• Network: ABC
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.3

1. nbc
    Jan 8, 2012
    Revenge is absolutely addicting. The two standout actors of the show are Emily VanCamp as Emily Thorne and Margarita Levieva as Amanda Clark. The perfect word to describe this show? Juicy.
  2. Sep 25, 2011
    I was skeptical about the show at first, but after finally giving in and watching the premiere, I was pleasantly surprised. It was well written and thought out and the actors really brought life to the characters.
  3. Sep 29, 2011
    My new guilty pleasure. Emily Van Camp at her finest with a killer script that keeps you on your toes. This is quickly becoming my favorite new fall show.
  4. Oct 7, 2012
    A show which is full of plot twists, great acting and characters. The brilliant ways on how the protagonist tries to get revenge, also a focus on a range of characters which storyline ties in the plot
  5. Sep 22, 2011
    Best new show of the season! Emily VanCamp and Madeleine Stowe doing a great job! I hope that this will be a hit show. All characters are well written and great story to go on for several seasons.
  6. Sep 26, 2011
    The best new show of the season! (it's absured that my review must be 150 characters when 32 characters says exactly what I want...............................)
  7. Oct 10, 2011
    At first glance, "Revenge" may have seemed to be a simple, frothy work made for a 10 pm time slot. I had definitely planned on checking it out, but I was not expecting to get sucked into all of its intricate plot twists and intertwined character backgrounds. The show is as rich and entertaining as the Hampton elitists portrayed by Revenge's talented cast. Frothy? Yes. But the show has substance, too; it can be just as deadly serious as it is playfully fun. Each week I await the next new episode, and I can already deem this my favorite new show of the 2011 Fall tv season. Expand
  8. Sep 21, 2011
    i love this show, so creaive, suspensful and emily vancamp is gorgious in her role.the characters are amazing and the story must be saw ! follow Revenge !!!!
  9. Sep 27, 2011
    One of the best new pilots of the season. Strong story, great acting, a protagonist who you can root for. Loads of drama, plenty of action, well written characters with depth. A mystery that will have you tuning in. This one is a recipe for success. ABC did good work here!
  10. Oct 3, 2011
    One of the few shows that seem very well thought out & written. Sometimes I think shows are planned week to week, but this one feels different & unpredictable. I have no clue how the story line can go past a season or two, but will be pleased to see how everything unfolds. Best show I have seen in a LONG TIME!!
  11. Oct 29, 2011
    The show started out a little bumpy but it has turned into one of the fall's most promising shows. It turned from a guiltu pleasure to plain pleasure.
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    I am Absolutely in Love with this show!! I count the days until the each next episode comes on! The actress who plays Emily is Awesome as is the rest of the cast. I love the plot its drama & even comedy at times. I really hope it gets picked up for a second season althought I'm not sure if Emily will have anyone else to destroy by then.
  13. Nov 15, 2011
    Best new show on TV! Every episode gets you more and more intrigued in its characters and in the story. Stowe and VanCamp are amazing! Wends nights do not come fast enough for me. REVENGE!!!!
  14. Nov 15, 2011
    I cannot even begin to describe how good this show is! I reccommend it to everyone, this is the break out series of the year. Revenge is addicting, its good fun, it has great acting and a chilling story! Revenge is best served cold or in this case on ABC Wend at 10!
  15. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I LOVE this show. Slightly implausible, but it doesn't matter. It's decadent fun: danger, romance & intrigue nestled in a lavish setting surrounded by a gorgeous and skilled acting team. I've adored Ms. VanCamp since the debut of "Everwood" and she gives us an Emily/Amanda that I almost hate to adore and root for, but I do. She has such brilliant subtlety in her delivery...her character is layered deliciously. Ms. Stowe is pure icy perfection. Her (Queen) Victoria's commanding presence could shatter most anything and anyone. NIck Wechsler is so wonderful....strong, gentle, compassionate, warm and to-die-for! Joshua Bowman is a new face to me. He is JFK, Jr. and I feel so badly for him (so far,) in exactly the same way I felt for McDreamy in the film, "Sweet Home, Alabama." If Emily changes her mind and sticks with him, it'll be ok. Daniel is a good guy, all-in-all, it seems...having turned his life around for the time being. Gabriel Mann is a hoot and Connor Paolo is so interesting, different and adorable. I was so thrilled to see Christa B. Allen as part of this cast. Our awkward 13-year-old has blossomed beautifully!! The plot is actually moving faster than I anticipated...I figured it would be a full season before anyone came close to figuring out who Ms. Thorne really is. I eagerly await this show each week and excited to try to figure out where our Hamptonites are headed. I guess I'm also a fan of Mike Kelley. I loved "Swingtown," too and look where that sadly ended up. "Revenge" will be around a lot longer, I hope. I see a lot of employees in that Grayson Industries photo. Expand
