quarterlife : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
4.5

1. NickJ.
    Feb 27, 2008
    It had potential; It's just so unrealistic and boring that it almost fails completely.
  2. BurtH.
    Feb 27, 2008
    In the same vein as pretty much every "smart 20-something" movie of the early 90's, it shows how once out of college that you once again have no idea what you want to do with your life much like when right before college. So bunking up with friends, having sex and forming fragile relationships with unstable artistic people seems to be the way to go. Quarterlife presents the idea that In the same vein as pretty much every "smart 20-something" movie of the early 90's, it shows how once out of college that you once again have no idea what you want to do with your life much like when right before college. So bunking up with friends, having sex and forming fragile relationships with unstable artistic people seems to be the way to go. Quarterlife presents the idea that through video blogging, you can vent the frustrations of being an artist that cannot express themselves and piss off their friends at the same time by saying things they don't really care to have the whole world knowing. When really, everyone who video blogs is shouting to deaf ears when no one really gives a shit what you have to say, anyway. But I digress. Quarterlife is another attempt at the magic of Friends, My So Called Life and a handful of other weepy 20-something dramas. It sucks being young, yes. It sucks to be old, yes. Is anyone ever really happy? No. Does work suck? Yes. Do relationships suck? Most definately. Will you ever get paid to do what you love? Doubtful. There. I just simplified the world for you, so watching this show will be a waste of time now. I'd apologize, but I wouldn't really mean it. Maybe if I video blogged it for you, then maybe you can see how I REALLY feel. Expand

Oh big sigh indeed. Quarterlife, is just plain creepy.... Rather than developing a clique of layered individuals, as they've done before, Herskovitz and Zwick deliver a small culture of flat, irritating generational emblems.
    Though it soon settles into the standard patterns of an above-average (if overwrought) drama, the first episode of quarterlife may make you regret the creation of the Internet.
  3. Doesn't sound like the formula for compelling, consequential drama, but quarterlife manages to take these typically narcissistic young adults and make them legitimately interesting.