• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 3, 2007
Season #: 1, 2
8.3

1. Nov 1, 2010
    This show is mind-numbingly boring. The concept is fantastic and the writers and narrator outright ruined a potentially brilliant idea. The narrator explains things as though speaking to a two year old and does so in excessive detail. The characters are two-dimensional and even within such restrictive bounds they're character and story-line don't match up. For example, a girl gets broughtThis show is mind-numbingly boring. The concept is fantastic and the writers and narrator outright ruined a potentially brilliant idea. The narrator explains things as though speaking to a two year old and does so in excessive detail. The characters are two-dimensional and even within such restrictive bounds they're character and story-line don't match up. For example, a girl gets brought back from the dead. She's pushy, 'in-you-face' annoying and does whatever she wants, whenever she wants, irrespective of others. Her background story is as a stay at home 'nurse-maid' to her two Aunts, doing what she was told and being a polite little 'good-girl'. Her only transition was leaving home to get a job where she did what she was told and died in the process. Huh? The writers must have been asleep. The only way one could possibly know the actors are good is if they've seen them in something else because in Pushing Daisies they have precious little to work with, including lines. For the most part the narrator stole them.

How this show managed to get past the pilot episode is a miracle that may only be explained by the good reputation of 'Dead Like Me'. My advice, give this one a miss.
  2. CygnetB.
    Oct 3, 2007
    This show was just stupid. The show was dry, the story dumb. The actors, however, were great. I love the collection of great actors, but when they were "doing their craft" I wondered who wrote this drivel... If you think it's gonna get better, you will probably be surprised when the show itself is "pushing daisies" CYG- Neilsen Rater.
  3. GordonT.
    Oct 19, 2007
    This show makes an effort to be original and it is up to a point. You almost have to be brain dead to follow these stories Its a little better than Ugly Betty.
  4. TimH.
    Oct 8, 2007
    This show would be great but for the absolutely dreadful soundtrack and voice over. It makes the show unwatchable! After seeing the reviews I was looking forward to this one but it's simply dreadful!
  5. PaulW
    Aug 25, 2008
    Dreadfully dull show with lame attempts at humor which' general flamboyance seemed to be directly ripped off of the movie Amelie. The same blue light cinematography and the same annoying narration, the sets were kindly borrowed too. The score is a rip off of the more familliar Tim Burton films and the entire premise pinched from the already done to death mockeries such as the tv Dreadfully dull show with lame attempts at humor which' general flamboyance seemed to be directly ripped off of the movie Amelie. The same blue light cinematography and the same annoying narration, the sets were kindly borrowed too. The score is a rip off of the more familliar Tim Burton films and the entire premise pinched from the already done to death mockeries such as the tv series Heroes. (We don't need another hero). I barely made it through the pilot. Expand
  6. Gene
    Oct 15, 2007
    Watched it once, didn't like it. Gave it a second chance, had to turn it off after the first half.
    Oct 3, 2007
    Cutesy and contrived and heavy as lead. Not my cup of tea.
  8. BobJ.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Overrated. The pretty picture stunt will get old after a few episodes. Premise is stupid. Dialogue was boring. I won't be watching this anymore. This new TV season is pretty bad so far.
  9. JeddS.
    Oct 5, 2007
    I is just to bizzarre for itsa own good. a lot of the jokes do not work and to be frank, they seem like they were written by 17 year olds who watch a lot of television. Every joke looks like it was taken from another show over the last 50 years.
  10. Len
    Oct 6, 2007
    Truly horrible. Pretentious, witless dialogue and a depressing story.A real downer and subtle as an anvil.
  11. Sharon
    Oct 7, 2007
    A really dumb show masquerading as a really smart show.
  12. TheVegan
    Oct 15, 2007
    I saw the first 2 episodes and I just didn't enjoy it that much. First of all they stole the "coming back to life for one minute" premise from an episode of Torchwood. But that aside I just didn't find either of the first 2 episodes that compelling.
  13. JF
    Oct 19, 2007
    Maybe it's just me, but this show is like Tim Burton trying to do comedy. It isn't nearly as cute as it things it is and the whole AIDS-metaphor (they're in love but they can't touch, unless they're in full body condoms) seems really out of date. The narration is annoying beyond belief and everything seems to be a great idea in search of a show. It's already boring.
