• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 9, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 8
8.6

1. May 5, 2014
    An excellent series, really delusional and often shocking with its moments of disaster.

A series without taboo and a scenario that is not afraid to go as far as possible and to present some form of "galley of everyday life" that many people live and you can clearly see all come out of difficulty of life point the tip of his nose.

A series really very involved.
  2. Jan 15, 2014
    I think this Show is amazing. To be honest the first season was average, the second one was way better but still not as good as the third one, which in my opinion was amazing, specially the last few episodes.
    This Show is way to underrated, specially the cast is so raw and fresh. William H. Macy is perfect in his role as Frank, so is Fiona ( Emmy Rossum ), not to Forget the wonderful Joan Cusock as Sheila.
    I also like watching the Young actors playing so wonderful.
    I am looking Forward to another amazing season of shameless.
  3. Sep 25, 2013
    Very entertaining series that mixes drama with funny situations. I hope to continue with many more seasons, like Shemless UK, which has 11 seasons.
    William H. Macy, plays a great performance playing the drug addict and alcoholic Frank Gallagher
  4. Apr 25, 2013
    Shameless Us is so awesome ...Funny sad and weird moments are balanced pretty well....Maybe a little too much sexy scenes I recommend everyone to try to watch at least first 3 episodes and then decide to continue or not... It really is a good tv show hope they don't cancel it or something
  5. Apr 11, 2013
    W H Macy drives this essential piece of television viewing surrounded by an excellent ensemble cast. I think it's hugely underrated, amazingly funny, ferociously energetic yet quietly poignant too.
  6. Apr 1, 2012
    William H. Macy is a truly great actor. For anyone who ever seen in the movie, "Door To Door", or, ":Fargo", you can appreciate the amazing range and depth of his talent. But there are other great and budding starts on this show too. At times the action is so fast I need to do a digital rewind to keep up, but I like it that way. Never a dull moment and nothing drags. And theWilliam H. Macy is a truly great actor. For anyone who ever seen in the movie, "Door To Door", or, ":Fargo", you can appreciate the amazing range and depth of his talent. But there are other great and budding starts on this show too. At times the action is so fast I need to do a digital rewind to keep up, but I like it that way. Never a dull moment and nothing drags. And the characters in this show are very real sometimes almost too much so. Really intense at times. This is another series that helps me understand another side of our nation's cultural fabric.

