Run's House : Season 1

Nov 4, 2005
    this is a GREAT show
  2. DOgDOg
    Mar 7, 2006
    This show is awful. The kids are annoying little brats and Run has to be the worse father in history.
  3. RolandE
    Jul 1, 2006
    Truly a blessing. I love your family, your spirit, and your passion. This is to me the real Cosby Show in real life. Rev. Ron you are a blessed man. What a wonderful family. 1 luv. Peace
  4. catinah
    Aug 7, 2006
    Run's House is very entertaining and fun. The show deals with real issues that all ages can relate too.I will stay tuned!
  5. MarieC
    Sep 1, 2006
    As a mother of 2, I look forward to watching this show with my children - 12 and 7 years of age. I cannot wait for this show to come on DVD.
  6. ladyapea
    Jan 14, 2007
    diggie is mine so don't even think about him if you are looking this you are so hot
  7. DaveD
    Apr 1, 2007
    Run is the worst actor on tv in the past 20 years
  8. Patty
    Oct 29, 2005
    I Love this show. It's about time the public gets the opportunity to see the positive side to a "real" black family. My husband and I grew up on RunDMC and we watch the show together every week. Our children are 3 and 1years old, so we are taking notes on how Rev. Run and his lovely wife handle situations. Thank you Rev. Run for being a positive black husband and father. Thank you I Love this show. It's about time the public gets the opportunity to see the positive side to a "real" black family. My husband and I grew up on RunDMC and we watch the show together every week. Our children are 3 and 1years old, so we are taking notes on how Rev. Run and his lovely wife handle situations. Thank you Rev. Run for being a positive black husband and father. Thank you for being you. May God continue to bless your family and may this show add a blessing to those who veiw it...it sure has for me. Expand
  9. MiaA
    Oct 29, 2005
    This show takes the 9 in my view. Its refreshing to finally see a show that doesn't snub "have nots" . Even though they obviously have money, the show is not based on their material possessions, but how they live as a family. Refreshing!
  10. TracyB
    Jan 25, 2006
    I loved every episode
  11. spongeee
    Feb 14, 2006
    Fake!
  12. michaels
    Jul 12, 2006
    I love this show especially how the daughters get along with their stepmom. 1 luv peace
  13. MichelleD
    Jul 14, 2006
    This show rocks!!! Yeah it doesn't have the drama and dysfunction of the other reality shows but its a welcome change from your typical trash. A throw back to the Cosby's maybe, but really who didn't love Cliff and the gang. This family has some substance for once and I appauld Rev Run for raising some fantastic kids!!!!!
  14. JadeA
    Jul 21, 2006
    Great mix of wealth, family, religion and urban culture. This is Cosby on steroids!
  15. marcusp
    Jul 26, 2006
    Runs house is the most intresting ,funny and touching reality show thats out today
  16. natayrun
    Jul 7, 2006
    i love this show its is my favorite i love diggy he is my man and all of you other chicks back up cause thats my man
  17. shelbyl
    Aug 1, 2006
    Diggy is SO hot..i love your show.it is thee best.
  18. NataliaA
    Aug 1, 2006
    I love Run's House because its a really funny show. But I have to be honest I mostly only watch it beacuse i think that Diggy is really CUTE!!! I LUV U DIGGY!!!
  19. 8bazooka
    Aug 13, 2006
    Rev is as dumb as a box of rocks. He is using the religion angle as a tax break. His kids are spoiled monsters. His wife is a fat pig who seems to have spent to many hours under the hair dryer. I think it melted her brain.