  14. EvelynD
    Mar 29, 2008
    Why?? This is a epic fail. of epic porporshuns. Waaay to british (not that theres anything wrong the brits) and corny. This belongs in the PBS Kids line up.
  15. Nov 29, 2012
    Are people kidding? This show was great - BEAUTIFUL to look at, lovely and whimsical, clever, fresh, and heartwarming. A great cast and unique plot really rounded it out - I guess it just wasn't for everyone. If you are into something a little different, as well as some heart and mystery, this was a great place to look!
  16. G.Fresh
    Oct 25, 2007
    Different is not always better, and the proof is Pushing Daisies. Obviously there are a lot of talented people working on this show, save for the writers who deliver mind numbingly boring stories. If the show is going to get better, try writing storylines that are challenging for those over three years old.
  17. harv
    Oct 8, 2007
    Exactly 5 minutes 2 seconds and 3 milliseconds into the show I found myself hating the show violently. I also violently hated it. (This is the type of writing which passes for wit on the show).
  18. TK
    Oct 11, 2007
    I can't believe this is getting such high marks. It's awful. What an idiotic premise. I watched the first 30 minutes and had to change the channel. Silly, pretentious and schmaltzy...
  19. LyndaIvey
    Oct 10, 2007
    Big fat 0. Tries way too hard.
  20. Mike.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Apparently it's the thing now for the narrator to be excessively annoying. The narrator feels the need to introduce every single character with their age in years, months, days, and hours. This is nothing short of painfully annoying. Meanwhile the music is nearly a half hour of non-ceasing flowery strings, which is enough to give me a headache. This show is much better in concept Apparently it's the thing now for the narrator to be excessively annoying. The narrator feels the need to introduce every single character with their age in years, months, days, and hours. This is nothing short of painfully annoying. Meanwhile the music is nearly a half hour of non-ceasing flowery strings, which is enough to give me a headache. This show is much better in concept than it is in post-production execution. Expand
  21. EnyaB
    Jul 31, 2009
    When I saw that this show was written by the same person as "Dead Like Me" I thought it had great potential. I've watched the first season and one episode of the second season (all mostly against my will, although I hope for improvement wish each episode) and there's nothing that attaches me to this show. The characters are shallow, although the acting is superb and the colors When I saw that this show was written by the same person as "Dead Like Me" I thought it had great potential. I've watched the first season and one episode of the second season (all mostly against my will, although I hope for improvement wish each episode) and there's nothing that attaches me to this show. The characters are shallow, although the acting is superb and the colors are entertaining. The narration is super, super annoying... the whole point of film and TV is for us to see the story acted out, not be told. Most of the time I could get what was going on without the narrator having to briskly gab it to me. I saw so much potential in this show that was ruined by the narration.. we were told things that could have been acted out and made the show that much better (for example, when Chuck was told by Ned that he killed her father.. except that never happened; the narrator told us it happened and then we see Ned out searching for a missing Chuck). There was far too much silliness and not enough seriousness mixed into the fray. The storyline and plot were weak and I found myself guessing the end of nearly every episode, or losing interest altogether, about halfway through the show. Expand
  22. BrentR
    Oct 7, 2007
    Terrific, best new show of the year. I loved the look and style. The actors are great. I hope this one lasts. Brilliant.
  23. Jasmine
    Nov 19, 2007
    Love it! The most refreshing TV show on right now.
  24. SallyV.
    Oct 17, 2007
    I love this show!
  25. NasisA.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Great show. Romantic and funny, and taking the time to intoduce the characters and make them lovable or relateable. Love the Amelie and Corpse Bride/Big Fish similarities.
  26. PeteS.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Okay, but just does not do it for me. Premise is so unbelievable. I prefer Caveman!!!
  27. am
    Oct 24, 2007
    Amazing show that manages to blend contradictory genres in a touching, visually brilliant way. The writing, directing, and acting are all fantastic. Best show to have graced the small-screen in a long time.
  28. Ann
    Yecccch.
  29. ChaseK.
    Oct 3, 2007
    Absolutely refreshing pilot. If you are sick of movies about rich people and cookie-cutter ratings grabbers which offer nothing new at all, please watch Pushing Daisies. It's Tim Burton-esque style and substance is a great one hour escape. A simply amazing first episode.
  30. AC
    Oct 4, 2007
    The best pilot since "Lost" and "Veronica Mars" aried back in 04. Everything was brilliant in this show, hopefully future episodes can just as good or even better than the pilot.
