• Network: FX
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.6

1. JennetP.
    Nov 5, 2008
    One of the few shows that pose moral questions, instead of illustrating moral certainties. (Note to USA Today: those of us who aren't lost don't need a compass.) And though it may not replicate every last detail of the MC lifestyle, SOA absolutely nails the outlaw spirit that animates many American subcultures. Individual characters are beautifully drawn, each distinctive yet One of the few shows that pose moral questions, instead of illustrating moral certainties. (Note to USA Today: those of us who aren't lost don't need a compass.) And though it may not replicate every last detail of the MC lifestyle, SOA absolutely nails the outlaw spirit that animates many American subcultures. Individual characters are beautifully drawn, each distinctive yet archetypal, the product of writers, actors, and directors at the top of their game. But, as good as they are individually (Katey, dust off that award shelf, your Golden Globe is finally on its way!), collectively they are even better. There is genius in the casting of this show, so much that, when characters claim that separation from SAMCRO would be worse than death, the sentiment seems perfectly reasonable, even self-evident. My favorite new show, hands down. Expand
  2. Sep 11, 2012
    This is my favorite show on television. It isgritty, intense, and develops characters that are unique. They are slimy, dark men trying to make a living for their club and families the best way they know how. I can't wait for the next season to come out!
  3. Dec 23, 2013
    Best show on TV! This show doesn't get any recognition. It baffles me it hasn't won any awards. The writing is unbelievable. Every week you sit on the edge of your seat. There are scenes you cry you city like a baby. Let alone Charlie Hunnam deserves some recognition for his acting on the finale. He was phenomenal.
  4. Joed
    Sep 8, 2009
    all you idiots who dont like this show have no idea what your talking about. especially the guy who said the acting was bad. come on peg bundy turned into a hardcore biker wife is so classic. she is so amazing, same with ron pearlman and hunnam. all the actors actually fit their roles, they are good actors on top of it, and the plot and story line makes you like this motorcycle crew that all you idiots who dont like this show have no idea what your talking about. especially the guy who said the acting was bad. come on peg bundy turned into a hardcore biker wife is so classic. she is so amazing, same with ron pearlman and hunnam. all the actors actually fit their roles, they are good actors on top of it, and the plot and story line makes you like this motorcycle crew that are criminals. just like the sopranos only more grittier and edgier. favorite show on tv and i would be very upset if it would ever get cancelled. Expand
  5. AndyB
    Sep 4, 2008
    Excellent and dark. If you find yourself wanting to root for the bad guys as in the Sopranos, then this show is for you.
  6. philn
    Dec 3, 2009
    by far my number 1 show on tv love all the people involved with the show can not wait till next season
  7. Aug 23, 2010
    it took me a while to finally check out sons of anarchy, and man was i shocked. fantastic show! acting is great, and the story keeps my interest... this show pushing "the shield" as fx's best drama series to date! i can not wait for season 3.
  8. Mar 30, 2012
    i'll cut to the chase with this review. best series of sons of anarchy yet. the story is written so well i felt as desperate as jax did in his journey to find abel. great ending to the series as well
  9. Sep 9, 2010
    Not bad, but it lacks the complexity and nuance of season 2, and the dialogue and writing get a bit predictable and soap opera-y in spots. Overall, an entertaining, but not quite stellar first season for a show that would soon join the ranks of modern TV's best.
  10. Oct 24, 2012
    I want to heap so much praise on this gripping and wonderfully written show. Sons is one of the very best cable offerings, the lead actors have depth and complexity and a slew of excellent guest stars (like the incomparable Walter Goggins in a tour de force portrayal of a transsexual call 'girl') make this a must watch provided you have a strongish stomach. 5 stars all the way
  11. Jul 30, 2012
    One of the best tv shows i've ever seen. It has everything. The characters are very interesting and the show keeps you glued to the screen as you watch with what happens in each of the characters life and the motorbike club. I can only recommend this show, nothing wrong with it at all. Best acting in a show too. The best cast for this type of show aswell. So many details in the show andOne of the best tv shows i've ever seen. It has everything. The characters are very interesting and the show keeps you glued to the screen as you watch with what happens in each of the characters life and the motorbike club. I can only recommend this show, nothing wrong with it at all. Best acting in a show too. The best cast for this type of show aswell. So many details in the show and scenes it'll only leave you satisfied after each episode is over. Kurt Sutter is a genious. He even went out for sometime to stay with a motorbike club before producing the first episodes. That's dedication. Well done Kurt. You deserve endless grammy's in my book. Expand
  12. Sep 4, 2011
    Best of the Best. Strong story, not overly done, characters are very strong and even though theya re abd, you feel for them. This is my favorite show I have ever watched. End of story.
  13. Mar 31, 2011
    this is by far one of the BEST shows ever . that's all I'm going to say if I go on it would be all spoilers . .
  14. Jul 3, 2011
    Buy Sons of Anarchy DVD at the Sons of Anarchy more DVD in dvdboxroom.com
    It's very Good DVD! Believe me, because I bought, I feel really good!
    It's very Good DVD! Believe me, because I bought, I feel really good!
  15. Sep 7, 2011
    OMG a total 10!!!!! It totally delivered can not wait to see how Season 4 plays out. I hope they get rid of the mayor like they did with Stal he needs to go!!!!!!
  16. Nov 14, 2011
    Absolutely the BEST TV show to come out of the states since The Sopranos