  16. Nov 16, 2011
    The best show on tv! Revenge only gets better and better with each episode that airs. Emily VanCamp plays Emily/Amanda with so much depth and Stowe is makes us love to hate Victoria. Revenge is a must watch for any TV fan!
  17. Nov 17, 2011
    Amazing show that just keeps on getting better and better, the acting is good, characters are multi dimensional, writing is clever, direction, cinematagraphy, etc are all top notch.
  18. Nov 18, 2011
    Everyone should give this show a chance! I was so surprised by the quality, it started out as a guilty pleasure that I was unsure of but with each episode I watched it kept on getting better and better. Along with Homeland, Once Upon a Time and American Horror story its the best TV drama of the year!
  19. Nov 19, 2011
    Its simply so good, it gets better and better, its dark edgy, soapy, a mix between the best of Dynasty and some of Dexter, its an enjoyable and incredible ride, I simply stay glued to the tv.
  20. Dec 14, 2011
    Right now this show probably has very high ratings but if what is supposed to be a new series has already began skipping weeks and showing old repeat episodes on demand you do the math. You begin to lose interest when the show doesn't go on.
  21. Dec 18, 2011
    The best new show of 2011. Emily VanCamp does an AMAZING job playing Emily Thorne (Amanda Clarke). She can make little micro-expressions in her face which, lets face it, not many actors and actresses can do. Each episode gets you more drawn into the series' characters and wanting to know what happens next. The show is really well written and the entire cast is really talented.
  22. Dec 27, 2011
    I think this is the best new show of the season! Madeleine Stowe does an amazing job of playing Victoria and I find the character of Nolan really interesting. I hope they go more into depth in his character. My favorite character is of course Amanda Clarke (Emily VanCamp). The show is written perfectly and the entire cast should be proud.
  23. scl
    Feb 28, 2012
    One of the best shows of the season! I just love the fact that this series always keep me nervous, and every episode I'm realizing that Revenge is making me addicted, well, is one of my favorites new fall 2011 show.
  24. Feb 28, 2012
    The best series to come out in a while, each chapter that happens is good and surprising, a chapter fast that not enough time to get bored, I wish to continue as good as before and do not give a bad spin on the story and the outcome.
  25. Apr 1, 2012
    Love Love Love Love. Has me on my seat every episode. It's an intense chat at work each week about what just happened and theories. Not to mention my mum and I are absolutely hooked!
  26. Apr 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ABC's new show is great. It's got a big potential to accomplish. The acting - great, the plot - twisted, tense, amazing, and the writing is "subtle". The show is a guilty pleasure, filled with twist, a great tool to relax and enjoy the revenge that Emily makes upon her targets. Despite the fact that it's drama, it is sometimes funny. Madeleine Stowe acts just great, and Emily Van Camp is so suitable for her role as Emily Thorne. For me, it's like a drug. I'm very satisfied with it and I can't wait for the next episodes. ABC's got the lucky strike and mustn't stop doing this show, not that it's planning to. Expand
  27. Apr 25, 2012
    A bit of background - I rarely have time to watch TV through the week, but when I stumble on something that is really enjoyable I start to record episodes to watch when I have time - but often these series get cancelled (Boston Legal, for example - a very, very clever example of writing and debating current topics) because the types of shows I find interesting apparently don't appeal to a broad audience... for example, I found absolutely nothing entertaining about Friends, but it lasted years - sorry to those who evidently supported it through all those years... it was so from clever it made the Flintstones seem sophisticated. (hmmm... I guess the Flintstones also lasted for years...)

