8.2

1. Nov 16, 2010
    Actually pretty good. I think the only reason this kicked crap out of the movie is that the TV show can deliver us scenes without making it into a big mess.
  2. Dec 4, 2010
    The only good show on Cartoon Network these days (although Young Justice looks promising). Very fine addition to the expanded universe of Star Wars, and, dare I say it, just as wonderful as the six live action movies. Thank you George Lucas!
  3. Oct 27, 2011
    foijwopiejfropwiejfpwoeijfwpoeijfopweijfpowijfpowijefpoiwpeoifjpoijpoipoijpoijpoijpoifwqekofjwpoiefjpweoijfepwoijfpowijefpoiwjfpoweijefpoijpoijpoijpoijpoijpoij
  4. Mar 3, 2011
    This is the best TV show to ever be made. There has never been a better TV show that was made previous to this. Maybe the live action Star Wars show that might eventually come out will be better, but that's about it.
  5. May 17, 2012
    Star wars: the clone wars: season 1 is good, a few episodes are brilliant, a couple of episodes suck, a few are great, and the rest are just good. Sometimes it is quite funny. The art style is kinda weird, I don't love it. Asoka tano is annoying. It's better than the movie (only just). I'll put it this way, it's a good show (so far), I know I say this about everything I give a 7, but I want to give it an 8, but it doesn't quite deserve it. Expand
  6. Sep 29, 2011
    This is a very good show. I think that it really captures a more cartoon type version of the Star Wars Franchise. Every episode is very original, has a great story, and makes the show so amazing. I've been watching this show since its first episode, and I've loved it ever since. Aside from the plot of every episode, the animation is great too. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. I hate it when people underrate this show because it's meant for children. To me it's meant for everyone! Expand
  7. Mar 15, 2014
    What can I say about a show that reduces the great Star Wars franchise into a kid's show? Well, nothing positive. Let's just say, this show shouldn't have happened. It has nothing original in it. It is only there to destroy the fan's faith in Star Wars and lower our expectations towards episode VII. At least that's what it did to me. I understand that this show was made for the younger audience, but such a show can be made without completely destroying the canon and disappointing the older fans. Even the pattern of the episodes are bad. I mean, every episode is basically the same and it makes me mad seeing the same conclusion over and over again. The heroes always win at the last second. This "last second save" element was always the cliché, but Dave Filoni succeeded in making it even worse. I have yet to talk about the canon-destroying elements, so here I go: Anakin has a padawan (in Episode III, Anakin shows no sign that he ever had a padawan), a chip is inserted into the clone trooper's brains, which hold the contingency orders (this is another epic fail, because the already established canon said that orders were taught to the clone troopers and their genes are changed to make them obey orders), Yoda basically knows what will happen in Episode III (guess Filoni didn't have any original ideas so he made this wannabe-mindblowing story), droids having personalities (they made an entire story-arc that follows a squad of droids and a non-existing small creature to steal a chip from the CIS, this story is already bleeding from many wounds, but they made it so that the droids are developing their own individual personality. In the Star Wars universe, droids are servants of organic beings and they follow orders without a question, period. I can't take that story-arc as canon, because it's just too stupid, not sure why/how the TCW team didn't realise it), and there are numerous others that I will not mention here because they are really small, like Grievous coughing before the battle of Coruscant (his lungs were perfect before, but Windu crushed them when Grievous captured the Chancellor). Overall, this show was the biggest disappointment in Star Wars I ever had. This show is trying to be Star Wars, but fails horribly. And what is worse than this: instead of getting fired and banned from making anything Star Wars related, Filoni gets to make another public rape of the Star Wars saga, which will be called "Rebels"... I hope Episode VII will be good enough to compensate the cancer Dave Filoni created in the hearts of the Star Wars fans. Expand
  8. Jun 18, 2012
    Great tv show, Soooooo dynamic and interesting, I don't like the Prequels but I do like this, it is very interesting to see the transformation of each character over the 4 years..... Awesome.
  9. Mar 15, 2014
    I have no idea why this has such high ratings. anyone giving this a high rating has clearly gone to Mos Eisley Cantina and got drunk with Han Solo, and thought Greedo shot first.
  10. Nov 23, 2012
    A great show if you love Star Wars. I love each and every episode. They show a lot of the planets that you never actually got to see in the movies which is awesome.