  20. norahh
    Aug 5, 2006
    if i could give this show a 10.5 out of 10 i would. this show is hella tight!!! this is the best thing MTV has offered its audience in 10 years! after shoving junk down our throats, like the totally unexplainable "osbournes", its refreshing to turn on the tv and see justine's beautiful face, the gorgeous angela and vanessa, their hottie/talented brother jojo and the adorable diggy if i could give this show a 10.5 out of 10 i would. this show is hella tight!!! this is the best thing MTV has offered its audience in 10 years! after shoving junk down our throats, like the totally unexplainable "osbournes", its refreshing to turn on the tv and see justine's beautiful face, the gorgeous angela and vanessa, their hottie/talented brother jojo and the adorable diggy and russy.as for the rev...he is as fly as ever! while the osbounes showed a family living in a dirty house, kids cursing at their parents and the parents neglecting the kids as well as the pets, this show is filled with sweetness and light and is truly inspirational. thursday nights are so much fun nowadays. this show needs to come out on dvd soon. Expand
  21. renatab
    Sep 27, 2006
    I love Run's house and hope that the show continues... It is so funny and real.. I think they are a great family
  22. SymoneB
    Sep 27, 2006
    I love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... oh my gosh i love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  23. TanyaB
    Sep 28, 2006
    I really enjoy watching this show. Finally a show that most average people can relate too. My prayers goes out to the family during this trying time of lost for the child.
  24. brakias
    Jan 17, 2007
    Diggy is my man so yall triks vetta watch ya comments unless ya wanna get cybercut!!!!!!!!!!!!stop stalkin my freaking hubby
  25. SamanthaD
    Mar 24, 2007
    I Love The show!!!!!!!!!!! The show makes me laugh and I Love it so much!!!!!!!
  26. jamesj
    Apr 13, 2007
    i love this show becouse what there is talking about is true
  27. keyb
    May 10, 2007
    i love this show and the people who are in it.they all are so beautiful,especially Diggy and Russy!
  28. billconner
    May 19, 2007
    rev ron i love your show,i just love your family ist all good.let me say that i am praying for your family with the lost of the baby.your wife is a great lady.just keep it real like always. william from HOUSTON,TEXAS.
  29. JadaD
    May 2, 2007
    OMG!!! Diggy is my fav.! He is sooooo cuteeeee!!!!
  30. diamondb
    May 26, 2007
    this is the best show in the world! russy is the best, keep doing ur thing run, jess you r beautiful! 1 last thing adopt me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  31. CONNIEL
    May 7, 2007
    the show is so funny and i enjoy seeing how the rich leave. the kids act like my kids i enjoy watching this show i give it two thumbs up!!!! i wish that i was them they get the good life. i like knowing what they do everyday with there life.
  32. MattieJ.
    Jun 17, 2007
    this is one of the best family shows on tv it gives yoong adults on how to live their life so many never don't know how a family should be.....
  33. JoshT
    Jun 28, 2007
    This show is terrible. Scenes are perfectly blocked so that each character in a room is on camera, and their body language gives away the fact that they were posed. There's even some waterworks on cue. It's a moving catalog with Daddy as cash machine. that has a lame consumerism-as-reward message.
  34. leondrar.
    Jul 9, 2007
    Love those kids and I love this show
  35. andrewp.
    Aug 2, 2007
    he is the best father on the earth
  36. LeslieW.
    Sep 4, 2007
    i luv rev. run and his family. i don't agree with some of the decisions they make for their kids, but parenting is about trial and error. yes, the kids are spoiled and that's okay. if you're able to provide for you family and have them want for nothing, then that's what you should do. i do agree that they should know the value of a dollar and run doesn't spend all i luv rev. run and his family. i don't agree with some of the decisions they make for their kids, but parenting is about trial and error. yes, the kids are spoiled and that's okay. if you're able to provide for you family and have them want for nothing, then that's what you should do. i do agree that they should know the value of a dollar and run doesn't spend all his money on worthless things. he has the money, why not spend it and splurge once in awhile for what his family wants. by the kids watching their parents and uncle russell, they will be business minded and have their own instead of working for someone else. the whole simmons family is about business and if they weren't it would be proven because they wouldn't have what they have today. all families aren't perfect, so for those that think rev. is a bad father, have you taken a look in the mirror? Expand
  37. KianaR.
    Sep 8, 2007
    Great show very family oriented. Shows how important family values are.