When travelling last fall, one night at the hotel flipping channels and catching up on email I again stumbled onto initially what seemed like a visually interesting program - it turned out to be the pilot episode of Revenge part way through - the cloths and actors were great - all in shape, beautifully dressed. So I paused the channel flipping and went back to email - but the voices were clear and conveyed emotion without either yelling or fake laughter... and these voices didn't constantly repeat the same pitch over and over (see Friends). Finally, the voices became a real interruption for my email. (Believe me, I can work through most shows without interruption - but somehow in a hotel room, it's nice to have the TV on while working.)

Revenge is indeed a very clever show - but what makes it really work is the combination of the writing and superb directing - the actors/actresses are actually working their trade, much like stage productions. Each character truly expresses emotion - not slapstick stuff, but subtle conviction - and the sound recording is so well done, that you can actually hear these subtleties in their voices. Although I haven't seen all episodes this initial season (seems that my PVR didn't record many of them due to air-date scheduling changes), I do plan to buy the blue-ray so that I can watch them when I have time, without commercials.

I'm afraid though, that much like Boston Legal and other cleverly written shows, this one may not last as long as expected. I have suggested to some of my associates that they take a look - and unanimously, they say that it was a hard show to simply jump into mid-season and it sounds like they won't become fans of the show even though they all remarked how well it was filmed.

I suggest to the producers that they should strive to do two things - 1) re-run the first season as a marathon (say, every weekday at 9pm over a few weeks this summer) so that many that missed this 1st season can see the show and get captured by the power of the writing, and 2) price the season 1 blu-ray disk set at $10... get as many of these blu-ray sets out through retail before Season 2 launches - in this way, a broad audience will firmly form... assuming the top quality writing, acting, sound recording, and photography standards are maintained, this audience will become one of the most loyal any network can achieve in these media-competitive times. Revenge could then become a rare asset to the network.
  28. Jun 21, 2012
    The show is clever and interesting, full of twists and turns that no viewer could predict. If the second season is as great as the first, we're in for a treat. The acting is impeccable and every detail from costumes to scenery alludes the viewer to be deeply immersed in the world if Revenge
  29. Jul 19, 2012
    i absolutley love this show end off.
    it has such a good story line that i think it appeals to all the family, and i really love the actors, if im honest
  30. Aug 2, 2012
    The pre-season commercials for Revenge looked drab and dull to me, so I did not watch the series at first. Then, I saw commercials for it after a couple of episodes - and it looked good, so I indulged. To my surprise I found Revenge to be the best new show of the season without a doubt. In fact, it is the only new show that I watched for the entire season. The acting by Emily Van Camp, Madeline Stowe, and Gabriel Mann is superb and the plot twists keep you wanting more. To top it all off, Revenge had an epic season finale....100% drawing me in for season two, though I was hooked already. If you like interesting plot twists and this cast, you will LOVE the show. I would really give it a 9.8, but that's as close to perfect as I really rate anything! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Dec 8, 2011
    Revenge is too juicy to write off as junk. It's got strong performances, from actors who don't condescend to their flamboyant dialogue.
  2. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Oct 14, 2011
    The arrival of one pure and unadulterated drama about a passion as old as man is something to celebrate. That's particularly true when that drama is as spellbinding in its satisfyingly gaudy way, as Revenge turns out to be.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Sep 22, 2011
    Revenge might sound enjoyably soapy in the abstract, but its execution is problematic.