Quantum Leap : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 26, 1989
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.1

1. Dec 17, 2016
    I first watched Quantum Leap as a kid back in about 1995, and it remains one of my all-time favourite TV shows to this day. Following a time travel experiment that went wrong each episode sees Sam (Scott Bakula) 'leaping' into the body of someone from the past in order to change something that went wrong in their lives.

The sci-fi and time travel elements are really only a minor part of

The sci-fi and time travel elements are really only a minor part of the show however as this is really a drama series at heart. What made Quantum Leap stand out for me was the way in which it dealt with real life issues, such as racism or the loss of loved ones, in such an interesting and honest way and it remains a show well worth watching, even 25+ years after it was first broadcast.
  2. Dec 21, 2016
    This series I first saw a few years ago, the first thing that came to my mind that the old with bad special effects, however, I decided to look and I did not regret it. If we neglect the above-written series is actually very good with the original theme and is one of those series that with the same enthusiasm you look from the first to the last episode. Give it a chance you will not regret.

1. The New York Times
    Reviewed by: John J. O'Connor
    Jun 30, 2013
    With some delicious comic touches, Quantum Leap is slyly offering two cheers for the "sensitized" man of the 1980's. Sam even managed to phone his beloved father, who had died in 1974. The experience left him with tears streaming down his face. Mr. Bakula (''Eisenhower & Lutz,'' Broadway's ''Romance Romance'') pulls all of this off with skillful charm. He could easily get away with devouring an entire quiche. [30 Mar 1989, p.C24]
  2. Miami Herald
    Reviewed by: Steve Sonsky
    Jun 30, 2013
    It was all quite boring...What the series does have going for it is a nostalgic sense of humor and Bakula, whom some may recall from Eisenhower and Lutz, a midseason show that lasted about 10 minutes last spring. Bakula has this hound-dog kind of handsomeness and a certain goofy charm...What it has going against it, is its sheer nutty illogic. Even science fiction is supposed to have some ground rules. God? Holograms? Amnesia? Come on! This thing is just nonsense.
  3. USA Today
    Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jun 30, 2013
    A canny and clever series that makes hardware take a back seat to humanity. [31 Mar 1989, p.3D]