  38. TiresaB.
    Jan 3, 2008
    First of all, just wanted to say that I enjoy looking at this show with my husband and my daughter. People are entitled to their opinion concerning the show, but to start calling people things outside of their names is very immature and you need to grow up! Regardless of what you think of Rev. Run he is still a man of God and you have to be very careful what you say about him and his family.
  39. ValerieJ
    Feb 24, 2008
    This show is the best. My kids don't even want to miss the re-runs. Can't wait for the new episode.
  40. SonjaJ
    Nov 12, 2005
    I love it, I love it! This is one of my favorite show. I feel like I know Ron and his family. His wife is very funny and she just cracks me up. I tell my sweetheart all the time that I love watching this show. I will make it my business to be at home and posted up in the bed, ready to watch Ron's House. Keep this show on as long as you can!
  41. CarmenT
    Nov 13, 2005
    I really enjoy watching this show with my daughter. This show provides life issues of a normal middle class family. I LOVE THIS SHOW!
  42. willemS
    Nov 24, 2005
    this show is a wonderful show...i remember watching the very first episode...i knew i would be hooked sinced then, most people want big fights and drama in a show to luv it....which is good...but this one is a catch ...they do have drama..but in a civil fashion.....tight show
  43. EloiP.
    Oct 13, 2005
    The first episode felt like an episode of "My Super Sweet 16." Why do these girls who ask for 300,000 dollar birthday parties ask, "Am I spoiled... I don't think I'm spoiled." Yeah, you are. The reverend's gonna need a bigger collection plate to sustain that spending.
  44. TeeW
    Nov 4, 2005
    I love the show. Why is it when we have a black family who represents values and ethics... The critics say its not good or just another show. I hope it stays as long as the others did
  45. HollieJ
    Oct 14, 2005
    Ron's parenting approach and his love for his family is a breath of fresh air compared to the "other" family reality shows. Finally a tv figure who's doing and living it the right way.
  46. GeorgiaM
    Oct 14, 2005
    The show is refreshingly positive. His children are reared well. I like the fact Run showed you didn't have to spend mega bucks to have a good ole' party. I like the fact he rewarded Angela for doing an excellent job. "The best reality show on MTV - can't wait for more"
  47. FeliciaW
    Oct 14, 2005
    I feel the first night of the show was all right and if some think it is boring then that's what you get for being nosey. This is a reality show about Run's family and if his daughter is having a party thrown for her during taping then thats the reality. Duh!! Unlike Ozzy you can at least understand what Run is talking about
  48. ShaylaG
    Oct 14, 2005
    I loved this show! It was 2005 meets 1985... Cosby's becomes Reality TV. It's hysterical, positive and just plain fun to watch. It's a feel good show that allowed a peek into the lives of a wealthy, grounded and loving African-American family. I'll definitely be tuning in next week.
  49. LTKendrick
    Oct 14, 2005
    I loved it. Rev. Run is a great guy and parent. I love the way he handles his kids and loves his way.
  50. AngelaP
    Nov 5, 2005
    Alright, and way to go Run family!!! Man I cant wait to get married and have a family (even thou I am already 37) I love this family. Everyone on this show would be what i want in my own family. To Run and his wife, well done in staying together, and raising a respectable family. You remind me of another Cobsy. I never watch MTV i was channel flicking and cant get enough of this show. Alright, and way to go Run family!!! Man I cant wait to get married and have a family (even thou I am already 37) I love this family. Everyone on this show would be what i want in my own family. To Run and his wife, well done in staying together, and raising a respectable family. You remind me of another Cobsy. I never watch MTV i was channel flicking and cant get enough of this show. Thank you Mr. and Mrs Run for letting us in you home, and giving us ideals for our own life. Expand
  51. CherylC
    Oct 16, 2005
    I am a 47 year old mother of 18 and 17 year olds. My daughter and I watched it together and really enjoyed the show, cannot wait until next weeks episode. It was refreshing to see people with money actually show us family values. They were actually at their children's party and monitoring the activities something I would do and have done. I loved his expressions when they were trying I am a 47 year old mother of 18 and 17 year olds. My daughter and I watched it together and really enjoyed the show, cannot wait until next weeks episode. It was refreshing to see people with money actually show us family values. They were actually at their children's party and monitoring the activities something I would do and have done. I loved his expressions when they were trying to take the teen party to an OPRAH level. Great Show! Expand
  52. PascalL
    Oct 17, 2005
    This show has no grasp of reality.
