Season #: 1, 2
9.1

1. May 28, 2014
    I've got to say. I was utter surprised by this series. At first it was a little slow, but that fact is easily overlooked as it is meant to be. character development of the two main character is so well done and the dialogue is expertly written. Every conversation, situation and delivery feels and sounds completely natural.

The opening and closing music themes are beautiful and I could

The opening and closing music themes are beautiful and I could easily rate them as the best I've ever heard from any anime.

Animation is just pretty and peaceful, with some rather tranquil backdrops. The main character designs are very nice and extremely detailed. However, I did find that allot of the side characters rather bland, lacking any real thought. While they aren't there for long and quickly forgotten, it does feel like they could have done better.

Overall:
    Usually this kind of show is not my thing, BUT, Spice and Wolf is just so endearing and well written that you can not help but fall in love with it. Truly one of the better animes I have seen.
  2. Aug 2, 2013
    Better than most love stories in anime, with a high-detailed background (economics and medieval cuisine mostly) and dialogue-heavy plot to raise its inherent value. The main couple engages in a rich banter every episode, slowly giving hints how much they're falling for each other.
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    Great music, art direction, plot, dialogue, characterization, and romance. Tied as one of my favorite shows of all time. The economics are just a bonus and I've never heard of anyone who has seen this and not liked it.
  4. May 5, 2012
    Ok, by far, this is my favorite Anime of all time. The story is just so good... the characters are realistic, the plot is really good, the director just did an amazing job on this show. It's already 2 seasons into it and it's one of the most popular in the world. Holo is the best character (not to mention the most beautiful), and Lawrence is the perfect example of a Merchant from theOk, by far, this is my favorite Anime of all time. The story is just so good... the characters are realistic, the plot is really good, the director just did an amazing job on this show. It's already 2 seasons into it and it's one of the most popular in the world. Holo is the best character (not to mention the most beautiful), and Lawrence is the perfect example of a Merchant from the Midevil Days. If you're into the Romance Animes, this is definitely the anime for you. I bet you $20, that by the end of the first season, you'll be hooked. 11/10 Stars! Now, Season 3 please! Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.