I got Season 1 out of curiosity cause it was cheap and my love for the â
  17. Feb 9, 2012
    The main downfall that the first season of Sons of Anarchy has is in the writing. The dialogue can often be rather pedestrian, and the dramatic moments are generally pretty contrived and histrionic. However, the acting is brilliant (Perlman and Sagal are stand-outs), and the impressive depth of the characters helps ease you through the hammier moments of the script. The action thatThe main downfall that the first season of Sons of Anarchy has is in the writing. The dialogue can often be rather pedestrian, and the dramatic moments are generally pretty contrived and histrionic. However, the acting is brilliant (Perlman and Sagal are stand-outs), and the impressive depth of the characters helps ease you through the hammier moments of the script. The action that naturally comes with the biker premise is well done; although there could probably be a little more of it. Overall, a good start to the series. Recommended to fans of The Sopranos that perhaps want something similar, albeit not as heavy. Expand
  18. Jan 13, 2012
    Sign me up to be a PROSPECT!...I drunk the Kool-Aide. Sopranos of the biker gang. All warrior alpha-male! The females are loyal and tough but sexy. Its modern Sparta 300 toned down...THIS - - IS - - SAM - - CROW!!
  19. Nov 7, 2012
    An amazing show. Realistic (the scenarist have been in a motorcycle club before writing the plot), captivating.. The actors are freaking awesome. Even if you're not really into bikes/bikers, just try to see the first episodes and you won't be disappointed. With a scenario that doesn't reveal all the "mythology" and has no timeout, you'll want to have your own Harley and have a beer with them.
  20. Aug 19, 2013
    Amazing first season of Sons of Anarchy. The show is filled with thrills, action, and makes you care about the characters right out of the gate. One of the most successful opening seasons I have seen.
  21. Dec 31, 2012
    Love it. Great show. I've been able to get into all the characters which I find hard with a lot of TV these days. But have enjoyed this series a lot. I found that I was always looking forward to the next episode and was trying to guess ahead the plot line. The show definately deserves more praise then some of the crap on our tv screens these days.
  22. Jan 17, 2013
    This is one of televisions most talked about cable series of the year, and it deserves the recognition. Sons of Anarchy puts viewers on the edge of their seats simply by showcasing the dynamic interactions between characters with strong convictions, alternative moralities and deep connections to one another. Jax Teller, the anti-hero of the series, is easily relatable. His struggle betweenThis is one of televisions most talked about cable series of the year, and it deserves the recognition. Sons of Anarchy puts viewers on the edge of their seats simply by showcasing the dynamic interactions between characters with strong convictions, alternative moralities and deep connections to one another. Jax Teller, the anti-hero of the series, is easily relatable. His struggle between his family life and club life is clear and continues to create more divergence as the show goes on. Furthermore, the other club members of SAMCRO have their own sub-plots which cause viewers to root for them and the club overall, even if they are in the wrong.

What I like best about the show, and is a recurring theme throughout the series, is the rivalry between Jax and his sinister Father in Law, Clay Morrow. It
  23. Apr 21, 2013
    best show period right there with breaking bad lol worth watching im not even a biker are nothing show straight gangstA is just great ALL AROUND if i havent seen it yet start from season 1
  24. Dec 10, 2014
    I've watched this show since the very beginning in 2008, and I'm wiriting this review only after the series finale: this series gets worse season after season. It holds up decently up to season 3 or 4, then is a very sad descent into TV's garbage bin, to the lackluster and lame ending. There are too many good things to do in life and too little time to spend, to waste it watching Sons ofI've watched this show since the very beginning in 2008, and I'm wiriting this review only after the series finale: this series gets worse season after season. It holds up decently up to season 3 or 4, then is a very sad descent into TV's garbage bin, to the lackluster and lame ending. There are too many good things to do in life and too little time to spend, to waste it watching Sons of Anarchy. Kurt Sutter is no Shakespeare, he should just be ashamed by trying to relate his rubbish to the bard. Expand
  25. Jan 11, 2014
    Very well thought out and executed show, absolutely enthralling once you get hooked, first couple of episodes it was trying to find its feet and catch a lot of people up on outlaw life and unfortunately to people with not patience (see negative reviews)it lost some people, it is certainly worth a watch and the latest season (season 6) is true anarchy a lot of the time, see trailer linkVery well thought out and executed show, absolutely enthralling once you get hooked, first couple of episodes it was trying to find its feet and catch a lot of people up on outlaw life and unfortunately to people with not patience (see negative reviews)it lost some people, it is certainly worth a watch and the latest season (season 6) is true anarchy a lot of the time, see trailer link attached. cant wait for the final season will sorely miss it, but glad they are sticking to the arc that Sutter designed at the very beginning which is great.

