• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 1, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.4

1. Jul 11, 2013
    Great. This show is such a great thriller. I love the writing and the acting. It's so addicting. This is probably one of my new favorite shows. I cant' wait for more.
  2. Jul 13, 2013
    We all know it looks cheesy and unrealistic, but it is supposed to look so. That is why I'm totally grasped by NBC's new television series. The idea of sixteen contestants of a reality show trapped into an unknown forest in the middle of nowhere is really exciting. Supernatural forces in a place where a real meteor has crashed back in 1908 sums up to the thriller and the fact that actors and contenders share their real names brings up a whole Blair Witch vibe to it! Expand
  3. Aug 15, 2013
    My earlier opinions of this show were hasty. It's really starting to pick up, and what I thought was going to turn into a terrifyingly bad trainwreck actually saved itself through smart reveals of necessary exposition of the threats the contestants face.

It's quickly getting into LOST territory, but in some ways, it's even smarter than that- instead of hiding behind illusions and lies
    and omission in the maddening JJ Abrams fashion that turns suspense into frustration, the show knows when to drop the plot-bombs and when to pick up on the portrayal of emotions. It's quite nice.

Sure, the actors got off to a rough start, and maybe the producers and directors didn't know their exact aim from the start- but now they're in the swing of things, and hopefully it can get even better from here.
  4. Jul 28, 2013
    Maddeningly bad. It's tries to base this as a reality-slash-survival show so NBC can capitalize on the "Hunger Games"-like following of survival of the fittest, but when you realize it's a group of unknown (for a reason), talentless actors with a terrible script and all of the action happens off-camera which is how a network can get away with showing gruesome deaths on "live TV" it adds up to terrible television. This is an obvious attempt to compete with edgy original content going on better cable channels (AMC, F/X), but this is nothing more than a desperate attempt at fanfare that won't last past 12 episodes. Don't waste your time. Hilarious that they're in Siberia (Russia) and not a Russian anywhere in sight closest they got is some DJ from Montenegro. Expand
  5. Jul 15, 2013
    This show is a bunch of people arguing about foot rations, and some wrird happening once or twice an episode. this show is not worth your time, trust me.
  6. Aug 22, 2013
    please watch this show! it got me hooked from the minute it started. Most people complain about the acting (which isn't even that bad) and how its set up like a reality show even though its scripted. but to be honest this is my favorite show at the moment and is really exiting and full of drama. if you like shows like "Lost" I definitely recommend watching SIberia for a fun and intense show.
  7. Jul 10, 2013
    As boring as a reality show. The mystery plot is almost nonexistent. The characters are so obnoxious as real contestants. In the worst I've seen this year.
  8. Aug 8, 2013
    Watched 2 episodes and I gotta say it's rather crap. I expected something much more compelling, More of a drama then a pathetic reality show. Weak acting as well. Very disappointed because there was some potential here.
  9. Aug 20, 2013
    Highly underrated; far more enjoyable than Under the Dome, Fallen Skies, etc. when it comes to creativity and believability (as in believability within a fantasy/sci-fi/horror environment). I think too many jumped the gun and went off of the first episode or two rather than giving the show a chance. I usually prefer to watch television series after the fact rather than waiting week by week for the next episode. The fact that I'm sticking with it evidences how good I think it is. Is it the greatest show ever? No way. But is it entertaining, creative, and increasingly improving? Definitely. This show has real potential. Expand
  10. Jul 30, 2013
    So bad that you will want to see more of it.
    The acting is terrible, the plot is laughable and the lack of realism is outstanding. If you suspend your logic for a minute you will get a decent mystery thriller... otherwise you can joke about the disaster that's unfolding before your eyes.
  11. Sep 26, 2013
    While the beginning was really boring, and I did not have much expectations for this show, as the season progressed it gradually got more interesting, and I kind of started to like it. It is kind of like Lost, just less well written and with worse acting, but nevertheless fun to watch.
  12. Jul 22, 2013
    My husband and I started watching this show by accident the first night it aired. Ever since it has been a little bit like Jerry Springer, in that it's so bad you can't help but watch it out of curiosity. Having known nothing about the show originally we thought it was a real reality show, until throughout the first episode it became very clear that it wasn't. It was so unrealistic it was almost comical. In fact, I think this concept would have been better had they just made it a comedy/parody. I think the intent was to make this "fake" reality show a thriller, such as the Blair Witch project, which was thought to be real by most viewers which added to the fear element. However in knowing that Siberia is not real, it lost the thrill element for me. The actors are terrible actors, even worse than your daytime soap stars. I would describe this as a bad version of a soap and a reality show and would not recommend wasting anymore time on this one. Fortunately, I do not see this show being aired for long. Collapse
  13. Jul 30, 2013
    Siberia is probably the most fake, poorly acted, and poorly written show, I have ever had the misfortune to watch. Half the time i was watching it, I would bust out laughing at how ridiculously terrible it was. Maybe they should have branded it as a comedy.
  14. Aug 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is by far the worst show I have ever seen. its actually laughably bad. the acting is horrendous. honestly, I think they just sat at a cafe and asked whoever walked by if they wanted a spot on this show. I'm not sure if this is scripted or improv, but whoever is coming up with the stupid lines needs to be locked up so as never to taint the world with such stupidity ever again. I've seen the first 4 episodes (just kept telling myself it was bound to get better), so I think I've seen enough to form a valid opinion on the show.
    To specify one specific incident that made me actually have to pause the show to complain to my viewing partners. the girls come out of their cabin to find someone had left spear there with a note with some cliche "spooky" warning like "leave now" or something similar. so they freak out and the boys come over and they stand around it getting scared and someone honestly says "we're the only people here... aren't we?"
    I mean come the on. no. the idea is that these people are on a reality show competing for a large cash prize and trying to get one another to leave the game. being in that situation and knowing this, would your first assumption really be that there must be other people living in siberia, waiting in the forest to kill you if you don't leave?
    And then there was another moment in a previous episode. a girl eats wild mushrooms and gets incredibly ill and starts hallucinating. then when she recovers, she willing takes herself out of a game for half a million dollars, because she had a vision that the sky catches on fire and everyone there gets killed. seriously? yes. we should all totally base life changing decision on visions we have when we're high. good life strategy.
    This show tries way too hard to be shocking and it just ends up being too unrealistic. If this show were just about a Survivor type game show gone totally wrong and one of the contestants goes crazy and just starts killing people... that'd be cool. but with all the supernatural elements mixed with the acting skills of a fish, Siberia is just garbage, and I would never recommend it to even my worst enemies.
  15. Sep 4, 2013
    Watched every episode so far, and I really love this show. Love the build up, love the mystique and horror, love the characters. Love everything. I can't wait to see more! However, I really hope that it's either renewed for a season 2, or given a good ending which ties up every question we have. I don't want another The River.
  16. Sep 5, 2013
    The best summer series of the year. Everyone SHOULD watch Siberia and i mean it. This show is not what you think it is at first sight and you'll have to wait the entire season to find out what happened on this island.
  17. Sep 6, 2013
    At start this would look like a terrible reality-show, but it gets A LOT better after snow coming. Just give it time and do not read the most negative reviews. Apparently they didn't watch this more than 2-3 episodes. (Or even one.)
  18. Sep 17, 2013
    That's the best TV show of this summer season! Just AWESOME!
    That finale make me, like WOW!

