SpongeBob SquarePants : Season 3

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
9.1

1. Aug 1, 2012
    After season 1 of Spongebob, or as I call it, the Nick era, Spongebob got just enough ratings to be renewed for another season. Now, with a higher budget, Paint and Ink animation, top notch writers and a pot full of ideas, The Great era of Spongebob was about to begin and shake the world forever. While season 1 of Spongebob started up the show, it refused to set itself apart from the otherAfter season 1 of Spongebob, or as I call it, the Nick era, Spongebob got just enough ratings to be renewed for another season. Now, with a higher budget, Paint and Ink animation, top notch writers and a pot full of ideas, The Great era of Spongebob was about to begin and shake the world forever. While season 1 of Spongebob started up the show, it refused to set itself apart from the other Nicktoons airing at the time Soimething just didn't feel right. But there is a reason Spongebob is known today, and this is why: seasons 2 and 3 of spongebob squarepants gave spongebob the right to be not only the best cartoon on Nick, but one of the greatest cartoons ever made, winning several awards and winning several hearts of fans. First off, season 2 and 3 look a whole lot prettier than season 1. In this era, they switched to paint and ink animation, and it certainly show. Colors and backgrounds seem a whole lot more brighter, balanced, and seem to pop off the screen. Nothing looks out of place. second, the writing is ten times better than any show on Nick. And to this day, I don't know anyone who hasn't quoted a line from a spongebob episode. 5 year old kids constantly re-enact the lines by heart. Why? because the writing is memorable and impossible to forget. The events in the show are just so iconic and unforgettable, it's amiazingly fun to watch. Who can forget moment like when Spongebob sang "sweet Victory", or when Manray tried to give Patrick back his wallet ("It's not my wallet")? These are the moments that define childhoods. Not Pearls 16th birthday, or Spongebob surfing on "The Big One", or sining mermaids that summon fog and take your stuff or karate island, what defined our childhoods were lines like "It's an Alaskan Bull Worm!" and "Big Meaty Claws" and "Chocolate?...did you say chocolate?!!" In fact at this time, Spongebob was so good, a movie was released in therters about him. Stuff like that doesn't happen today. Needless to say that the only reason spongebob is still airing, the reason spongebob is still going strong, the reason those terrible peices of garbage posing as cartoons air today is becaus of these two seasons. If there was one show that I had to watch now until Dec. 21 comes around and we all die, it would be The Great era of Spongebob SquarePants. Here you go season2/3. A perfect 10. You earned it. However, not all stayed pretty. Go to my season 4 review to see where it all went wrong somehow Expand
  2. Nov 19, 2011
    This season was the last of the good years of spongebob, before Steven Hilenberg left the show and most of the writers with him. The jokes are still really funny, although a bit more down beat at times, and the animation is still impressive today.
  3. Jun 1, 2013
    The last good season of Spongebob. This show was basically an adult cartoon that was suitable for kids to watch until after the movie. In fact it might have been the wittiest and funniest cartoon ever made. However, after the movie was made and the original writers left it seemed like they started to try to aim the show towards younger audiences. That feeling lasted a little while, butThe last good season of Spongebob. This show was basically an adult cartoon that was suitable for kids to watch until after the movie. In fact it might have been the wittiest and funniest cartoon ever made. However, after the movie was made and the original writers left it seemed like they started to try to aim the show towards younger audiences. That feeling lasted a little while, but soon it became clear that the show was heading towards true awfulness. It's a shame how easily brilliance turns to crap in the face of lazy writing. And lazy is what the new writers are being. They think people should watch it still just because of the name, but by now even that's soiled. Soiled it! Soiled it! Soiled it! Expand
  4. Nov 17, 2013
    Spongebob Season 3 is so good human words can't explain it. Some of my favorite episodes include Ugh, Party Pooper Pants, Can You Spare a Dime?, Chocolate With Nuts, and The Camping Episode. My favorite character of this season is Spongebob. My favorite joke is the crazy "CHOCOLATE!" guy.
  5. Ike
    Feb 2, 2014
    NOTE: The nubers you see in parentheses is the spot it earns on my top favorite SpongeBob episodes.
    Season 3 was great. The first half was not only as good as season 2, but even better. I would honestly give it an 11/10. That's how much I love the first half of this season. The second half? Ehh. . .it's. . .okay, but nothing spectacular. I'd give it a 7/10. 11 + 7 = 18/2 = 9/10 so that's how I got my rating. Before I get into the great things about this season, I'd like to get rid of my faults with the second half. (episodes 51-60b) It was noticeable, even with the old writers, things were starting to go a little downhill. Yes, many episodes from the second half were great like Chocolate With Nuts (#7) or the Camping Episode (my all time favorite episode), but some episodes were incredibly mediocre! Take Krabby Land for example; Mr. Krabs has always been cheap, but he's had a heart up to this point. He cared for his daughter, for SpongeBob, and tries to make everyone like him, but he is so one dimensional in Krabby Land, he even said, "I don't care about the children. I just care about their parent's money!" Not only that, but the plots are very stale, too. Like in The Lost Episode where SpongeBob wants to fly with the jellyfish for whatever reason and the townspeople are completely and utterly retarded, and they didn't care about SpongeBob even after he fell hundreds of inches, and instead they cared about his Ripped Pants. Many other episodes like Ugh or Party Pooper Pants felt very gimmicky and made no sense. I can't stand Party Pooper Pants! It totally ruins SpongeBob's bright personality and it feels very cliché. I said I adored the plotlines of season 2's episodes, but some of them make less sense than season 1's did. *coughihadanaccidentcough* But like I said there were still some enjoyable episodes from the second half like the Camping Episode or Chocolate With Nuts, or even the one where they pretend to be ghosts was decent. But the first half is so unbelievably, unconceivably amazing I just have to rate this season higher. Some such great episodes include Can You Spare a Dime (#5), No Weenies Allowed (#8), Wet Painters (#14), The Krusty Krab Training Video (#11), One Krabs Trash (#15), Nasty Patty (#10), The Idiot Box (#17), and who could forget Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV (#9)? Wumbo.
    Overall, even though some episodes from the second half are rather stale, season 3, on the whole, is fantastic.
  6. Oct 9, 2014
    It's not easy to make an awesome show and keep it that way for nine long seasons, with a tenth one coming soon, Nickelodeon managed to pull it off, and because of that, it's by far the most popular show on the channel. Good job, keep it going with new episodes, Nick!!
  7. May 12, 2014
    This season is the best Spongebob season ever. This season brings many spectacular episodes to the table, like The Camping Episode, Club Spongebob, Just One Bite, Nasty Patty, and many more! The humor is still really funny, animation is still impressive, and the storyline is like every Spongebob season (excluding season 5-9), simplistic and funny.
  8. Dec 27, 2015
    Here comes the last great season of SpongeBob. It'll deserve the 10 as it wishes before the rest of the seasons come in expecting lower scores than this.

There are no critic reviews yet.