• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 6, 2012
Season #: 1, 2
6.3

1. May 26, 2013
    I don't know why Smash got cancelled in the first place, but NBC should've renew the series because of the disappointment of Season 2. It was a very bad move for the network putting the show from Saturdays and now on Sundays. With mediocre ratings sliding, who's gonna fill in the series for the new Fall lineup? At least they still got The Voice and America's Got Talent up and running.I don't know why Smash got cancelled in the first place, but NBC should've renew the series because of the disappointment of Season 2. It was a very bad move for the network putting the show from Saturdays and now on Sundays. With mediocre ratings sliding, who's gonna fill in the series for the new Fall lineup? At least they still got The Voice and America's Got Talent up and running. Yeah, Season 2 was a disappointment for me, but that doesn't mean that I still like the series. I hope another network could save the series like Netflix or something. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Feb 8, 2013
    Until, and unless, all the elements fall into place, it's more smush than smash. [18 Feb 2013, p.41]
    Smash got the memo from viewers. I don’t think they read all of it, necessarily, but at least they got it, and they’ve changed just enough to raise the series from a C+ to a B. So: progress.
  3. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Feb 5, 2013
    It is less accidentally ridiculous, and more knowingly, willfully campy, less pretentious, but also, for better and worse, less likely to include a Bollywood dance number.