  31. DavidM.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Perfect! great show. hope it carry on surprising me. this show have a good message: you can love someone and not have sex with her/he on the first date.
  32. AllanM.
    Oct 6, 2007
    Fantastic premise. The actors portrayals are great. The only thing holding me back from a 10 is sub par writing....though with the stunning visuals and artistic vision with cinematography a 9 is more than well deserved
  33. AttilaB.
    Oct 6, 2007
    I Love it! Remembers me on Lemony Snicket a bit. Thanks for this show! Please don't cancel it!
  34. JW
    Oct 6, 2007
    While we are only an episode in, one thing can be said for sure: If you have enjoyed the past collaborations of Tim Burton and Danny Elfman, you will love this show. While neither is actually involved here, it brings their ideas and style to the small screen in picture-perfect fashion.
  35. thecritic
    Feb 3, 2008
    Delightful set and actors, and not being afraid to be different, makes this show the best show on television.
  36. zancam
    brilliant, tim burton-esque
  37. Jake
    Oct 10, 2007
    Although not perfect, the pilot for Pushing Daisies was interesting and enjoyable. It was one of the few pilots that made me want to watch again next week. It reminds me a lot of Big Fish, and is what I like to call an "indicator show". Meaning, that like certain other tv shows, movies, and books, whether or not you like and/or "get" the show is an indicator of your level of intellectual Although not perfect, the pilot for Pushing Daisies was interesting and enjoyable. It was one of the few pilots that made me want to watch again next week. It reminds me a lot of Big Fish, and is what I like to call an "indicator show". Meaning, that like certain other tv shows, movies, and books, whether or not you like and/or "get" the show is an indicator of your level of intellectual sophistication and/or emotional maturity. If you don't "get" the show, you probably are either not that bright, or perhaps you are bright, but not very emotionally developed. So, for those of you who are somewhat intellectually sophisticated and emotionally mature, try this show out. Expand
  38. Mist
    Oct 11, 2007
    Simply amazing. I love it.
  39. Jen
    Oct 10, 2007
    How refreshingly unique this show is. From start to finish, it's got me hooked already.
  40. Striver
    Oct 10, 2007
    Definitely for Tim Burton fans (and I'm one of them). Great cast, cleverly mordant writing, fun art design.
  41. AndrewK
    Oct 10, 2007
    I didn't last the first 20 minutes. I guess the magic kicked in after that -- but the visuals are impressive. Is anybody else uncomfortable with deboning death to that degree?
  42. SteveH.
    Nov 5, 2007
    Reminds me of Wonderfalls. I still miss that show. As it turns out, the same person wrote both of them. The characters are attractive and witty. The scenes are lush. The story is a little goofy and farfetched. Then again, the whole premise is farfetched. The point, though, is that it is an adult fairy tale, where nothing has to be real. The colors, sounds, and wit along the journey is the Reminds me of Wonderfalls. I still miss that show. As it turns out, the same person wrote both of them. The characters are attractive and witty. The scenes are lush. The story is a little goofy and farfetched. Then again, the whole premise is farfetched. The point, though, is that it is an adult fairy tale, where nothing has to be real. The colors, sounds, and wit along the journey is the whole point -- not the plot's destination. The point of the story is the storytelling. Expand
  43. Tonya
    Nov 5, 2007
    You have to like Big Fish, if you didn't or didn't even see it then you don't get Pushing Daisies. This is one of the best shows to come out in a long time. I actually make it a point to know when 8:00 Wednesday is.
  44. Elizabeth
    Oct 30, 2007
    I think it's the best new show out there. The visual aspect, the acting and the witty writing make this show a true gem.
  45. BlakeD
    Stunning Televsion!
  46. FrankW.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Best new show I've seen in many years. Delightful.
  47. TalL.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Good stuff. Different. Could become interesting.
  48. SteveC.
    Oct 5, 2007
    Delightful! A sweet and very clever fairy tale for adults that reminds me of "A Princess Bride" in some ways.The only problem is that I can't imagine how they will continue for a whole season with what would seem to be a very limited plot device / gimmick - but, then again, I could never have come up with such a ground-breakingly original idea in the first place.
  49. DuyTran
    Oct 5, 2007
    A colorful, romantic fairy tale.