26. Feb 9, 2014
    Kurt Sutter is a smart man, that's obvious. Making a series about biker gangs may look like a simple thing. But it's clear to see that story is inspired by Hamlet. And also characters are good. They're not on the screen for wasting time. Each of them have good stories. If you like trio of Bikes, babes and beer, if you like to see tough biker guys, and if you interested in promisingKurt Sutter is a smart man, that's obvious. Making a series about biker gangs may look like a simple thing. But it's clear to see that story is inspired by Hamlet. And also characters are good. They're not on the screen for wasting time. Each of them have good stories. If you like trio of Bikes, babes and beer, if you like to see tough biker guys, and if you interested in promising story-line, this is a good title for you. Expand
  27. Sep 4, 2014
    I had high hopes for this show. Sadly, the first season of SOA has been a huge disappointment. The characters don't have much depth, the plots twists are at times laughable (no, I really did laugh out loud on several occasions) and, in season 1, you could see some plot developments coming from a mile away. I don't really care about any of the characters after watching all 13 episodes and II had high hopes for this show. Sadly, the first season of SOA has been a huge disappointment. The characters don't have much depth, the plots twists are at times laughable (no, I really did laugh out loud on several occasions) and, in season 1, you could see some plot developments coming from a mile away. I don't really care about any of the characters after watching all 13 episodes and I got to the point that I found that the way Jax walks annoys me. I'll try season 2 in the hopes that it gets better.

This is not a good example of the "New Golden Age of Cable."
  28. Dec 10, 2014
    Terrible over the top writing. Characters are unbelievable, bikers without addiction problems? Bikers with transexual meaningful relationships? Hundreds of bodies with no federal investigators on scene. This is drivel.
  29. Dec 4, 2010
    Great show. I've been watching this since it first released. Just watched the Season 3 finale and I'm very pleased and can't wait for the next season.
  30. Jan 30, 2013
    Not cure how the critics have been hammering this show so bad.I like the unpredictability, the violence, the characters developing over the spanning seasons as well as Segal as the matriarch of the family. Casting is spot on. I also realize it has become a male's version of a soap opera and I'm full guilt for falling for it.
  31. May 15, 2014
    The cast is great but the plot lines are terrible. Each episode sees characters doing stupid unrealistic things that make no sense at all. They get in to a new mess at every turn and you just find yourself shouting at the screen: "Why would you do that!?!?!" They are meant to be a hard core biker gang, yet they keep letting enemies live when they have them at gun point only to get shot inThe cast is great but the plot lines are terrible. Each episode sees characters doing stupid unrealistic things that make no sense at all. They get in to a new mess at every turn and you just find yourself shouting at the screen: "Why would you do that!?!?!" They are meant to be a hard core biker gang, yet they keep letting enemies live when they have them at gun point only to get shot in the back by the same enemies in the next scene. No one seems to learn! It's enraging and aimed at brainless soap opera fans who just have to have something to watch regardless of if it makes any sense!

I’m giving it 3 stars just because I think the cast is great. Nothing else about this program is.
  32. Apr 21, 2011
    Leave it to FX to prove to us that just because it is on cable tv, doesn't means it's bad. This show was beautifully crafted from the word go. It has heart, excellent dialogue and yes it is catchy and you can dance to it. My partner and I plowed through both seasons one and two with a wrecking ball and are anxious for the third season to be released on DVD. Katy Segal is more thanLeave it to FX to prove to us that just because it is on cable tv, doesn't means it's bad. This show was beautifully crafted from the word go. It has heart, excellent dialogue and yes it is catchy and you can dance to it. My partner and I plowed through both seasons one and two with a wrecking ball and are anxious for the third season to be released on DVD. Katy Segal is more than breathtaking in this role, she is this role. She and Ron Pearlman make the most delightful and surprisingly adorable couple. Overall this show is fantastic and I highly recommend it. Expand
  33. Jun 25, 2012
    This is by far the best show on television. I have never been so captivated by a television show before. The acting is phenomenal and I have never wished so much for characters to be real. Charlie Hunnam, Maggie Siff, and Katey Sagal are outstanding and the other actors are all believable as well. I literally dream about the show at night when I am done watching it. My obsession isThis is by far the best show on television. I have never been so captivated by a television show before. The acting is phenomenal and I have never wished so much for characters to be real. Charlie Hunnam, Maggie Siff, and Katey Sagal are outstanding and the other actors are all believable as well. I literally dream about the show at night when I am done watching it. My obsession is getting a little out of hand. Too bad Jax Teller isn't a real person. Expand
  34. Jul 11, 2013
    After struggling through season 1, we really wanted to like this show but time and time again watching it became more of a chore than anything else.
    Unlike many current shows I enjoy watching, Sons of Anarchy assumes the viewer does not have a brain. Nothing actually happens in this show and when it does, it is so brief that if you blink you might miss it. Even if you don’t miss it, I wonder what the point of it was anyways because it adds no real value to the story.
    All we see is a bunch of guys hanging out, drinking, cheating on their wives and shooting guns. From time to time they go on these “missions” which are forgotten about in the next episode and have very little significance.

