Rubicon : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 13, 2010
8.1

1. Qwerty
    Aug 2, 2010
    Who has the patience to slog through this? Who cares?
  2. Aug 17, 2010
    I had high hopes for the show, and yet could only think of how it would follow in the foorsteps of every show that had been their and done it before.

With the same mystery plot, intregue, conspirancies that we have seen countless times before from Dean Koontz,Tom Clancy, Stephen King and James Patterson or from shows such as LOST ( god what a waste of space ), First Edition, John Doe ( yet another cancelled show leaving you hanging ) or even the X Files Rubicon does no more to the genre or TV than fill time until the rating season comes back.

The more I watch the more I see it sink into an excuse to get out of the house and take the dog for a walk.
  3. Sep 24, 2010
    I'm still trying to get into "Rubicon," but it seems unbearably slow. Also, the lighting and camera angles seemed better than average at first but then got old fast. Sort of like a film school grad trying out every noir-ish trick all at once. After several episodes I'm still pretty much convinced there is no plot - they're just going to keep hinting until they actually think of one. All weI'm still trying to get into "Rubicon," but it seems unbearably slow. Also, the lighting and camera angles seemed better than average at first but then got old fast. Sort of like a film school grad trying out every noir-ish trick all at once. After several episodes I'm still pretty much convinced there is no plot - they're just going to keep hinting until they actually think of one. All we know for certain is that everyone suspects everyone else and the agency director is an ass who talks with his mouth full.

It. Should. Not. Take. So. Long. To. Utter. Sentences.
  4. Dec 16, 2010
    After watching ALL 13 episodes I can only say that it was SO much work for SO meager returns. Awful. The sad thing is with such a cadre of fine actors much more could have been done. Horrible pace--it took me nine episodes to be fully engaged, and the wrap up was tepid, at best.

If you enjoy slowly piecing together a puzzle without having first seen the final image, Rubicon is right up your alley; if not, the brainteasing will likely unnerve you.
  2. It's a dull blend, a slow-moving mind-rot creeping on unsuspecting viewers.
    There are some great characterizations and attention to detail. If you stick with the series, you'll be treated to a lecture on the perfect briefcase by the droll Michael Cristopher that's worth the price of admission. And if you think your office banter is entertaining, try swapping in-jokes with the intelligence community.