  50. JohnC.
    Oct 5, 2007
    Kind of clever, but that insipid music (Desperate Housewives cranked up to 11) is a killer. I don't need to be hammered over the head to know that I'm experiencing a bit of whimsy. I actually got that same kind of headache that comes along with a Michael Bay flick. This thunderously empty overload is okay once or twice, but over an entire season? No thanks.
  51. CalebC.
    Oct 9, 2007
    The Best Pilot so far this year.
  52. Flor
    Oct 9, 2007
    I was disappointed. Visually it looks pretty nice, but the acting is terrible and the writing is...eh. A cheaper imitation of Tim Burton stuff. I also noticed similarities to the movie Amelie...they even used a few songs off that soundtrack. Oh well, the show's still different from whatever else is avaliable on tv. HOPEFULLY it'll improve.
  53. LincLink
    Dec 20, 2008
    This is my favorite show ever...and I'm 44 years old. It is a pity that ABC is giving it the axe. Hopefully some other network will pick it up. Blessings!
  54. KaylaC.
    Jan 4, 2008
    A unique show with an interesting concept, but the actual storyline is a bit dull and predictable. I like the cast of characters though. Hopefully the plot will become more in-depth in the future because this show has the potential to be really great.
  55. MatiasB
    Feb 19, 2008
    After watching two episodes I realized I could have downloaded something less idiotic and overacted.
  56. AdamA
    Sep 9, 2008
    Probably my favorite show ever. Beautifully written, wonderfully performed, and tactfully directed. It all comes together like some perfect storybook tale. I have not a single complaint against the show.
  57. ethane
    Jun 15, 2009
    Why, why WHY did they take this show off of TV?!? It's such an amazing show. It's really unique in many ways, and it's actually cheery. It makes me smile, and I don't feel angst-y after watching it, like many TV dramas. It's upbeat and "refreshing", as I've heard many people put it. It even had good ratings! So why isn't it still on TV??? I can't Why, why WHY did they take this show off of TV?!? It's such an amazing show. It's really unique in many ways, and it's actually cheery. It makes me smile, and I don't feel angst-y after watching it, like many TV dramas. It's upbeat and "refreshing", as I've heard many people put it. It even had good ratings! So why isn't it still on TV??? I can't even get season 2 on DVD! Expand
  58. zackm
    Jan 2, 2010
    this is one of the most original shows i've seen in years. it is creative and well acted with a nice to it. it's truely regretableit got cancelled
  59. CraigB
    Oct 11, 2007
    Best new show of the season.
  60. DougS.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Easily the best show of the new season.
  61. CandaceW.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Pushing Daisies is ingenious! I laugh beginning to end each episode. Jim Dale as the narrator is the icing on the cake. :)
  62. joshuak.
    Oct 10, 2007
    well as much as i enjoy this show i cant see it lasting. first the good points. This show is great when it comes to creativity, imagination, story and style. A small problem is the narrator who gives exact ages like 9 years, 3 months, 42 days, 6 minutes and 3 seconds. it gets old. More importantly is i cant see this series staying fresh as there simply isnt enough time in television to well as much as i enjoy this show i cant see it lasting. first the good points. This show is great when it comes to creativity, imagination, story and style. A small problem is the narrator who gives exact ages like 9 years, 3 months, 42 days, 6 minutes and 3 seconds. it gets old. More importantly is i cant see this series staying fresh as there simply isnt enough time in television to make each story as good as the next. I did enjoy the first six episodes though and will continue watching. Expand
  63. Patrick
    Oct 12, 2007
    Maybe the best pilot I've seen in a while, and the multi-faceted nature of the show is incredible. It masquerades as a quaint dramedy, but it's far more murder-mystery and sci-fi based than the previews let on. The characters are intriguing, the narrative is both insightful and humorous, and the story lines flow very easily.
  64. DZ
    Oct 12, 2007
    Visually, a glorious feast...Conceptually, extremely fresh.... Reminds me very much of the brilliant beginning of my favorite movie: "Amelie", but unlike that movie, Daisies' narration continues throughout each episode and sometimes trips up the story's momentum. Still, it's a gem. And I predict nationwide pie sales will go up.
  65. JoeZ
    Oct 10, 2007
    By far one of the most engaging and entertaining shows of the past few years (deserves to be paired with Ugly Betty if only to extend both shows rich use of color) I rarely say this but people who don't like this show need their head examined...and need to be weaned off of Beauty and the Geek.
