• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 30, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.8

1. Jul 9, 2013
    I am so disappointed with this show. I thought they would at least give us a guy who would not fall under the sex spell of a teenager. He is as low as the people he tries to clean up after. This show is disgusting. If this is what "Hollywood" is about, I will continue to watch less and less. He is such a good actor, but not much of a decent human being if he can justify this character.
  2. Jul 31, 2013
    Have I missed something? I find "Ray Donovan" a big disappointment. The writing is beyond terrible. The show feels like a bunch of writers who each write a scene and then are thrown together in a hodge podge that makes no sense. The acting is so bad I find myself laughing during scenes that are suppose to be serious. When Gould's character sees the "Golem'" Voight runs off like a little girl...are you kidding me? Just one of many silly scenes. At least if there was one likeable character I could stay with this dreck, but there isn't. The kids are spoiled brats, Ray is just a dog sniffing after everything, Gould's character and the lawyer are so stereotypical as to be offensive......Beyond all this is the pandering. Voight instructs his grandson on oral sex, Ray dreams his father is screwing his wife, Ray's wife displays her thong that she just bought to the delight of her father-in-law and more, all unnecessary pandering. I could go on about why this show stinks but I don't want to give this show anymore of my time. One star for the nice homes and apartments but I guess I could see that on HGTV. Expand
  3. Jul 2, 2013
    Liev is such a scenery chewer. The show might be ok if it's allowed to develop, but anyone who is so in love with himself like Liev is can never carry a show.
  4. Mar 20, 2014
    como se dice falta de investigacion y falta de creatividad aaaaaaaaaaaaaa Ray donovan y true detective gente que jamaz leyo ni una carilla ni vio una serie ni investigo psicologia una mierda de serie

1. Reviewed by: Vicki Hyman
    Feb 13, 2014
    The show, stylishly shot and strongly written, throws a lot at the wall in the premiere.
  2. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Jul 1, 2013
    The series exists within its own ugly system, mining the by now tired convention of the thoughtful thug--the same idea that was so brilliantly subverted by more ambitious series, such as “The Sopranos” and “Breaking Bad.”
    There's something both frustrating and fascinating about the way Showtime's classy but surprisingly dull new drama Ray Donovan aspires to greatness.