• Network: LOGO
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 23, 2008
8.2

1. ThomasW.
    Nov 16, 2008
    We can't fault it for being too short! That means we love it! It's such a fun show, and there are few shows with such a large ensemble that are all equally incredible!!
  2. BobH.
    Oct 30, 2008
    This show is the highlight of my week. I am from TN and the characters are so correct, I know it is supposed to be in Texas. I love the fact that it is REAL and not glossed and airbrushed. This is good TV. I can't wait til it starts again.
  3. ChadG.
    Oct 30, 2008
    The cast is great esp. Sissy (Beth Grant). I do think there are too many story lines to follow. They gay story in LA is dated and does not fit with the Texas story. Call waiting episode is a classic. A guilty pleasure!!
  4. BruceP.
    Aug 17, 2008
    Love it! Fantastic show in every aspect!!!
  5. JoseP.
    Aug 14, 2008
    Hysterically funny, white-trash characters and saucy scripts that make me howl!
  6. TerryB.
    Aug 1, 2008
    This is a VERY funny show! It not only exploits all of the "virtuous" things in every small town U.S.A., but it points out that everyone - rich or poor - has issues with which they struggle every day. The writing is sensational, the tongue-in-cheek dark comedy is very biting, and there are many laughs to be had. GREAT SERIES! I hope they do another season after the initial series!
  7. LaneT.
    Jul 24, 2008
    This show is the best comedy on TV!!!

Sordid Lives: The Series has a decidedly amateurish tone, with shoddy production values and acting that shows some seams. But the tone works in the show's favor.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Ari Karpel
    Del Shores brings his movie and stage show about crazy Texan Women and slightly-less-crazy gay men to TV with a cavalcade of camp icons and brilliant, canon-ready Beth Grant. [25 Jul 2008, p.64]
  3. Shores has created a funny, loopy, off-kilter comedy that, truth be told, probably would play just as well on other cable channels, including Comedy Central and TV Land.