  53. Netta
    Oct 17, 2005
    I enjoyed the show very much and can't wait for the next episode!
  54. aprilh
    Oct 18, 2005
    best family oriented show in a very long time, they strike me as the hip-hop huxtables, I know that may sound cheesy but they do. The first episode only left me wanting more, and I can't wait for the next episode.
  55. KishaS
    Oct 19, 2005
    I enjoyed the show. I watched a replay with some family that convinced me that it was hilarious. And by the end of the show, I agreed. It's refreshing to see something other than sex, violence, gang-bangin' and money slangin'. I will be tuning in for the next episode.
  56. reinah
    Funny show...
  57. priveee
    Absolutely love it!
  58. wildwest
    Oct 22, 2005
    hillarious, To all the people who didnt like this show, I dont meen to diss you but this show is frickin awesome.
  59. RonP
    Oct 22, 2005
    It's great to see a wealthy family that doesn't focus on how much money they can spend to show the world how rich they are. They are closely knit and the father is an active figure in the household. Please show more TV like this. Kids today need to know how a good family structure can be.
  60. ReReL
    Dec 26, 2005
    Luv!!! This show. Ahhh I wish my family was like that!!!
  61. mark
    Oct 25, 2005
    Seems staged, and it's just another reality show thrown in the mix.
  62. LolitaT
    Dec 5, 2005
    I love this show. It is a family show that stresses the importance of family values, something that is really missing in today's television choices. This is the modern day Cosby Show.
  63. anthonyl
    Dec 5, 2005
    i think that this show is cool and i want this show to come out on DVD
  64. michelleh
    Nov 14, 2006
    i don't where the kids go to school but i definetly feel that there speech could be inproved. as for run and his wife he is always putting her down and correcting her is she stupid . i think not but why is she acting as if she is . i can't compare you to the cosby show because that was a sitcom .but if this is your reality you need to go to church more often show some charity . i don't where the kids go to school but i definetly feel that there speech could be inproved. as for run and his wife he is always putting her down and correcting her is she stupid . i think not but why is she acting as if she is . i can't compare you to the cosby show because that was a sitcom .but if this is your reality you need to go to church more often show some charity . i still believe in the more you grow the more you owe. Expand
  65. Carla
    Nov 20, 2006
    I really like the show i recently started watching it so i can only make a few comments. First I would like to say his children are spoiled, his wife seem to thinks she can have anything she wants also but god showed her different. I also noticed his first wife is living like a bum, I mean damm didn't she get anything out the deal after all she is the mother of his children also.
  66. erickag
    Oct 13, 2006
    omg lovet he show wish i was u
  67. gwendolyng
    Oct 19, 2006
    i love runs house and can not wait until next season
  68. AshleyJ
    Oct 7, 2006
    This show is crazy. It's realistic too. He's kids is NOT spoiled. Maybe Diggy but no. And what ya'll mean they ugly? They are not ugly. Rev. Run is a good dad. Ya'll just stuck on the Cosbie show and think that's how life is supposed to be. Sorri but Run's House is the closest reality t.v. has gotten to reality in a long time.
  69. deborahs
    Apr 14, 2006
    keep praising God no matter what.Deliver the message that we all need to know.God bless you and your family.