I tried very hard to care about the characters but I cannot. They are so two dimensional that I just could not care less. Maybe I do not understand the way of life of being in a biker gang, but I thought that a show like this was supposed to educate you on a way of life different than your own. It tries to I guess but it struggles and miserably fails.

If you enjoy brainless TV then this show might be for you because to enjoy it, you literally have to shut off your brain and prepare yourself for the garbage. But if you actually enjoy shows that make you think, that have character development and that ties together a cohesive story outside of sitting around the living room drinking beer then I suggest you do not waste your time.
  35. Nov 24, 2010
    Watched first 3 episodes, but not the pilot. High point is Katey Sagal. Predictable soap opera with laughably unbelievable story situations. Not enough budget for the production values their stories require.
  36. Dec 29, 2012
    After hearing an onslaught of how "great" this show was, I decided to give it a chance. So I watched the first 2 seasons... I can't say I really want to continue with it. It's too cliche, unrealistic, and boring. Apparently the writers of this show have never heard of a "line-up", often times in the show they smash up entire stores, steal cars etc, meanwhile plenty of people are watching.After hearing an onslaught of how "great" this show was, I decided to give it a chance. So I watched the first 2 seasons... I can't say I really want to continue with it. It's too cliche, unrealistic, and boring. Apparently the writers of this show have never heard of a "line-up", often times in the show they smash up entire stores, steal cars etc, meanwhile plenty of people are watching. Them having a one horse town police department in their pocket,isn't going to stop the justice system. Someone files an internal affairs complaint with that department I guarantee the feds would be swarming. The plot has no real direction, this gang blows up this gangs crap, and then they retaliate. There's no real rhyme or reason for the show just a bunch of wannabe thugs riding motorcycles. Ehh but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Expand
  37. Dec 9, 2014
    Nothing more than white trash cheesy garbage.

I read a few reviews before watching, gave it a few episodes to see if anything worthwhile developed. Nope. Talk about the desensitization and dumbing down of society. Do any people over the age of 12, that dont live in a trailer park or ghetto.. actually find this "entertaining"? I mean seriously.. they cant finish a proper sentence and
    Nothing more than white trash cheesy garbage.

Talk about the desensitization and dumbing down of society. Do any people over the age of 12, that dont live in a trailer park or ghetto.. actually find this "entertaining"? I mean seriously.. they cant finish a proper sentence and throughout speak like uneducated street corner wannabe thug idiots. They kill with absolutely no remorse whatsoever and then a minute later say "please", "thank you", hug other men, cry in front of rival gangs etc... definitely not the Hells Angels thats for sure. And whats with the show producers obsession with skanky fat old mens arses? Every last episode I've watched has an arse in it. Disgusting. A few of the actors are good elsewhere, but the scripts given in this series are absolutely pathetic.

