• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 3, 2008
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.6

1. Oct 29, 2013
    Oh my God, why didn't anybody think of this sooner! A show about bikers! Tough, independent, sexy, All- American outlaws riding Harleys and kicking butt! But wait, don't they mostly make their money from manufacturing and selling crank, a highly addictive and harmful substance that is killing the soul of blue collar America? Yeah, and I think they may also run drugged out, abused youngOh my God, why didn't anybody think of this sooner! A show about bikers! Tough, independent, sexy, All- American outlaws riding Harleys and kicking butt! But wait, don't they mostly make their money from manufacturing and selling crank, a highly addictive and harmful substance that is killing the soul of blue collar America? Yeah, and I think they may also run drugged out, abused young white slaves for prostitution. Hmm, maybe not such great American heroes after all. But wait, they run guns right? Now that IS cool and All-American, kill, kill, death, death, yeah! Problem solved, they're ultra cool biker who ONLY run guns, no crank or underage whores. Expand
  2. Dec 9, 2014
    Nothing more than white trash cheesy garbage.

I read a few reviews before watching, gave it a few episodes to see if anything worthwhile developed. Nope. Talk about the desensitization and dumbing down of society. Do any people over the age of 12, that dont live in a trailer park or ghetto.. actually find this "entertaining"? I mean seriously.. they cant finish a proper sentence and
    Nothing more than white trash cheesy garbage.

Talk about the desensitization and dumbing down of society. Do any people over the age of 12, that dont live in a trailer park or ghetto.. actually find this "entertaining"? I mean seriously.. they cant finish a proper sentence and throughout speak like uneducated street corner wannabe thug idiots. They kill with absolutely no remorse whatsoever and then a minute later say "please", "thank you", hug other men, cry in front of rival gangs etc... definitely not the Hells Angels thats for sure. And whats with the show producers obsession with skanky fat old mens arses? Every last episode I've watched has an arse in it. Disgusting. A few of the actors are good elsewhere, but the scripts given in this series are absolutely pathetic.

Trash TV period end of. Go away already with this garbage FX!!!!!
  3. May 2, 2015
    so much bulla in the show. come on writers, be more real please. The show is so slow and does not have enough climax. fake ass show. There is also so much unrelated drama and makes the story even more stupid.
  4. Jul 11, 2013
    After struggling through season 1, we really wanted to like this show but time and time again watching it became more of a chore than anything else.
    Unlike many current shows I enjoy watching, Sons of Anarchy assumes the viewer does not have a brain. Nothing actually happens in this show and when it does, it is so brief that if you blink you might miss it. Even if you don’t miss it, I wonder what the point of it was anyways because it adds no real value to the story.
    All we see is a bunch of guys hanging out, drinking, cheating on their wives and shooting guns. From time to time they go on these “missions” which are forgotten about in the next episode and have very little significance.

I tried very hard to care about the characters but I cannot. They are so two dimensional that I just could not care less. Maybe I do not understand the way of life of being in a biker gang, but I thought that a show like this was supposed to educate you on a way of life different than your own. It tries to I guess but it struggles and miserably fails.