  66. JP
    Oct 12, 2007
    This is show is fun and quirky. People who dont like this show dont because they watch all the CSI clones and L&O clones. This is a truly original show that is perfectly casted. Good to see Chi Mcbride back on TV. Fantastic
  67. Drlouise
    Nov 20, 2007
    I really like this show.. Truly makes my heart pop, but with all fairy tails they must come to a conclusion or it gets boring. There isn't anything but the love to bring me back.. Unfortunately, If they don't get together by the end of the season I will not be watching next year...
  68. RaymondG
    Oct 13, 2007
    This is a brilliant fairy tale/comedy/mystery show that inspires memories of Tim Burton films, "Amelie," and Roald Dahl books like "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." It's created and written by Bryan Fuller, who did "Wonderfalls," and directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, who directed "Men in Black" and "The Addams Family" movies. Oh my God! It's the most brilliant, original, This is a brilliant fairy tale/comedy/mystery show that inspires memories of Tim Burton films, "Amelie," and Roald Dahl books like "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." It's created and written by Bryan Fuller, who did "Wonderfalls," and directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, who directed "Men in Black" and "The Addams Family" movies. Oh my God! It's the most brilliant, original, whimsical, delightful, romantic, sweet, and enchanting new TV show I've ever seen! I had to keep slapping myself to remind me that I was watching TV---not a brilliant movie like "Edward Scissorhands," "The Nightmare Before Christmas," or "Amelie." It stars Lee Pace, a Julliard-trained guy who was brilliant and heartbreaking playing a transgendered woman singer in "Soldier's Girl." I also liked him in Matt Damon's "The Good Shepherd." You must not miss this show! Expand
  69. JohnB.
    Oct 15, 2007
    A fun bit of whimsy and who knew that Kristen Chenoweth could sing like that!
  70. PatrickD
    Oct 15, 2007
    It's very mannered in the vein of Wes Anderson which means there is quite a bit of shallowness. It's a cute show, but let's see if it lasts.
  71. StevenS
    Nov 7, 2007
    Perhaps it would serve G. Fresh a great deal of good to go back to when he was 3 and receive the proper education desperately needed to understand outstanding wit. I'd really like to see Tim Burton do a guest spot behind the camera on this. Best new show of the year by far.
  72. heatherk
    Dec 13, 2007
    A brilliant show, with a stellar cast, crisp writing, and engaging plots. Just wish it weren't on Wednesdays!
  73. JaneR
    Oct 21, 2007
    I love love love this show. The cast is amazing!!!
  74. MicheleS.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Love it!!! Favorite new show! It's different, funny, sad, interesting, amazing, can't get enough of it!! I haven't been this excited about a new show since The Office!
  75. markb.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Pushing daises is a feast for the eyes, excellent cast ,and excellent story telling that should have us entertained and enchanted for years to come.
  76. jc
    Oct 25, 2007
    Absolutely love it! Really lifts your mood.
  77. BobK
    Oct 25, 2007
    Acting is superb but the premise gets tired very quickly. Production values are high for a network. The narration needs to be scaled back and what passes for wit needs to be examined more closely. It's becoming annoying rather than witty. One major improvement, easily made, would be to make room for Kristin Chenoweth to sing. She's a Tony nominee for good reason and the one Acting is superb but the premise gets tired very quickly. Production values are high for a network. The narration needs to be scaled back and what passes for wit needs to be examined more closely. It's becoming annoying rather than witty. One major improvement, easily made, would be to make room for Kristin Chenoweth to sing. She's a Tony nominee for good reason and the one episode so far where her voice was featured was enjoyable just for that reason. And who knew that Lupin had such a pretty wife? Expand
  78. Mike
    Oct 3, 2007
    Suspend your disbelief. For once, it's worth it. This show proves that it is possible to be dark and subtle. Not everything has to be the Sopranos where the only subtle moment is a fade to black...
  79. NancyW.
    Oct 3, 2007
    about time for a great, quirky, inventive show that doesn't follow the trend of the season!
  80. AngelaG.
    Oct 3, 2007
    Caught fire 20-odd minutes in and didn't let up. The leads have incredible chemistry, and anyone who thinks to put Swoosie Kurtz and Ellen Greene on the same screen deserves our love and support.