  70. BobbyeM.
    Jun 13, 2006
    This show relates to how a house is really "Run." Having your kids damaging your house and cars like "Vive La Bam" is not true living! Having your kids curse you out while your wife has a food fight with the neighbors like "The Osbourne's" is not real! "Run's House" shows how a prosperous, religious African American Family should live. It stays true, therefore it's truly great.
  71. KaityC
    Jun 17, 2006
    I love Rev. Run and the family. The show is awesome. I like how it is funny, and you always learn something from the family. I also like how they work as a family. I love it.
  72. Jessica
    Jun 28, 2006
    I like it because it is very funny and I like the people. Diggy is my favorite!
  73. ritchie
    Jun 29, 2006
    mna i look at your show all the time i love
  74. GabrielS
    Jun 6, 2006
    Terrible. Boring. Lame.
  75. Shanti
    Jul 17, 2006
    I LOVE DIGGY i live closer to him and hopefully soon my last name is going to be Simmons. Diggy I hope u read what I'm saying i love u Daniel or diggy which ever one u like to be called by. love ya bye my favorite fammily [Simmons].
  76. LionqueenH
    Jul 17, 2006
    is this show for real?i think Run is making a mockery of religion.it proves that anybody can be ordained a minister.what is his religion?the family is trying to be like the family on the Cosby Show and they are not.who is this Bishop Jordan?Remember it was the public that made them rich by buying their products.All of them are spoiled!!!This show is really ridiculous!!!!
  77. cheriseb
    Jul 21, 2006
    I would have given this show a 10. I do not like the Run's wife. she talks like a child and acts like a baby. Run could do so much better. she is ruining the show. she just does not get it, she needs to stop eating so much and spending so much money.she needs to listen to her husband. i love Run and the kids, Run is the reason why i watch the show, and each week his wife says or does I would have given this show a 10. I do not like the Run's wife. she talks like a child and acts like a baby. Run could do so much better. she is ruining the show. she just does not get it, she needs to stop eating so much and spending so much money.she needs to listen to her husband. i love Run and the kids, Run is the reason why i watch the show, and each week his wife says or does something that makes me wonder why he is married to her. She needs to grow up! Expand
  78. DevinC
    Jul 20, 2006
    I love the show. I Tivo it every week. Screw the critics what do they know. The critics are just mad because a functional Black family is on TV. NOT all Blacks are dysfunctional. I'm glad there is a Black show, with Black people and their not fitting into the regular stereotypes. Runs House Rocks!
  79. Nic
    Jul 22, 2006
    I love this show I do not think they are trying to be the next Cosby show. I think they are a Black American family the only difference is that they are rich. I am glad to see it every thursday and I tivo it when I am not home. So people stop hatin on this show.
  80. tenees
    Jul 26, 2006
    shanti and natay run he is mine and my cousins guy so stay back cause he ours and he sexy peace
  81. Crazzzeb
    Aug 13, 2006
    Rev is way to fat, bald, and dumb to have a tv show. His kids have to be some of the ugliest still births around. The only good part is when they show russell simmons. He knows what he is doing
  82. MissThrash
    Aug 19, 2006
    I love this show. Rev Run is still as cool as he ever was, but him and his family show a classy side that plays well. Comparing it to the other crud MTV has to offer, it's like day and night. It's amazing that it is on MTV, but hey I'll take what I can get. Hope it comes out on DVD soon. Love the entire family.
  83. natays
    Aug 20, 2006
    you know what teene and your cousin back off becuse diggy or should i say daneil is my man we are married so you betta back up just cause you mad cause im with him he dont want you sorry honey and sorry diggy that im fighting with this chick but im just tring to tell them your all mine well by not tring to be rude teene but hes mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  84. LeslieF
    Aug 22, 2006
    I think the show is great! I just love this family. I wish I could spend the day with them. To all of the people who gave this show a 0-5 rating. You should be ashamed of yourselves for the comments that you made.
  85. BenitaH
    Aug 28, 2006
    I like Justine
  86. CiaraO
    Aug 9, 2006
    Diggy is soooooooooooooo cute and funny! He's my favorite character in Run's House.