At times it is rough but it shows how some people undoubtedly really live. There are times I am completely grossed out but laughing at the same time. The broadcast networks really have their hands tied their backs in that department. Shameless is not a series for everyone, but for those who enjoy their entertainment a little on the wild side with real and sometimes brutally honest human emotions exploding all over the place its worth a shot.
  7. Feb 18, 2012
    Shameless never seems to amaze me. Just when I thought I saw the best episode yet, the next sunday it would be outdone. I give this a 9 and recommend it to all of my friends, no-one is yet to say they dont like it.
  8. Feb 7, 2012
    This show is wicked fun. It is a black comedy with lots of heart and great characters about a very unconventional family sired by a man (William H. Macy) who is truly in every sense of the word "shameless."
  9. Jan 27, 2012
    Just the rebound lay I've been looking for since The Riches was robbed from us via writers strike. It looks a lot like her, but without all the weird gypsy nonsense.
  10. Dec 31, 2011
    This show is just Crazy fun, I love it, and just in case the witty comedy isn't your thing you still get to see a fair share of naked boobs and also some ass.
  11. Oct 28, 2011
    You will love this show, every character is his own world, from crazy, spaced out kids, to troublesome teenagers, to drunk and sexually twisted adults. Highly recommended, can't wait for season 2.
  12. Jul 5, 2011
    I think that the USA shameless is diabolical. it in no way portrays the original shameless, Im interested to see how the political side of frank is shown in the USA shameless. the original frank is an amazing actor, and is a Shakespearean actor, against this guy who is playing the usa frank, their is no contest. the REAL frank is better ! the banter and what makes the dark side of theI think that the USA shameless is diabolical. it in no way portrays the original shameless, Im interested to see how the political side of frank is shown in the USA shameless. the original frank is an amazing actor, and is a Shakespearean actor, against this guy who is playing the usa frank, their is no contest. the REAL frank is better ! the banter and what makes the dark side of the drama funny, and not so depressing is removed, and i find the U.S.A version is , boring, with no wit, or sarcasm, and has no originality. Expand
  13. Apr 6, 2011
    Never seen the original UK version, but this show is GREAT! It had me hooked from the first episode. The Gallaghers are just a bunch of fun. From the outrages living conditions to the amount of love that they have for each other deep down. I found this family to be very real. The actors do an amazing job of portraying characters that we can relate to and love. Great job by everyoneNever seen the original UK version, but this show is GREAT! It had me hooked from the first episode. The Gallaghers are just a bunch of fun. From the outrages living conditions to the amount of love that they have for each other deep down. I found this family to be very real. The actors do an amazing job of portraying characters that we can relate to and love. Great job by everyone involved in the series. Can't wait for season 2. Expand
  14. Mar 21, 2011
    The Best show of the year by far.i would like to spend a year in Gallagher household and experience the hardships and toughen my character but overall improve my sense of humor.Im following...
  15. Mar 11, 2011
    The negative reviews of Shameless are incomprehensible. This is one of the best television series of the last decade. It is truly top notch entertainment with excellent acting, outstanding writing, and exceptional direction. It's always compelling and unpredictable. I love this show!
  16. Feb 21, 2011
    This is what I expect from Shotime. The depth of each character in the show is astounding. The fact that it is a lower class family doing thing to the best of their ability, "stretching" honesty, and playing the hand they are dealt should speak to majority of the US population. Despite the family's deeds, they obviously are not malicious in their actions (with the exception of Frank, whoThis is what I expect from Shotime. The depth of each character in the show is astounding. The fact that it is a lower class family doing thing to the best of their ability, "stretching" honesty, and playing the hand they are dealt should speak to majority of the US population. Despite the family's deeds, they obviously are not malicious in their actions (with the exception of Frank, who symbolizes Murphy's law to the T), and if you can't get behind them, then you should obviously go back to watching Nick Jr. Expand
  17. Feb 18, 2011
    Absolutely my favorite show of 2011, and I have a feeling it will still be my favorite after 2011 is long over. The cast is amazing, the plot is engaging and even with its sometimes over the topness it still manages to be believable. A huge plus for me is the constant Hungarian references and the heavy usage of music form Hungarian bands in the background. KUDOS to the creators.
  18. Feb 16, 2011
    This show grows on me more and more each episode. Many of the story lines can be beyond ridiculous, but it always delivers humor along with a touching story of a group of heroic kids getting by despite a worthless father.
  19. Feb 12, 2011
    the characters in this show are absolutely dysfunctional and hysterical. its funny how they steal breakfast every morning from this dorky truck driver and have the neighbor distract him everytime. I also love how when the father is missing, the kids all go out looking under park benches and in even in coffins in stores.hes quite the drunk that mr gallagher. thank god for this show. itthe characters in this show are absolutely dysfunctional and hysterical. its funny how they steal breakfast every morning from this dorky truck driver and have the neighbor distract him everytime. I also love how when the father is missing, the kids all go out looking under park benches and in even in coffins in stores.hes quite the drunk that mr gallagher. thank god for this show. it truly cracks me up. Oh and you cant forget about the time the family borrowed an elderly woman with alzheimerz so the father could keep getting away with cashing his great aunts checks.lol. i still cant believe shes buried in their back yard lmfao Expand
  20. Jan 19, 2011
    I thought the show was a well done adaptation of the UK version. I have been a fan of the UK version for quite some time and was skeptical as to if the US could pull it off. The chemistry , the environment the lifestyle all very well done. One of my new favorite shows.
  21. Jan 14, 2011
    macy goes over the top but that's fine with me. the big surprise for me is that emmy rossum can really act. will watch some more. saw rossum in the day after tomorrow and was not impressed but she has changed my mind.

Shameless also has a rough and original charisma of its own, emphasizing as it does the freedom and not merely the deprivation of its family of quasi orphans.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jan 11, 2011
    Now and then Shameless sloughs off its mostly self-imposed constraints and fires on all cylinders, observing economic hardship, drunken tomfoolery and sexual shenanigans with a keen eye for class specifics.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jan 10, 2011
    Exec producers John Wells (ER), Andrew Stearn (The West Wing), and Paul Abbott (Cracker), adapting Abbott's original Brit version, waste the talents of Macy, Joan Cusack, and Emmy Rossum (Mystic River), among others, and you'll waste your time straining to enjoy it.