If you enjoy brainless TV then this show might be for you because to enjoy it, you literally have to shut off your brain and prepare yourself for the garbage. But if you actually enjoy shows that make you think, that have character development and that ties together a cohesive story outside of sitting around the living room drinking beer then I suggest you do not waste your time.
  5. BernardoS.
    Sep 11, 2008
    Didn't got my attention mainly because of the fact that it doesn't happen in our days.
  6. Davey
    Sep 5, 2008
    This was the worst, most disappointing new show I've seen in years. Bad writing and direction, amateur acting, nothing in the plot to care about at all. There's this white gang and this black gang and this Latin gang and they all go around blowing up each others' gun stashes. Oh, and then there's this pathetic subplot about the blond kid's anguished search for the This was the worst, most disappointing new show I've seen in years. Bad writing and direction, amateur acting, nothing in the plot to care about at all. There's this white gang and this black gang and this Latin gang and they all go around blowing up each others' gun stashes. Oh, and then there's this pathetic subplot about the blond kid's anguished search for the meaning of life, blablabla. This belongs in the daytime soap slot. I just hope it's not a preview of the rest of FX's new shows. I was looking forward to them. Expand
  7. RobertK.
    Sep 16, 2008
    Truly ugly- a new low even for Fox.
  8. BrianM.
    Sep 3, 2008
    What a flop, what a waste of resources, I turned it off after the first 20 minutes felt like 2 hrs, cancel this and not the Shield.
  9. Nov 24, 2010
    Watched first 3 episodes, but not the pilot. High point is Katey Sagal. Predictable soap opera with laughably unbelievable story situations. Not enough budget for the production values their stories require.
  10. Oct 1, 2011
    The worst show I've seen of late. Ranks together with "The Borgias". Terrible acting, no purpose or rationale to the plot. Bad direction. Trying too hard to be cool with characters that the audience are not really compelled to care about. Couldnt finish the 1st episode. Trash.
  11. Dec 29, 2012
    After hearing an onslaught of how "great" this show was, I decided to give it a chance. So I watched the first 2 seasons... I can't say I really want to continue with it. It's too cliche, unrealistic, and boring. Apparently the writers of this show have never heard of a "line-up", often times in the show they smash up entire stores, steal cars etc, meanwhile plenty of people are watching.After hearing an onslaught of how "great" this show was, I decided to give it a chance. So I watched the first 2 seasons... I can't say I really want to continue with it. It's too cliche, unrealistic, and boring. Apparently the writers of this show have never heard of a "line-up", often times in the show they smash up entire stores, steal cars etc, meanwhile plenty of people are watching. Them having a one horse town police department in their pocket,isn't going to stop the justice system. Someone files an internal affairs complaint with that department I guarantee the feds would be swarming. The plot has no real direction, this gang blows up this gangs crap, and then they retaliate. There's no real rhyme or reason for the show just a bunch of wannabe thugs riding motorcycles. Ehh but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Expand
  12. Dec 10, 2014
    I've watched this show since the very beginning in 2008, and I'm wiriting this review only after the series finale: this series gets worse season after season. It holds up decently up to season 3 or 4, then is a very sad descent into TV's garbage bin, to the lackluster and lame ending. There are too many good things to do in life and too little time to spend, to waste it watching Sons ofI've watched this show since the very beginning in 2008, and I'm wiriting this review only after the series finale: this series gets worse season after season. It holds up decently up to season 3 or 4, then is a very sad descent into TV's garbage bin, to the lackluster and lame ending. There are too many good things to do in life and too little time to spend, to waste it watching Sons of Anarchy. Kurt Sutter is no Shakespeare, he should just be ashamed by trying to relate his rubbish to the bard. Expand
  13. May 15, 2014
    The cast is great but the plot lines are terrible. Each episode sees characters doing stupid unrealistic things that make no sense at all. They get in to a new mess at every turn and you just find yourself shouting at the screen: "Why would you do that!?!?!" They are meant to be a hard core biker gang, yet they keep letting enemies live when they have them at gun point only to get shot inThe cast is great but the plot lines are terrible. Each episode sees characters doing stupid unrealistic things that make no sense at all. They get in to a new mess at every turn and you just find yourself shouting at the screen: "Why would you do that!?!?!" They are meant to be a hard core biker gang, yet they keep letting enemies live when they have them at gun point only to get shot in the back by the same enemies in the next scene. No one seems to learn! It's enraging and aimed at brainless soap opera fans who just have to have something to watch regardless of if it makes any sense!

I’m giving it 3 stars just because I think the cast is great. Nothing else about this program is.
  14. Dec 10, 2014
    Terrible over the top writing. Characters are unbelievable, bikers without addiction problems? Bikers with transexual meaningful relationships? Hundreds of bodies with no federal investigators on scene. This is drivel.

It's grindhouse and art house, and it carries itself as if it doesn't give a damn what you think of it. And its infuriating push-pull quality is still fascinating.
    Sons of Anarchy is bloody, disturbing and maniacally addictive.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Trade press has labeled this "'Easy Rider' Meets 'The Sopranos,'" which seems apt. Show comes from Kurt Sutter, longtime co-executive producer of "The Shield" (and married to Sagal) so that should give you a sense of tone and texture - violent, taut, well written.