  87. KellyM
    Sep 11, 2006
    Great entertainment of a family with different personalities,happy and no drug corruption between them
  88. tomecolec
    Sep 1, 2006
    It would nice to see the family in a church setting or something more serious like the cosby's. Just a thought!
  89. naijhah
    Jan 14, 2007
    i love this show i mean i watch it all the time it come on
  90. DaisyN
    Jan 26, 2007
    Diggy is so fine. i'll never meet him, but i think we would make a cute couple. the show is funny especially Diggy when he acts like Micheal Jackseon or when Russy takes care of Pal
  91. LaVaunB
    Feb 14, 2007
    Hey yall diggy is sexy sexy By:Erin B
  92. crystalw
    Mar 26, 2007
    i luv this show!!!!!!!!!!!! ron is entertaining and loveable. great family!!! can't wait for the new season. to me the show teaches great family values. i wish ron and his wife were my parents cause of the luvof the give their kids.
  93. georgiab
    Apr 30, 2007
    I love this show. I love his kids and wife. I love their values. These are the values that I came from and most black families are raise this way. Very hard-working god -fearing people.
  94. shalleesem
    May 15, 2007
    This is the best show I ever seen
  95. RunS.
    May 28, 2007
    Run's House is horrible. He is nothing but a workhorse for his spoiled family. Watching this show really pointed out how much of a slave men are in this society to women. Diggy is ugly with that yellow face, that jerry curl, and those braces. So are his two brothers. Run does not owe his ex anything if she lives in a hovel that is HER problem. Run already spoils his nearly grown Run's House is horrible. He is nothing but a workhorse for his spoiled family. Watching this show really pointed out how much of a slave men are in this society to women. Diggy is ugly with that yellow face, that jerry curl, and those braces. So are his two brothers. Run does not owe his ex anything if she lives in a hovel that is HER problem. Run already spoils his nearly grown kids--and a grown woman(Justine)--he should not have to spoil his ex as well. Run needs to get some heart and tell his children and his wife to get jobs. Making shoes with DADDY's company is not much of an accomplishment at all. Sorry Run's house is for kids that don't understand life. Expand
  96. CrazieL.
    Aug 10, 2008
    This show is retarded the children are spoiled and they dont even do anything especially jo jo he is ungrateful and selfish and too cocky he always want some money but isnt doing really anything to earn it he is irrisponsible along with angela , she is childish with jo jo but vanessa is right for her age it seems like she is 26 yrs old by the way she act and diggy is ugly with angela and This show is retarded the children are spoiled and they dont even do anything especially jo jo he is ungrateful and selfish and too cocky he always want some money but isnt doing really anything to earn it he is irrisponsible along with angela , she is childish with jo jo but vanessa is right for her age it seems like she is 26 yrs old by the way she act and diggy is ugly with angela and jo jo russy isnt cute either justine is pretty and vanessa is very pretty also the new baby is real cute the children need dicipline you always give them what they want but ever thought of just giving your kids what they need this show needs improvement bc it sucks and idc if anybody disagrees with this really you might not care what i think but i also don't care what you think. Expand
    Nov 11, 2005
    i look forward to watching it week after week and i canNOT stop laughing throughout the whole thing.
  98. AlexC
    Nov 13, 2005
    I saw this show for the first time this weekend. I fell in love with this family. Those critics are always a mess! Don't trust them. This is a positively good show. I stopped watching MTV years ago, but I will be watching Run's House! Way to go Joey and Jus!
  99. RhodneyW
    Nov 22, 2005
    This the most fun I've had wacthing TV in a long time! My family and I love this show.
  100. nakeitae
    Nov 5, 2005
    It's a very good show to watch, very possitive.

1. While watching Ozzy and Sharon was like peeking in on real-life Munsters, Run's House plays more like Full House--and feels just as dated. [14 Oct 2005, p.142]
  2. Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    This is pretty tedious viewing.
    The show's traditional approach explains its appeal as well as its limits.