Trash TV period end of. Go away already with this garbage FX!!!!!
  38. Oct 29, 2013
    Oh my God, why didn't anybody think of this sooner! A show about bikers! Tough, independent, sexy, All- American outlaws riding Harleys and kicking butt! But wait, don't they mostly make their money from manufacturing and selling crank, a highly addictive and harmful substance that is killing the soul of blue collar America? Yeah, and I think they may also run drugged out, abused youngOh my God, why didn't anybody think of this sooner! A show about bikers! Tough, independent, sexy, All- American outlaws riding Harleys and kicking butt! But wait, don't they mostly make their money from manufacturing and selling crank, a highly addictive and harmful substance that is killing the soul of blue collar America? Yeah, and I think they may also run drugged out, abused young white slaves for prostitution. Hmm, maybe not such great American heroes after all. But wait, they run guns right? Now that IS cool and All-American, kill, kill, death, death, yeah! Problem solved, they're ultra cool biker who ONLY run guns, no crank or underage whores. Expand
  39. AmberH.
    Sep 6, 2008
    It just sucks, not worth watching.
  40. Oct 1, 2011
    The worst show I've seen of late. Ranks together with "The Borgias". Terrible acting, no purpose or rationale to the plot. Bad direction. Trying too hard to be cool with characters that the audience are not really compelled to care about. Couldnt finish the 1st episode. Trash.
  41. Davey
    Sep 5, 2008
    This was the worst, most disappointing new show I've seen in years. Bad writing and direction, amateur acting, nothing in the plot to care about at all. There's this white gang and this black gang and this Latin gang and they all go around blowing up each others' gun stashes. Oh, and then there's this pathetic subplot about the blond kid's anguished search for the This was the worst, most disappointing new show I've seen in years. Bad writing and direction, amateur acting, nothing in the plot to care about at all. There's this white gang and this black gang and this Latin gang and they all go around blowing up each others' gun stashes. Oh, and then there's this pathetic subplot about the blond kid's anguished search for the meaning of life, blablabla. This belongs in the daytime soap slot. I just hope it's not a preview of the rest of FX's new shows. I was looking forward to them. Expand
  42. RobertK.
    Sep 16, 2008
    Truly ugly- a new low even for Fox.
  43. BrianM.
    Sep 3, 2008
    What a flop, what a waste of resources, I turned it off after the first 20 minutes felt like 2 hrs, cancel this and not the Shield.
  44. BrianC.
    Sep 16, 2008
    Not great. Son's is obviously modeled on the Soprano's, which would be great if the show were better. There is nothing in these characters to love, its just a nasty bunch, making it hard to root for them. Its ok, but not great, I removed the Season Pass from my Tivo after episode 2.
  45. BernardoS.
    Sep 11, 2008
    Didn't got my attention mainly because of the fact that it doesn't happen in our days.
  46. DB.
    Sep 12, 2008
    Best cable tv show I have seen in a long time.
  47. LuisG.
    Sep 25, 2008
    This has got to be one of the coolest shows ever.
  48. DJ
    Sep 4, 2008
    Decent show pretty well acted a little slow. Too much overkill in the violent scenes nobody in this country blows up things like that and suffers no investigation, and whats with this trend that criminals have the cops in their pocket? I guess thats why we have overcrowded prisons!!
  49. ScottP.
    Sep 4, 2008
    If you took the strike team from the shield and gave them biker jackets, you would kinda get this. If you're a shield fan then you will want to watch this. It has the same warped ideas that we liked in the shield lol.
  50. JamesM.
    Sep 4, 2008
    I thought the show was good compare to most shows that are on censored TV. Compare to what most people say about the violence in the show this is a lifestyle that some people live in the US. The show touches another side of what really goes on with some people in the country.
  51. KevinM.
    Oct 2, 2008
    This show is one of the ones I look forward to watching every week. It is controversial, yet at the same time thought provoking. If the idiots that did the reviews had ever been through a rough period in there life instead of being silver spoon b!tches then I'm sure they would appreciate the show more
  52. NicoleB.
    Oct 2, 2008
    I am so glad I hae something to watch now, Wenesday is my favorite day of the week. Great show, great job. Looking forward to the rest of season one and more.
  53. RhondaC.
    Awesome - different kinda show - keeps you guessing
  54. staceymom
    Dec 4, 2008
    I love this show!! I am just a mom, have kids. hubby is into bikes and came across this show. I groaned but watched a couple episodes but now I am so hooked.
  55. LeonardoC.
    Oct 5, 2008
    This show is SOO very real in term's of the biker lifestyle. My Only Quip is the bikes, Different bikers have different tastes in terms of Styles, But They must be Harley Davidson or else it is baloney. American Biker's only ride American bikes! Great show I am in for the long haul.
  56. BenC.
    Sep 10, 2008
    Good show, do not cancel it early, like you have so many others.
  57. TomA.
    Sep 16, 2008
    This show is very shocking it is intense so far and i can tell it will get really good.
  58. AmyM
    Sep 26, 2008
    This is an awesome show...ok it has some flaws....its entertainment, not reality people. lol. I am totally addicted. Its about time there is something to watch besides boring doctor, lawyer and cop shows.
  59. MargosD.
    Sep 5, 2008
    It's good, but it needs to be more bloody.
  60. JohnB
    Nov 3, 2009
    Well written, great characters and a small glimpse into the world of outlaw bikers which is so uniquely American.
  61. KaptainK.
    Dec 2, 2009
    Oh so excellent. Best drama series I've seen on TV for a long time. Just make sure the kids are asleep before watching.
  62. FlemmingK
    Oct 24, 2009
    This is great television. Living in Denmark, we watch season 1 on blu-ray and this is the best serie since Mad Men ... since Deadwood. Acting is topnotch. Story arc same. I believe the criticism of this serie is due to the series explicit use of violence and language. Some people obviously believes that praising for acting and a dark, gritty show is like condoning what one sees. Sad for This is great television. Living in Denmark, we watch season 1 on blu-ray and this is the best serie since Mad Men ... since Deadwood. Acting is topnotch. Story arc same. I believe the criticism of this serie is due to the series explicit use of violence and language. Some people obviously believes that praising for acting and a dark, gritty show is like condoning what one sees. Sad for them, not being able to keep things apart, having to criticise elements wrongfully. Don't believe them. You don't go to hell or become a criminal of watching TV like this. Expand
  63. JaniceB.
    Nov 18, 2008
    This is probably the best new show this season! Katey Segal and Ron Perelman are doing an unbelievable job!! The show is so full of drama. Can't wait for the 1st season to come on dvd! They better not cancel this one!
  64. TomW.
    Nov 23, 2008
    Wide rang of story lines that can keep this real interesting for a long time. I love it.
  65. PaulH
    Nov 28, 2008
    With it's strong cast, solid writing and realistic portrayal, SOA strikes a great chord within everyone, and begs the question "What is just, and what is right, and are they always the same thing?" Always shifting between hating and loving a character for what they do, you never quite know who, other than Jax, to root for in their struggles. And with so many stories to tell in the With it's strong cast, solid writing and realistic portrayal, SOA strikes a great chord within everyone, and begs the question "What is just, and what is right, and are they always the same thing?" Always shifting between hating and loving a character for what they do, you never quite know who, other than Jax, to root for in their struggles. And with so many stories to tell in the small town of Charming, not to mention the surrounding areas, this seems to be the best thing to hit Television since Law and Order. As for me, I will ride with the reaper until the throttle won't turn. Count me in. Expand
