• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 21, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.0

1. Sep 22, 2010
    Genuinely endearing in its mixture of well-meaning innocence (the young father), absurdist incompetence (his at least mentally not much older parents) and baby cuteness (well, the baby), this show came something as a surprise. It felt like there is a whole lot more Arrested Development in this show than Running Wilde hasn't been able to deliver. Looking forward to the next installment.
  2. Oct 17, 2010
    Raising Hope basically defines smart and hilarious. The best new show of the season, and better than most returning shows. If you do not like Raising Hope, than you should see a doctor, because not only is it hilarious, it has a wonderful concept and near-perfect acting. I'm looking forward to this show being the new Malcolm In The Middle.
  3. nbc
    Oct 27, 2010
    I love this show. The whole cast is great and the show is very sweet. I especially love Shannon Woodward as the sarcastic but cute cashier. I enjoy everything about this show.
  4. Oct 5, 2010
    Raising Hope is more than your average, everyday, run of the mill sitcom. Instead it adds a little more love and meaning to the simple things in life. It is definitely one of the best new sitcoms of the year and I am looking forward to every new episode. It reminds us that you can make the best out of what you are given in life! Its great and heart warming, while still making its audiences smile and laugh out loud. Expand
  5. Oct 9, 2010
    Funny, original, and pulls at the heart strings. Sets a pretty high bar for new sitcoms. Definitely the funniest sitcom in it's time slot so there is no reason not to give Raising Hope a try. Please Please Please watch.
  6. Jan 5, 2011
    Thumbs way down. Unbelievable that the original test group passed this. Change the language to slovakian and peddle it overseas. Say it's a true view of American life and it might sell!!!
    In the meanwhile replace it with darts or lawn bowling !!!
  7. Jan 9, 2011
    This is one of the funniest comedies I have seen in a long time. It is hilariously funny, but can be enormously touching with a few truths the next moment. The writing is excellent and the cast are brilliant. There hasn't been a single episode where I've not laughed out loud - this is a must-see.
  8. May 11, 2011
    This show is hilarious! My wife and I watch it together and we die of laughter every single episode and go around quoting it all the time! This is definitely one of the funniest shows on TV right now!
  9. Jul 3, 2011
    This show should have received the same hype that Glee received. Not only is it a much better show that Glee, it is smarter, funnier, and better written with veteran actors and an amazing crew. I hope awareness of this show increases in the near future.
  10. Oct 17, 2011
    This show is awesome! A great cast of characters, especially the lead, help make every episode a treat. I love the fact that they take jabs at themselves and shows like them. Unlike a typical sitcom, Jimmy, the main character, seems to grow with each episode. If you haven't seen this show and you're tired of stale sitcoms, watch this one.
  11. Sep 9, 2013
    Martha Plimpton steals the show in this sitcom, although Garrett Dillahunt does a great job also.
    You know it's a really great show when they don't use a laugh track to tell what's supposed to be funny. Greg Garcia is terrific at making us feel like these people are a part of our family.

1. Reviewed by: Heather Havrilesky
    Oct 22, 2010
    Martha Plimpton and Garret Dillahunt as the dumb dad's parents really make this one impossible to ignore completely. And even though we've already got "Oh no the ugly chick likes me" jokes and "You're right, the baby's limbs could get amputated this way" jokes and other material that might make you smile but never laugh, there's also a slightly disturbed tone here that's hard to match on sitcoms about yuppies having bad hair days.
  2. The show's astringent tone, its excursions into low comedy--scenes like the one where everybody trying to diaper the baby ends up throwing up on her, and similarly stomach-churning fun--all work to counter the sentimentality of themes like this one. They work only in part here, and in this case that's all to the good. The show is meant to be a comedy, and it is--a smart and witty one--but there's no missing, either, under all that grotesquerie, its hard-core sweetness.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    There are at least the slivers of promise that the show could get better. Neff is amiably charming, Dillahunt and Plimpton give their characters a realism that belies the pilot's often-contemptuous jokes, and maybe 20% of the first episode shows a sweet-heartedness that rises above the easy white-trash humor.