Unfortunately the fact that Anakin has a padawan is very annoying to me. Ahsoka annoys the heck out of me. The droids in this show are also very annoying because they actually talk... Like wtf. In the movie they don't really
    talk. I mean, they say things like "roger" but that's about it, but in this show they actually talk and act like they're not robots which is weird.

Great show otherwise, though.
  11. Nov 12, 2012
    Despite the low rating, The show is quite good and has a ton of potential for future seasons. My biggest problems with the show this season though are as follows. 1 - There were plenty lines of dialogue that were just awful, Lines intended to be funny but were not, That needs to change. 2 - There was no real story line this season. It was basically jumping from one event to another, Some spanning multiple episodes (which I liked better then just one episode events), They need a better overall plot next season. 3 - Lack of a main villain. Shows, especially shows like this, thrive on villains and their lack of one definently hurt it. It seems, at least from the teasers of the next season, that they fixed that but only time will tell. 4 - It takes a while to get into. I took me about 5 episodes to get into the show. If you wanna watch the show then I would advise at least giving it an entire season before deciding on dropping it or not.

As for the positives. 1 - A ton of potential, The show is rather solid overall with good voice acting and good production values, If the storyline improves then they have a hit on their hands. 2 - I love seeing the point of view from background characters, Characters that are not focused on in the films but are in the show. There are a few episodes focusing on the clone troopers and how they deal with the war, I quite liked that and hope they give more of it. 3 - I love how they break up events into multiple episodes. It makes for a much better story overall imo.

As I said in the begining, The show has a ton of potential but the first season of the show is flawed but has a ton of room for improvement.
  12. Nov 25, 2012
    The story and the animation are awesome!I love watching this with my nephews and as the show progresses its getting better and better,the story telling vastly improved over the previous seasons and the animation is even better.
  13. Mar 5, 2013
    Fantastic. Excellent action, animation and sometimes even some brutal violence.
  14. Apr 17, 2013
    Love it. It's what the prequels should have been. And anyone that says otherwise isn't a true Star Wars fan. Sometimes it can be a little cheesy but as the years went buy each season got better and better and better. It actually got to the point of almost a drama. 10/10
  15. Apr 16, 2014
    Great show. Some of the episodes seem like filler but I especially like the ones that involve the clone troopers as they barely get any love during the movies. This show has given them personality and their struggles as human beings to be free and unique from each other. It also "fixes" Anakin's character as it makes him more of the great warrior he was supposed to be before he turned to the dark side and eventually became Darth Vader. Maybe people may not like Ashoka Tano at first but she grows on you after several seasons as she learns to be a better Jedi. Even if people don't like the show overall due to whatever reason, I don't think any Star Wars fan can resist liking the ones that include the story of Squad Domino (Fives/Echo, etc.) and the ones that develop Captain Rex's character. The only fault the show has is that it does jump around from character to character very quickly just like the movies do. Overall, it does help fill in a lot of the plot holes and develops characters (especially the Jedi Masters) that make cameos in the movies but are never formally introduced. Jedi Master Plo Koon went from one of the Jedi Masters that were executed in Order 66 in the "Revenge of the Sith" to one of my favorite Jedi in Star Wars lore. This guy is pretty awesome. If it weren't for this show, we would have never known about him. I'm just glad to see a more mature and interesting version of Anakin Skywalker. Expand

This new show is at least better paced than the horribly wooden prequels, but little about Clone Wars is involving.
  2. Reviewed by: Jeff Jensen
    At least the TV spin-off is decent--definitely more suspenseful and character-centric than the bombastic pilot flick.
  3. Although no half-hour TV series is going to capture the visual splendor and sophisticated sound of the big-screen experience, it's surprising how well this series reflects the style, attitude, ideals and spirit of the six "Star Wars" films.