• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 19, 2006
8.8

1. L
    Oct 4, 2006
    great actors, great show, great stunts
  2. kmeeks
    love it
  3. JamesD
    Oct 12, 2006
    Great show. Imagine cancelling Heist! But this is almost as good!
  4. ChrisW
    Oct 10, 2006
    Excellent TV show. The best in years! Ray Liotta is as cool as he has ever been and Amy Smart is the hottest girl on TV.
  5. VW
    Oct 3, 2006
    The show is good. But too many similarities in dialogue to the movie Heat! Note to the writers," think up your own dialogue!" Other than copying Heat the show is great. In my opinion it does not glorify crime or murder b/c the consequences of choosing that lifestyle are graphically displayed. And the consequences are death/prison/ pain/guilt/suffering etc..
  6. JenB
    Sep 20, 2006
    Derrivative, pretentious, and lacking in that basic ingredient, sympathetic characters.
  7. WillFromNYC
    Sep 30, 2006
    One of the best new shows of the fall. Sick cast, great pace, wonderful acting, lots of action and great story. What more could you want? Ignore the negative reviews. Check it out for yourself.
  8. LorinW
    Jan 23, 2007
    Smith was a great ride, you can't compare it to the crap that's on TV now. Bring it back CBS!!!!
  9. RaeV
    Oct 10, 2006
    If I could have, I would have voted a 15! This is the best new show on the air. I felt like I was seeing a great, thriller of a movie every Tuesday night. I hate being addicted to these shows, waiting every week for the next episode, only to find that they cancelled it on me! Yet another good one goes down the drain. Thanks CBS... I'll know better next time. BRING SMITH BACK!
  10. BobbyH
    Oct 12, 2006
    Great show, great drama and action, fast pace unlike those other shows. I am able to just sit, relax and enjoy this show without thinking to turn the channel. Would love to see it back on
  11. MK
    Oct 10, 2006
    Hot show. Excitement at every turn. The charaters suck you in.
  12. JerryH
    Oct 16, 2006
    I hope that this show has not been taken off. It was one of the best shows that CBS has on.
  13. BrianC
    Oct 17, 2006
    I love this show what happened. I just can't believe that CBS took it off the air. I hope and wish that they put it back on or they will send me the season because they are probably already finished shooting it anyways.
  14. MSouthard
    Oct 18, 2006
    I liked the first 3 shows, found myself racing home from Softball games every Tuesday night to catch the first 5 mins. I was pissed it was cancled and stumped, watching a CSI rerun..BRING IT BACK!
  15. anonymous
    Oct 18, 2006
    I thought I had missed it last week...and was really disappointed, now I am really mad that it has been taken off the air. Well, at least now I can get to bed earlier, I sure don't care for the program that has replaced it. Bring back Smith!!!!!!
  16. JCoy
    Oct 10, 2006
    I can not believe they let this show go off the air. I agree the characters seem a little less humane then other shows, but that was what was so interesting about it.
  17. SusanT
    Oct 2, 2006
    my favorite new show
  18. JeffW
    Oct 6, 2006
    Loved it.... too bad CBS left us hanging and cancelled it after only three epidoes. I will try not to get wrapped up in new shows like I did this one, as networks don't give quality shows a chance. How about a different night? Maybe a more unique name? COME ON CBS? What's next, CSI TRENTON?
  19. AdrienneS
    Oct 9, 2006
    This was a great show. I would have loved the see the characters develop and also see what Joe and Macy's history was and where they were headed. CBS should've given this show more of a chance than they did.
  20. RobertP
    Sep 19, 2006
    Can't see how this show will last. The characters are not likeable, to say the least.
  21. C.Cotton
    Sep 20, 2006
    I enjoyed this show enough to give it a second viewing. You have to wonder where it all will take you though.
  22. candaces
    Sep 21, 2006
    I really liked this show. It was funny and very suspenseful. I will definately continue watching it.
  23. TCyrol
    Sep 20, 2006
    Easily one of the most intriguing shows so far this year, supported by some excellent talent. This is the dark side of "Ocean's 11".
  24. DerekD
    Sep 22, 2006
    After watching the first episode, I was blown away. I am a huge fan of Ray Liotta and am excited to see him on the small screen. This seemed to be one of the more intense shows on television. I don't not watch programs regularly but I am going to tune in every week to see what happens next.
  25. JennyR
    Sep 22, 2006
    I liked the action part, but it doesn't seem to go any where.
  26. ConnieG
    Sep 20, 2006
    Great cast, especially Liotta and Simon Baker (wow- can you say sociopath?). Written to make me want to see the next episode. I want to know more about how they balance "normal" lives with their "side job"
  27. NancyH
    Sep 20, 2006
    Given what's on TV lately, I am giving this show a decent rating--yes it's flawed but hey, it's only the pilot episode. The good things about this show--pace is good, and there are good glimmers into the characters--but they need more. Speaking of which--there is no comic relief in the characters, they all take themselves way too seriously. A smile every once in a while Given what's on TV lately, I am giving this show a decent rating--yes it's flawed but hey, it's only the pilot episode. The good things about this show--pace is good, and there are good glimmers into the characters--but they need more. Speaking of which--there is no comic relief in the characters, they all take themselves way too seriously. A smile every once in a while would be nice. And who meets in an open parking lot in the middle of the night to discuss a heist when there are security cameras all around these days? Anyway, the show tries to be a little of Sopranos with Thief blended in. There is room for improvement and I hope they take it cause this could be a good show. Expand
  28. toddm
    Nov 18, 2006
    should not have been cancelled.very studid
  29. SeanM
    Oct 10, 2006
    The show was exciting. I felt like I was watching an action movie everytime. 'Smith" looked amazing and the acting was great. I am going to miss it.