  81. JoeyW.
    Oct 3, 2007
    A strange but hilarious show that cant help but pull the viewer in and keep them asking for more.
  82. RicardoF.
    Oct 4, 2007
    I am WAYY over the YV demographic and I was mesmerized by the plot device; the actors portrayals; how it was executed and the super HiDef, imaginative photography. I was really curious based on all the hi-5 reviews about a program on....death? The critics were 100% on this one.
  83. MattA
    Oct 4, 2007
    Great Pilot episode... ...it had me smiling almost the whole way through. ...my only gripes is that it had a few... "don't worry about an explaination" points... ..but these can be overlooked when realizing the whimsical nature of the program.
  84. johnp.
    Oct 4, 2007
    The show is not just beautiful.. its magical...
  85. TimW.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Fantasic premise. Clever, smart writing. I loved every moment. Probably too smart to last.
  86. JonathanF.
    Oct 4, 2007
    I really enjoyed it. It's so delightfully different than anything else on TV it hardly feels like a television show.
  87. CarolM.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Wow--an excellent show, more creative and interesting and charming than anything I've seen in a while.
  88. DarrenV.
    Oct 5, 2007
    whimsical and fanciful storytelling at its best. the story is wonderful and the characters are delightful. I've never been so pleased with a pilot.
  89. mattw.
    Oct 5, 2007
    This show grabbed us from the opening scene. Great style, reminds me of a happy tim burton movie. I hope it doesn't get cancelled. Best new show on TV??? i dunno, probably.
  90. Scott
    Oct 5, 2007
    I loved the pilot! We'll have to wait to see if this level of quality can be maintained.
  91. NatalieO.
    Oct 8, 2007
    I am hoping this show will get better, but it has promise
  92. DrewF
    Oct 9, 2007
    Wonderful pilot episode. If it maintains that pace and magic, then this will easily be the best new show of the season.
  93. EricE
    Jan 18, 2008
    By far the BEST show of 2007! I can't get enough of this quirky show. It kind of reminds me of Tim Burton's stuff. A very unique take on a murder mystery show and I love it.
  94. ThomasB
    Oct 21, 2008
    Intelligent writing; good acting; not a simple plot but fun to see what writers can do with juggling the subplots.
  95. linclink
    Jan 21, 2008
    Along with "The Office", "The Simpsons", and "30 Rock" it is one of my few watched shows. It is unique, creative, funny and touching. A beautiful show!!
  96. RosalyndL
    Feb 29, 2008
    LOVE!! this show. I wish the writers, actors, and everyone else involved the best. Story lines are WINNERS! The delivery BRILLIANT! The cast really bring it! I'm always on the edge of my seat with my jaw dropped. I tape the show and find myself rewinding constantly. Thank you, thank you, thank you for Pushing Daisies.
  97. ZinH.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Actors are good, and the problems are funny. The way they make the bodies look makes me laugh.
  98. LizM
    Jul 24, 2008
    WOW! I love it. I can't speak for everyone, but in my opinion, you have to be a whimsical person to get into this whimsical show. It really screams musical theatre and Big Fish cross over to me. But that's just me. I can see it lasting a few seasons, but most likely not a long-running show, as the whole I'm alive for a minute then I'm dead thing, and the whole Ned and WOW! I love it. I can't speak for everyone, but in my opinion, you have to be a whimsical person to get into this whimsical show. It really screams musical theatre and Big Fish cross over to me. But that's just me. I can see it lasting a few seasons, but most likely not a long-running show, as the whole I'm alive for a minute then I'm dead thing, and the whole Ned and Chuck are in love but can't touch thing, will make people turn away eventually. Plus, Olive needs more singing time. I need some of Kristin kickass opera! But I can say that I have very much so enjoyed it thus far and am looking forward to next season! Expand
  99. LeathT
    Sep 15, 2008
    Fantastic. Too bad the first season ended so abruptly. I look forward to Season 2 and October 1st.
  100. Dy
    Oct 11, 2007
    Delightfully original and perky in a macabre sort of way. I loved it!

It's a whimsical, romantically inventive and darkly funny pop-up hour about a man (Lee Pace) whose touch can bring the dead back to life (but also, yikes, vice versa).
  2. The hour balances its caper-cartoon and ghoulish sensibilities with a crisp pace and well-cast leads.
  3. As charming as all that is amid the macabre, Pushing Daisies is a show that only a grown-up can fully enjoy.