  66. RickF
    Dec 3, 2008
    Katey Segal can play anything from Mom Peg Bundy to this great character Mom Jemma. What a contrast! Ron Perelman has never been a favorite actor of mine but he is now. This show is great! I can't wait for the next season.
  67. PatriciaW
    Dec 7, 2008
    We enjoy the show very much. I was looking on the computer to see if there were a Real Sons of Anarchy, in CA?
  68. Max
    Sep 10, 2008
    Great show, like the sopranos, but biker gang style.
  69. JayG.
    Sep 18, 2008
    Great show, has an awesome variety of violence and background story, each episode keeps getting better!
  70. liamo
    Nov 26, 2009
    This program asks for patience to let the characters and plot develop.These would seem to be prerequisites of the concept for a "series". Love the development pace and story lines. Bravo.
  71. BonnieR
    Oct 24, 2009
    Solid, Entertaining, Explores complexity of life"s choices with ever present hidden variables. Casting is superb
  72. AndrewG
    Aug 4, 2009
    This series came out slow but by episode 4 I was hooked. The finale was fantastic with a cliffhanger and I'm psyched for what will happen in episode 2!
  73. ripclawx
    Sep 16, 2009
    Great show, reminds me of early Sopranos, but with "real" characters and the best soundtrack I heard in ages. Highly recommended.
  74. ToddB.
    Nov 20, 2008
    This show is one of the best shows I have ever watched. Not only does it have amazing actors and actresses, a fascinating premise and Harleys, it is also overburdened by amazing writers. It has consistently kept me unbalanced and interested, as well as more then a little stunned. That said, any show that can make me tear up over the death of a side character gets my admiration.
  75. steves
    Dec 19, 2008
    Being a ex Marine & biker, I can relate to this show like no other of it's kind. Someone did there home work before casting this show & the story lines. Hope it stay's around for a long time.
  76. ketab
    Oct 22, 2008
    I love the show, and can't wait for the 1st Season to come out on DVD! I really enjoy the whole story/plot line of Jax an Tara, I think they make a great couple. Keep it up! Can't wait also for the 2nd Season to come out on TV.
  77. JennaJ
    Dec 5, 2008
    A worthy successor to The Shield. I had my doubts for the first 3 or 4 episodes and almost gave up on it but I'm glad I stuck around. It explores the same moral questions that The Shield did from a slightly different perspective. I'm so glad it's been picked up for a second season but after the season finale I can't wait all the way until September to find out what A worthy successor to The Shield. I had my doubts for the first 3 or 4 episodes and almost gave up on it but I'm glad I stuck around. It explores the same moral questions that The Shield did from a slightly different perspective. I'm so glad it's been picked up for a second season but after the season finale I can't wait all the way until September to find out what happens next. Collapse
  78. SamC.
    Sep 21, 2008
    While 'Sons' misses the bar on being 100% accurate in its portrayal of an Outlaw 1%er biker club it still grips you and pulls you into its enigmatic storyline and menagerie of characters.
  79. JeffC
    Sep 27, 2008
    By far the most interesting thing since Deadwood, which makes me worry that it'll be cancelled. The USA Today critic said the show lacks "a moral compass." Great, a 1% M/C with "a moral compass"? And anyway, there's the document that Jax finds about his father's vision for SAMCRO, a ready-made statement of anti-establishment anarchist morality.
  80. RaenelleF
    Oct 12, 2009
    Shockingly good. I was so glad to see the critics liked it as well--so much classier than being simply a guilty pleasure. I'm addicted to it. The casting is genius--Katey Sagal and Ron Perlman. As good as it gets.
  81. TommyL
    Nov 24, 2009
    Best series since The Sorpranos.
  82. AngieV
    Nov 24, 2009
    Those who score this show low knows nothing about the biker world. My husband and I are in a real 1% biker club (you low raters probably don't even know what that means), this is as close to that world as anyone can get! I hope it never ends!!!!
  83. taiche
    Nov 6, 2009
    I'm not into biker culture, but I love this show. I'm sure bikers don't like it - maybe, maybe not. But Tommy Flanagan is in it and that is why I watch it. As a matter of fact, I don't watch prime time, but I watch this show - On Demand - so that I don't have to watch commercials. Oh, and for the rest of you, make sure you use "you're" and not "your" WHEN YOU I'm not into biker culture, but I love this show. I'm sure bikers don't like it - maybe, maybe not. But Tommy Flanagan is in it and that is why I watch it. As a matter of fact, I don't watch prime time, but I watch this show - On Demand - so that I don't have to watch commercials. Oh, and for the rest of you, make sure you use "you're" and not "your" WHEN YOU MEAN "YOU ARE"! 2 DIFFERENT WORDS WITH DIFFERENT MEANINGS! 2ND PERSON CONTRACTION OF THE VERB TO BE IS NOT REPRESENTED BY THE 2ND PERSON POSSESSIVE OF "YOUR"!!!!!! You see this word MISUSED constantly. So, be careful of calling someone an idiot when YOU'RE using incorrect grammar. THE GRAMMAR QUEEN. Expand
  84. HopeK.
    Nov 19, 2008
    This is my favorite show! I love Jax (charlie hunnam) The storyline is one of the best but wouldn't be without the right cast! I hope the show and cast sticks around for a long time!!!!!!
  85. CarreyW
    Dec 11, 2008
    I love the show, it's original, darkly funny, and it's believeable to a certain extent. And, it deals with issues that aren't solved in 30 mins with a happy lil ending that the credits all like so well.
  86. BrianD
    Nov 14, 2009
    I love this stuff, I love this show, action and great story line . These characters act and interact like real people and not cartoon characters, being a series you can get excellent character development over time, cliffhanger endings also were excellent.
  87. philipw
    Nov 28, 2009
    One of the best shows of 2008-2009. It is character driven, by the same guy who did The Shield, but a much more compact and better scripted show.
  88. LornaM
    Dec 12, 2009
    This "is" the best show since the Sopranos. The acting is topnotch!!!
  89. Sep 9, 2010
    I have no idea how the writers of this show are able to keep the show from straying into full-on machismo territory or get themselves out of all the corners that they write themselves into-- but they do and they do it all very well.
  90. pir
    Oct 12, 2010
    i did not expect to like this show as much as i do -- i originally checked it out merely based on its high score here. i have no affiliation with biker clubs (i prefer japanese crotch rockets to harleys any day). but i am solidly hooked -- way to take a subculture that's distasteful to most and instead of vilifying a caricature of it, making it believable, understandable, and nuancedi did not expect to like this show as much as i do -- i originally checked it out merely based on its high score here. i have no affiliation with biker clubs (i prefer japanese crotch rockets to harleys any day). but i am solidly hooked -- way to take a subculture that's distasteful to most and instead of vilifying a caricature of it, making it believable, understandable, and nuanced enough to display the many shades of grey colouring the human conscience. if anything, in order to show us the moral ambiguity of the bikers, the show portrays nearly all law enforcement as venal, overly ambitious, justifying the means for the sake of the end, which ends up romanticizing the bikers; i'd like more realism there. Expand
  91. May 17, 2011
    I used to think all bikers were people who hung on to a America that does not exsist anymore but that does not matter as I now think that they are ball cutting, ruthless bad asses, damn I want one of those jackets and Katey Segal is hot.
  92. Apr 15, 2015
    The first few episodes of Son’s of Anarchy’s first season certainly showed potential but seemed to lack direction. As a result, despite some good performances, it wasn't immediately clear exactly why we should care about what happens to a bunch of bikers, many of whom aren't particularly nice people.