  30. Raymond
    Oct 10, 2006
    10++++++++ This is such an awesome show. I can't believe they cancelled it. Why do all the good shows get dropped? This could have been the next CSI if they only gave it a chance. 3 episodes? 3 episodes? Surely Ray Liotta deserves better than that! I am deeply upset over this and will think twice about watching any new show that comes on. Why bother? It'll be gone in a week anyway!
  31. ChrisM
    Oct 12, 2006
    Smith was tne best show on tv in a long time.
  32. EF
    Oct 17, 2006
    I really like this show. Wish they'd leave it on the air!
  33. ChristyM
    Oct 19, 2006
    I've been waiting for this show on Tues nights and couldn't figure out why it was not airing. I can't believe they cancelled the show!!! I love Simon Baker!!! Please put this show back on CBS!!!!!
  34. RobY
    Oct 23, 2006
    I was really enjoying this show. I hate that it
  35. LeonorB
    Oct 23, 2006
    Smith is an awesome show, I can't believe it's gone. CBS should give it a second chance and put it on a different night. Bring it back!
  36. RobC
    Sep 20, 2006
    Smith will be cancelled in 3 to 4 weeks, just as Smith himself predicts in the first show. Is there anything in these characters to care about? I couldn't find one.
  37. SunilM
    Sep 25, 2006
    Great action sequences but totally amoral characterizations makes it impossible to invest any emotional intelligence in the cast.
  38. CC
    Sep 25, 2006
    Liked it a lot! Ray Liotta is great!
  39. MaryT
    Sep 27, 2006
    Intriguing, great cast, not Law & Order, not neat tidy and resolved or worlds problems resolved ending. Great acting, great cinematography. Only drama I've seen in years that makes me want to watch again. Can't wait to see more.
  40. OmarJ
    Sep 28, 2006
    As fine a cast as television has. Great pacing and intriguing storylines will keep me coming back.
  41. JasW
    Sep 28, 2006
    Love it. Love the theme. Good set of actors.
  42. JanR
    Feb 15, 2007
    Smith with Ray Liotta was the best show on TV!! ' Bring it back!!! You keep the "junk" and get rid of this unique show??? I just shake my head....
  43. Tauna
    Nov 1, 2006
    This show is awesome! CBS needs to promote it more & put it in a better time slot ... of course 1st they have to bring it back!!
  44. mikes
    Oct 14, 2006
    Man, I am pissed off at CBS for dropping Smith after only 3 episodes. CBS sucks big time for not giving this show a chance. Put it on a different night if you have to. This will be the last time I I give a CBS show a chance. Screw you CBS!
  45. Melissa
    Oct 19, 2006
    I was just telling a co-worker how much I loved the show and she told me it was cancelled. I couldn't believe it! And here I thought it wasn't on because baseball was taking it's spot. They should definately put it back on the air.
  46. abigailh
    Dec 19, 2006
    This show is great what happened to it there is about 4 of us in the family who love it
  47. lynnGg.
    Oct 24, 2006
    This was a terrific show, I couldnt wait for the next one. CBS, why didnt you give it a chance? I will follow it, whever it ends up, maybe another times slot, maybe another network. I loved it!
  48. BK
    Oct 24, 2006
    Great show , I was wondering what happend to it. Cant believe they cancelled it. Tipical CBS.
  49. jeremyT.
    Oct 25, 2006
    I can't believe it
  50. ChrisC
    Sep 19, 2006
    Holy crap this show is boring. They found a way to make violent robbery heists completely unstimulating. Maybe it's because none of the characters are remotely compelling.
  51. matt
    Sep 19, 2006
    Not bad and what a great cast. I'll be back for a second look next week.
  52. GeorgeM
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outstanding opening episode. I doubt it will be able to keep up the intensity . . but I didn't think "Lost" would be able to keep me interested either. Reminded me of "The Sopranos" without the family humor.
  53. avdiell
    Sep 23, 2006
    AWESOME! Hands down the best new show of the season!
    Sep 23, 2006
    glorifies the killing of people for money. CBS could go lower, but it would be hard
  55. TylerT
    Sep 26, 2006
    Using some previous negative reviews: glorifies the killing of people for money and amoral characterizations are what make this GREAT! Yeah and is is beautiful, and not P.C. bullshit.
  56. SandraW
    Sep 28, 2006
    Great cast - slick production!!
  57. jjweeks
    Jul 26, 2007
    Loved the show what happened?

1. The premiere breathe[s] like a moody, dark theatrical release -- one that tastes like Quentin Tarantino muddled with Michael Mann -- as opposed to a pilot from executive producer John Wells.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    So odd, you must check it out. [22 Sep 2006, p.89]
  3. The cinematography is stylish, and the action sequences compare favorably to those shot for larger screens. The acting is good, sometimes even inspired, and yet there is a big problem with the show. Put simply, most of these characters are distasteful and sometimes downright repulsive.