It's just suspenseful, thrilling, surprising, exciting, and... much more!
  19. Sep 18, 2013
    I For one find the show to have a great spin and a funny satire to the idea of reality shows. Though it attracted a crowd of mind numbing reality show zombies who like to watch something that is intended for dull entertainment. I found that if the show was placed as being what it turned into with the marketing sceme than people of above intelligence woud have enjoyed and given it a higher score. i loved the show the acting is far better than some of the BS that is out there today. Also on that note if you don't like a show don't bother writting a review. just don't watch the show. Stop ruining tv for the rest of it im sure there are plenty of braincells left up there to change the channel. Heres to hoping for a season 2. Expand
  20. Jan 27, 2014
    I waited a few months before watching this and I ended up watching the whole 11 episodes in 2 days. This is amazing, the beginning is calm and shows the characters off, but then without warning hits you. The show has so many quick turning points and in the final few episodes the whole thing just explodes. Absolutely amazing show. The final episode ends at a really unusual point and makes you think that there is a second season to be filmed. There are so many things that happen in the show that some people may miss and is definitely worth a second watch to put all of the pieces of the puzzle together. 10/10 Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Jul 1, 2013
    The well-trod format of Siberia may be its biggest asset, quickly building the kind of sturdy perimeters that horror so often needs; real fear emerges when the familiar and predictable become shockingly distorted (is any ghost as scary as a child ghost?).
  2. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jul 1, 2013
    The reality show has become a nightmare, which isn’t a terrible premise. But setting it in the woods and turning the contestants into prey for some malevolent force harks back more to “Friday the 13th” than to “Survivor.” This wouldn’t be as noticeable if Siberia leavened the whole thing with dark humor.
  3. Reviewed by: Linda Stasi
    Jul 1, 2013
    Siberia can be pretty annoying with the shaky single-camera and fake reality premise and all--but then it picks up in the last ten minutes when things go horribly wrong and the best character in the bunch gets killed off.