• Network: Bravo
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 11, 2012
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
4.6

1. Apr 23, 2012
    I think Shahs of Sunset is a great show, and itâ
  2. Jan 20, 2013
    At first i didn't like it that much. Now I won't miss any episode of it. It's the story of persian-americans in their thirty and forties (and twenties) who party hard and work smart and hard as well. I have learned some stuff from it. It is a little non-american since i don't see the usage of drugs in it ! which is good. In real life in these parties across america pot is the center pieceAt first i didn't like it that much. Now I won't miss any episode of it. It's the story of persian-americans in their thirty and forties (and twenties) who party hard and work smart and hard as well. I have learned some stuff from it. It is a little non-american since i don't see the usage of drugs in it ! which is good. In real life in these parties across america pot is the center piece of these gathering. I like to see more shows like this. Reza born to a muslim mom and a jew dad has a lot to offer beside proving to the iranian president that "there are gay iranians indeed!" and beside the fact that some gays are smarter than the average.But pushing to help to heal the differences between muslims and jews. Life should not have any boundaries. Expand
  3. Apr 5, 2012
    Real hallarious, different and funny show, I am totally addicted now. I was a Beverly Hills House Wife loyal viewer, actually still am, but can't wait for every Sunday for Shahs of Sunset. Highly recommended.
  4. Mar 19, 2012
    its OK not an extremely good show but promises loads of Drama. Many of the characters are unlikable at this point but I think it holds promise! as far as the representation of Persian armericans go no reality show has been praised for being a true representation at least no successful one!
  5. Mar 11, 2012
    Shah's should not be taken at face value. It is a show that is meant to portray its own ridiculousness. It is in no way different from House wives of Beverly hills or Jersey Shore, and it certainty is tamer. People should look at it for comedic entertainment, not a deeper meaning. This way, they can truly be entertained.
  6. Mar 27, 2012
    I'm a Persian who's grown up in the culture but never been to Iran. I saw the first two episodes and I see both sides of it. I think Shahs of Sunset is not trying to represent the Persians, same way Jersey Shore isn't trying to illustrate the Italians. It's just a reality tv show, what more can one expect? I think the plus side of it is that it is giving a different (not better; justI'm a Persian who's grown up in the culture but never been to Iran. I saw the first two episodes and I see both sides of it. I think Shahs of Sunset is not trying to represent the Persians, same way Jersey Shore isn't trying to illustrate the Italians. It's just a reality tv show, what more can one expect? I think the plus side of it is that it is giving a different (not better; just different) perspective of Persians. Even once I heard one of the characters say "not all persians are materialistic" and another one had said something along the lines of " since when does religion matter, we have all sorts of persians, bahais, muslims, jewish, christians, all of them" and that's a true point. Without a doubt some of them are spoiled, and sound snobby, but that's not where people should focus. It should be viewed as a comic approach on their lives, not yours, and not mine. Personally, when I watch it, I actually find some parts hilarious. Life's too short to take it offensively. If it's offensive; don't watch it. I found 300 way more offensive than this. One thing that worries me, is that people create new stereotypes. But then again, not like the stereotypes they have now is any better. As if the media would ever show us as normal people; even if they did, who would watch that on tv? I know I wouldn't watch a reality tv show if it was about people who are living a similar life as my own! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Mar 12, 2012
    Their ostentatiousness is more off-putting than aspirational and, frankly, it feels deliberately exaggerated for the camera's benefit.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Mar 12, 2012
    Though a stray remark of substance here and there escapes into the narrative, the six-part series, which premieres Sunday, has nothing much serious on its mind.
  3. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Mar 12, 2012
    While obnoxious luxury is always watchable, the show is lazily cookie-cutter. [19 Mar 2012, p.42]