Fortunately as the season progressed things started to come together meaning that audiences we treated to some truly gripping drama as battle lines are drawn for what should be a superb second season.

Overall this was a promising start to a new series.
  93. Jan 15, 2015
    I just watched all six seasons in about a three week period. It is a good show that boils down to the concept that lies and impulsive actions often lead to bad things. There were times when the show was using commonly used story lines, but then they would do a slightly unique spin.
    I cannot say the series was truly original, but it was well executed. If you want a more original series that has drugs and gangs in the storyline, Breaking Bad is the better option. They did a great job casting and they managed to make you see the human side of some of the worst of characters.
    If you are a fan of gangster style shows, such as The Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire, you will likely enjoy this series. It is six seasons long, so there is ton of shows to take in. Currently, the entire series is on Netflix.
  94. Sep 18, 2012
    Definitely a good watch. Definitely a good watch. Definitely a good watch. Definitely a good watch. Definitely a good watch. Definitely a good watch.
  95. Mar 14, 2015
    Some shows just don't sound that interesting, and I admit when I heard about this new show, featuring an outlaw motorcycle club, I wasn't interested. Similar to shows like Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy gained it's reputation by word of mouth. Once word got out about just how well written this show was and how deep the character development was, it gained a following, and by the end, it wasSome shows just don't sound that interesting, and I admit when I heard about this new show, featuring an outlaw motorcycle club, I wasn't interested. Similar to shows like Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy gained it's reputation by word of mouth. Once word got out about just how well written this show was and how deep the character development was, it gained a following, and by the end, it was one of the highest rated shows on cable.

