• Network: NBC , TNT
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 9, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.5

1. Sep 18, 2012
    Not the instant satisfaction I got from the shield but over time it wore off on me and now I think the show is great. Not the instant satisfaction I got from the shield but over time it wore off on me and now I think the show is great.
  2. Nov 23, 2011
    Such a great hit show . i **** love this show! it grabbed me right away and i cant get enough! all of the different cop relationships work. the show is straight up real and that's what appeals to everyone that loves it.
  3. Mar 11, 2011
    Southland is such a good show. The show is always interesting and continues to keep me tuning in for more. The characters are very interesting and they have had some wild surprises. I don't know how anyone could call Southland a horrible show when its the exact opposite. I couldn't believe it when NBC cancelled but I am hoping that TNT continues to bring us more Southland.
  4. Mar 2, 2011
    I am very impressed with a new "good" cop show. The characters are what make the show. I usually don't care to know the personal lives of the cops and just want the crime, problem solving and resolution. But, these people are so interestingly flawed you want to see how it plays into their work lives.
  5. Feb 27, 2011
    Probably the best and most respectable yet underrated cop dramas on television. As gritty as it is gripping you can bring yourself to care about and/or dislike the characters involved, major and minor; the show is not the second coming of Jesus but it deserves a lot of things, including your attention.
  6. Feb 21, 2011
    This show is the most raw depiction of cop life on the air. NBC was a fool to pass up on this excellent show. This season has been very tense. I especially loved the fourth episode of this season. Don't wanna give out any spoilers, but if you're a true fan of the show, you'll know why episode 4 was so good. This is the best cop drama on television, and it's a shame not many people are watching it. The producer of ER has picked a stellar cast, and the storytelling is sharp. Sherman and Cooper are the best cop duo ever assembled. The acting is superb, not just by these too but all of the cast. Regina King does an amazing job as well. This show seems so realistic that sometimes I feel like I'm watching COPS. Anyway, this season in my opinion, is the best thus far. Despite the budget cuts, the creators are taking this show in the right direction and this show needs to be recognized. Expand
  7. Jan 11, 2011
    Read my full review at http://thecriticalfan.blogspot.com/2011/01/tv-episode-review-southland-let-it-snow.html

Southland returned with a fairly low-key episode to start its 2.5th season (are we really counting TNTâ
  8. Jan 8, 2011
    Greatest cop show I have ever seen. The characters make the audience know what it is like in the life of a police officer. It is an awesome and great cop show that balances procedural and serialized elements. The characters and acting is great.
  9. Jan 4, 2011
    A great cop show that balances procedural and serialized elements successfully. The characters and acting are fantastic. Not revolutionary, but better than anything similar on CBS.

1. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Jan 4, 2011
    Southland's cast remains one of its best selling points.
  2. Reviewed by: Ellen Gray
    Jan 4, 2011
    Southland, which seems to be at pains to give each of its characters and their stories equal weight, may just be a little too evenhanded for its own good.
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jan 4, 2011
    There is nothing heightened or cheapened by contrivance as the detectives and patrol cops go about their often sordid business.