Rollergirls : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 2, 2006
7.1

1. chocolatewide3
    Mar 6, 2006
    this show is so funny i went to a game at it was so awful they should not call this rollerderby.
  2. GaryR
    Feb 14, 2006
    More so-called "reality" pulp.
  3. JerellP
    Jan 10, 2006
    Hot Women + Scripted Reality Show = Bad Television.
  4. Jason
    Jan 10, 2006
    Being from Texas, I've seen the Rollergirls in action and know a couple. On that note however, I'm really disappointed in this show. It doesn't seem very interesting and the plots and character development all seem pretty flat and 2 dimensional. Despite the tattoos and craziness (like teepeeing houses whoa) they almost come off as caricatures rather than interesting people. Being from Texas, I've seen the Rollergirls in action and know a couple. On that note however, I'm really disappointed in this show. It doesn't seem very interesting and the plots and character development all seem pretty flat and 2 dimensional. Despite the tattoos and craziness (like teepeeing houses whoa) they almost come off as caricatures rather than interesting people. I've heard more hipster-friendly country music in one episode than in my over 20 years of living here. What's with the editing too? In the first episode one of the announcers has a shaved head one minute than a full head of hair in the next? All in all I think it was a hard subject matter to make into a series to begin with and the creators fell short of the mark. Without a real deep look into the subjects all that is left is the novelty of rollerderby and that wears off after the first 10 minutes. Expand

''Rollergirls" is a colorful piece of reality TV.
  2. [An] unflinching and engaging look at the lives of a disparate group of women in their 20s and 30s whose share a love for this rough-and-tumble sport.
  3. A "heightened reality" show, one might call it, but one which makes its subject palpable and which, because it is made with care, lets you care too. It's the more artful portrait, paradoxically, that paints the truer picture.