrapped up at the end of each episode, giving you an amazing feel of immediacy. Sure, it's totally implausible, but I thought it would suffer in comparison to "OZ", but I was surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. The two main characters (the brothers) are played by tremendous actors, and the supporting characters are uniformly excellent. It seems like the series could be wrapped up at the end of each episode, giving you an amazing feel of immediacy. Sure, it's totally implausible, but suspend some reality and enjoy it (or pick up the DVDs next summer). Expand
  69. VickiD
    Oct 6, 2005
    This is only one of the new shows that I believe to be great. My husband and I look forward to watching this every week.
  70. VanessaA
    Oct 7, 2005
    This is one of the best new shows this season!! Wentworth character is outstanding and so is Dominic Purcells.
  71. PanB
    Oct 7, 2005
    Quite thrilling. Not a single show was boring. It makes people sit at the edge of their seats every monday at 9. I like the show quite a bit.
  72. EdB
    Oct 9, 2005
    This program is very exciting. I love the intrigue and look forward to each episode.
  73. Kaitlyn
    Jan 11, 2006
    I think prison break is the best show on tv! I can't wait for it to return in March! I love the suspence and the plotting that goes on in the show. Plus Miller is very hot!
  74. CharlieD
    Oct 10, 2006
    this show is one of the bets shows i've ever seen! after hearing good things about it form friends i decided to check it out, bad idea.... i got hooked from the first episode, with the drama and suspense delivering throughout all the episodes that followed. the ingenuity of Scofields tattoos and the charcterisation is fantastic. bring on season 2!
  75. dicklick
    Dec 4, 2006
    i love it, very entertaining show....everyone should watch it
  76. ElizabethM
    Oct 31, 2006
    I love this show. I hate waiting an entire week for a new episode!!!
  77. ArthurR
    Oct 5, 2006
    One of two shows I try to watch each week, with My Name Is Earl. For the same reason, really, both have the same willingness to just constantly throw entertaining crap against a wall. The plot is ridiculous, the dialogue runs from adequate to laughable, and I can't recommend it to anybody that hasn't been watching from the beginning, but I haven't missed an episode. Who One of two shows I try to watch each week, with My Name Is Earl. For the same reason, really, both have the same willingness to just constantly throw entertaining crap against a wall. The plot is ridiculous, the dialogue runs from adequate to laughable, and I can't recommend it to anybody that hasn't been watching from the beginning, but I haven't missed an episode. Who says a drama has to be believable? Who believes that all these bizarro medical cases keep showing up for Gregory House to solve? What's with the witches in Macbeth? Plus, the dialogue makes Prison Break more fun to watch with other people. All that said, though, by the end of this year, I hope they wrap it up, like they said they'd do. Expand
  78. KerrieJ
    Feb 1, 2006
    I have only seen two episodes so far and i am hooked, i think its a fantastic drama, its full of surprises and interesting plots i can't wait for more. The lead character Wentworth Miller is an amazing actor and does brilliant with his role, as do many of the supporting cast.
  79. StinkyNoodles
    Feb 4, 2006
    Cant wait till March!!
  80. FraserW
    Apr 2, 2006
    This has to be the best show (drama) on television nothing is better i kept watching and watching im hooked from the pilot and usually you need to see three or four lke a cigarette but this one is real everything is genius and this i just the best show ever
  81. MIGUELG
    Apr 22, 2006
    Brilliant and most addictive. One of the Best series ever. For quite some time I only liked CSI, but I am sick of it now, and the fact that there are so many similar series. This one though is welcomed fresh air. I hope the good work lasts
  82. Michelle
    Apr 3, 2006
    i love this show!!!! not only do you have a hunk (wentworth miller) to stare at, but like a book(a great page turner), its great show that has me at the edge of my seat ever episode!
  83. CeriO
    Apr 8, 2006
    This show is amazing! Ever character is interesting, diverse and intriguing! And the dark comedy that comes through with the interactions between the characters is thrilling to watch! My favourite character is T-Bag!
  84. HUsain
    May 11, 2006
    this show is just amazing. i cant even find words to describe it. the actors and charachters both are brilliant. everything is brilliant
  85. JoshuaK
    May 17, 2006
    Although not quite perfect, it's almost there.. Five stars!!!
  86. pippelia
    May 21, 2006
    i lyk it
  87. MaureenH
    May 2, 2006
    This is one of my favorite shows. It has been a little uneven recently, but the first part of the series was so incredibly compelling and I am now too invested in the characters to walk away. I trust it will get back on track.
  88. Jodie
    May 3, 2006
    prison break is the bst show ever. im so hooked and dnt no wot i will do when its finished. wentworth miller is so fit and all of the characters are great. especially michael and lincoln.
  89. acs
    May 4, 2006
    this is the best tv show ever
  90. GeorgeS
    Jun 15, 2006
    While I agree with some comments that lament over the fact that truly great shows like Arrested Development are getting cancelled, you have to admit that this is one entertaining and exciting show, no matter how perdicatable or cliche the cliff hangers are.
  91. DanM
    Jun 18, 2006
    it's the best thing on tv right now!
  92. kellym
    Jul 14, 2006
    l think prison break is the best show ever .pitty about the end of it.
  93. es
    Jul 23, 2006
    this is the best show i have ever watched!!
  94. crys
    Aug 15, 2006
    can't get enough of it. it's the best!
  95. tiffanyh
    Aug 19, 2006
    its honesty my favorite show like ever.
  96. TomM
    Aug 28, 2006
    Prison Break is the most exciting show that's been on TV in a long time. Great acting, great writing and a great TV show!
  97. CarrieS
    Sep 27, 2006
    This show has had my FULL ATTENTION since episode 1. Besides being creative and daring, the characters are well developed, and the scenery is awesome. I will never be on the "inside" so I am very intrigued by the inside of prisons, and I am interested in the chase outside as well. Everyone is commenting on how irrelevant it is to see what happens now that they broke out---instead of This show has had my FULL ATTENTION since episode 1. Besides being creative and daring, the characters are well developed, and the scenery is awesome. I will never be on the "inside" so I am very intrigued by the inside of prisons, and I am interested in the chase outside as well. Everyone is commenting on how irrelevant it is to see what happens now that they broke out---instead of enjoying the huge scale they are having to film within. As for the "idiot" prison guards everyone is ranting about, there are tons of examples in reality about brilliant criminals cheating the system that imprisons them. It seems pretty real to me. I enjoy watching an entire cast of GREAT LOOKING men as well. It's downright steamy, and anyone who can't see at least THAT, needs to change the channel and find some negative news channel to duel their negativity! Great Job Prison Break---I will always be a fan!! Expand
  98. dandanny
    Jan 11, 2007
    Kick ass show, one of the best on TV.
  99. GoldieGoldie
    Jan 14, 2007
  100. PaulaF
    Jan 20, 2007
    This is the best show in the history of television. It is absolutely incredible.

If the show can stay as gripping as its premiere... it will be a welcome new prime-time puzzle.
    As with "24," the whole enterprise, however action-packed, would fall flat if viewers didn't care about the characters, and "Prison Break" doesn't disappoint.
  3. A riveting, suspenseful, briskly paced drama packed with intriguing performances.