Saving Grace : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
5.1

1. CathyK
    Dec 19, 2007
    I wanted so bad to like this show because I love HH, and I will continue to watch it, but it is so shallow. The writers never take time to develop either the personal spiritual journey of Grace or the criminal cases; so as a result, both suffer. The spiritual journey is by far more interesting than the mundane crime solving storylines. And, what's up with last night's line of I wanted so bad to like this show because I love HH, and I will continue to watch it, but it is so shallow. The writers never take time to develop either the personal spiritual journey of Grace or the criminal cases; so as a result, both suffer. The spiritual journey is by far more interesting than the mundane crime solving storylines. And, what's up with last night's line of her asking a dog if he was God? Please, people, just because it's God spelled backward doesn't mean you have to be so hard up that you make it part of the script. Collapse
  2. LelandK
    Jul 31, 2007
    Hunter is swearing, drug addicted, slutty cop who we can't root for.
  3. VP
    Aug 20, 2007
    Follows the Law and Order formula. Has a good ol' boy angel, with too little message and too little screentime. If it is entertainment it is inconsistently written. On the one hand it uses sex to get guys' attention (except for the millions of girls who like seeing Holly Hunter naked), but instead of selling cars, we are sold a forgettable, hollow mystery "plot". It's not a Follows the Law and Order formula. Has a good ol' boy angel, with too little message and too little screentime. If it is entertainment it is inconsistently written. On the one hand it uses sex to get guys' attention (except for the millions of girls who like seeing Holly Hunter naked), but instead of selling cars, we are sold a forgettable, hollow mystery "plot". It's not a good idea to mix too much sex into a thinking story, because guys will miss the point of the story. All I can remember from the message of tonight's tale is that there is such a thing as compassion sex. So if I have a cat and it dies, and I am depressed (yep, been there) a stunningly beautiful and intelligent female coworker will have compassion sex with me. Except compassion sex won't bring my cat back to life, which is why I'm depressed in the first place. Compassion sex won't give me amnesia so I forget about the cat. Compassion sex will keep ugly guys (like the guy who did Holly) watching the show and convincing their girlfriends that compassion sex is the way to please them. Expand
  4. LindaG.
    Sep 8, 2007
    Love Laura SanGiacomo, and Holly Hunter, but the material is just downright awful!
  5. EvanG
    Jul 31, 2007
    Holly Hunter does a good job, but the guardian angel subplot is abysmal. The "hick angel" has been done to death, and it was only ever entertaining for the surprise factor. Now it's just painful. And the idea that you can screw up, kill a man through reckless negligence, and then have an angel come down and make it all better... it's not that easy.
  6. DebbieF
    Jul 30, 2007
    Let's save Earl and let the rest of the show continue on their chosen path. Earl.........you got a 10, but for God's sake.........you've gotta hang with a better crowd. Some things just aren't worth saving.
  7. JJJ.
    Aug 17, 2007
    The real problem with this show is that Grace works too hard to be a bada$$ - you know, it's just not believable to me. It's not that a woman can't be tough - she can - but as much as I love Holly Hunter, it just seems like both she and her character are acting on steroids.
  8. JaniceJ.
    Sep 14, 2007
    THIS SHOW IS PAINFUL TO WATCH....too much of Holly - not enough story line.
  9. LynneP
    Jul 26, 2007
    I don't want sex, booze, smoking, god and a swigging alcoholic angel for my entertainment. I looked forward to this show but once was too much.
  10. CraigK
    Sep 13, 2007
    Hunter does a great job playing Grace, however Grace is not someone that I want to spend time watching.
  11. LJ
    Jul 29, 2007
    I gave it 1 for potential...and 0 for results. Interesting how godless people see God. I bet God would laugh at this show if he/she/it wasn't already crying. (Did I cover the God thing PC enough for you all?)
  12. heavent.
    Aug 8, 2007
    corny, nerve.wracking
  13. LindaN.
    Jul 25, 2007
    I did not get beyond the opening scene because it was offensive. I thought "I'm not going to watch this trash" and turned off my t.v. I had hopes that this show would be worth watching - it is not.