For over 20 years, SAMCRO (Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club Redwood Originals) and Sheriff Wayne Uncer (Dayton Callie) have kept the small town of Charming California safe, a suburban paradise in an otherwise corrupt world. A series of events start to change all that, and SAMCRO is forced under the microscope. A shift in attitude, an ambitious young sheriff, and the ATF all threaten to destroy Charming and SAMCRO. Left with few options, the club must form new alliances and carry on business as usual if they hope to survive.

I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong about this show, I just couldn't wrap my head around it. How could a show about a motorcycle club be any good? It turns out that it was more than good, due to a combination of complex characters and tremendous writing. No one would have ever imagined just how in depth and shocking this show would become, and it's a real tribute to Creator, Kurt Sutter, who always had another trick up his sleeve. Just when it seems like there is nowhere else to go, the show changes direction, characters change, and the story evolves. Sons of Anarchy seemingly gets better with every season, but it's not just due to the writing, it's the actors themselves.

Sons of Anarchy has some of the best writing I've seen in a television show and the characters (while on the surface are nothing more than outlaw bikers) are so complex and interesting that I was hooked after just a few episodes. This show is as addicting as it gets, because everything seems to fall into place and it just work. From the casting, to the comedic moments, there isn't anything about this show that I could possibly complain about, as it earned it's reputation for being one of the best shows on cable. Sons of Anarchy, if nothing else re-enforces the old theory that you most certainly can't judge a book by it's cover.
  96. Aug 30, 2014
    The plot lines tend to get a bit ridiculous and seem to be tacked on at times. In fact, that feeling crept up on me more than once where it seemed like the writers brainstormed with the end verdict being "Ooh we should do that! Yeah that would be cool!" without thinking much about how that would pan out in the greater scope of things. And yet despite this and all its other flaws I loveThe plot lines tend to get a bit ridiculous and seem to be tacked on at times. In fact, that feeling crept up on me more than once where it seemed like the writers brainstormed with the end verdict being "Ooh we should do that! Yeah that would be cool!" without thinking much about how that would pan out in the greater scope of things. And yet despite this and all its other flaws I love this show and its character portrayal. Expand
  97. Dec 12, 2014
    Actual score: 20/10 but it only lets me go to a 10, so I guess that is where it will stay. Give this show a try and you wont be disappointed. Of course, set your expectations, unlike some of these reviewers who thought they were going to watch a sitcom. This show is about an outlaw motorcycle club who do outlaw acts. Awesome show!
  98. Aug 15, 2014
    I love so much this series, seems not, but the main plot it is full of dramatic events and interesting conversations. Do not be fooled by the synopsis, are not only motorcycles and scantily clad girls...
    in my opinion one of the best series that I'm watching, highly recommend it.
  99. Aug 23, 2014
    Not the best season of SoA, but a awesome and badass start. The season develops the characters very well and every episode you feel like something bad is going to happen. I don't give it a 10 because the music montages drive me crazy. I know that they keep on doing this kind of scenes but they don't bother me as they used to in the first season.
  100. Nov 7, 2014
    I was hoping to find something to watch as good as Breaking Bad but did not. I know people that are like a couple of the characters in SOA so in that respect the show is somewhat depressing for me. Why would anybody want to live this for real? I have only watched season 1 so far but I have yet to find a character I admire. Especially when it comes to the women. However I do find the lackI was hoping to find something to watch as good as Breaking Bad but did not. I know people that are like a couple of the characters in SOA so in that respect the show is somewhat depressing for me. Why would anybody want to live this for real? I have only watched season 1 so far but I have yet to find a character I admire. Especially when it comes to the women. However I do find the lack of morality in all the characters very amusing. The way of life is amusing as well. I am thoroughly fascinated at how socially stunted they all are. I get the feeling that all they want for Christmas is a bigger "caveman club". Hopefully it will keep my interest because there is not much out there ATM except for Big Bang. At least the mafia portrayals in movies seemed more sophisticated or should I say a less unsophisticated. I really want to admire one of the characters "in the club" but impossible ATM. Expand

It's grindhouse and art house, and it carries itself as if it doesn't give a damn what you think of it. And its infuriating push-pull quality is still fascinating.
    Sons of Anarchy is bloody, disturbing and maniacally addictive.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Trade press has labeled this "'Easy Rider' Meets 'The Sopranos,'" which seems apt. Show comes from Kurt Sutter, longtime co-executive producer of "The Shield" (and married to Sagal) so that should give you a sense of tone and texture - violent, taut, well written.