  14. KenC
    Mar 17, 2009
    Disappointing! Holly Hunter is a good actress trying to push some sort of mythical envelope. I would hate to see any of the characters in this show try to deal with any criminal activity anywhere. If the Oklahoma City Police Department is anything like this bunch of oversexed, self-destructive characters then God help Oklahoma City.
  15. WilliamM
    Jul 25, 2007
    I would love to be positive about this show since Holly Hunter is so good and the nitty gritty atmosphere is so appealing. However, the christian religous framework is offensive for a non-christian. Is this the effect of 8 years of quasi-theocratic government. Are we required to put up with angels, gods and Jesus in the middle of our cops and robber shows? Is TNT part of the 700 Club? I would love to be positive about this show since Holly Hunter is so good and the nitty gritty atmosphere is so appealing. However, the christian religous framework is offensive for a non-christian. Is this the effect of 8 years of quasi-theocratic government. Are we required to put up with angels, gods and Jesus in the middle of our cops and robber shows? Is TNT part of the 700 Club? Maybe it will get better but I won't watch after the first show. Expand
  16. td
    Jul 26, 2007
    I love Holly Hunter, but I found the opening scene pffensive and turned it off. But the most offensive thing about the show is that people think it's Christian.
  17. DJ
    Jul 26, 2007
    If this show makes it through two seasons, I'll convert!
  18. JasonS
    Smut.
  19. JaneK
    Aug 5, 2007
    I almost liked it enough to consider watching it again, until Earl told Grace that sex, drinking, and swearing will send her to hell. What a load of paternalistic, condescending crap. I won't be watching again. Too bad, because Holly Hunter and Laura San Giacomo are favorites.
  20. EllenB
    Jul 26, 2007
    If I want a sermon, I'll go to church. If I want a message, I'll go to Western Union. If I want great TV writing, with great acting to boot, I'll watch Friday Night Lights. Do the writers of this kind of dreck ever follow their own arguments to their logical conclusions? If a Guardian Angel ever appeared to me to tell me to mend my wicked ways, I'd remind him of a If I want a sermon, I'll go to church. If I want a message, I'll go to Western Union. If I want great TV writing, with great acting to boot, I'll watch Friday Night Lights. Do the writers of this kind of dreck ever follow their own arguments to their logical conclusions? If a Guardian Angel ever appeared to me to tell me to mend my wicked ways, I'd remind him of a passage in the bible that says we should be more concerned with the beam in our own eyes rather than with the mote in the eyes of our neighbor. In other words, no amount of drinking, cursing and fornication should rate even a milli-second of God's time or attention while children are dying in Darfur, while 6 million died in the Holocaust, while children go hungry to bed the world over, while global warming is threatening to end all life on this planet as we know it. In other words, we're a long, long way past where we find the idea of an angel helping a single individual worth watching. GA's ain't cute, ain't interesting and, in this day and age, ain't even relevant. TNT - gimme a break! And Holly Hunter - you should have known better than to cast your acting pearls before this very swiny schlock fest. That would be a Thumb's Down. Way down. :( Expand
  21. ChrisC
    Jul 31, 2007
    I'm a native of Oklahoma, so don't expected an unbiased viewpoint. That said I was sad to see my home state reduced to cliched stereotypes. Cowboys, Indians, football fanatics, cattleranchers and rednecks -- it's true these are all in Oklahoma but the show portrayed them all as one dimensional caractures of people. Holly Hunter was the only character with any dimension.
  22. ScottM.
    Aug 27, 2007
    An entertainless mess of a show. A true "The Closer" wannabe! And what happened to her Face?? She's alabaster from the neck up. Forced to get a face lift just to get on tv. this show tries to hard and is utterly unbelievable. why watch a show when you can't stand the main character?
  23. PatC.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Not my favorite show this year. The closer is much better. Heartland is much better, also. There's been too much hype on this show. They said it was #1 rated cable show before it even came out. It was a big disappointments to me. Won't be watching.

1. The main reason to watch can only be Holly Hunter.... Although she's a prisoner of the material, her performance is so good that it can distract you from this otherwise simplistic take on a complex issue.
  2. It relies on intelligence and resourcefulness rather than divine providence.
    Hunter is so good that she may save this erratic show.