• Network: Syfy
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 2, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2
6.0

1. Oct 3, 2011
    I am and always be an SG1 fan I also love SGA. I tried to like SGU but there was nothing to connect me to these characters the only it had in common with SG1 was a Star Gate. I gave up hope for it to improve the show was clearly going for a new audience not fans of the original show. SGU was the first Syfy cancellation I was happy about.
  2. Oct 10, 2010
    I really, really wanted to like this show. I could like it--I like science fiction and some of the actors featured on this show--but the writing is persistently so very, very, very bad. Please get new writers to save this show. As it is, the script--what the actors do and say and decisions they make--is completely unbelievable 90% of the time. I spend most of the show thinking,I really, really wanted to like this show. I could like it--I like science fiction and some of the actors featured on this show--but the writing is persistently so very, very, very bad. Please get new writers to save this show. As it is, the script--what the actors do and say and decisions they make--is completely unbelievable 90% of the time. I spend most of the show thinking, "you've got to be kidding me." I cringe every time the writers over explain the obvious with lines that underestimate the intelligence of the audience and and provoke a "duh!" response. They could have done so much with this show; it had so much potential, and an eager Sci-Fi audience. Such a disappointment. The characters are just bad tempered, mean, some of them irrelevant--I end up thinking, "Who cares about these people?" Some have called SGU "dark" and "depressing" I think the "dark" aspect is just plain bad writing. I think the "depressing" aspect is that it leaves the viewer depressed because it so just so bad. It is so bad, it can't even be funny bad. I do watch this regularly because I am a big Sci-Fi fan, and I am persisting in my belief that a turnover in writers and actors could save this show. So I watch every week with hope, and end up disappointed. I won't stop watching--because I love Sci-Fi, have loved the SG series, and because I seem to be pathetically optimistic that next time will get better. Expand
  3. Nov 3, 2010
    THIS IS ONE OF THE WORSE SCI-FI SERIES THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN !!! (if you consider this as Sci-FI...). The series is way claustrophobic and most episodes are very boring....
    The action is stale and as a sci-fi the fantasy section feels way way limited.... Most of the series plot is about curing some alien disease or about visiting some boring planet with no local people or some boring personal incidents of the team inside the ship !! I even watched the 2 episodes of Season 2 hoping it will be better but again i was very disappointed.. I will not even bother with this series again, as a Sci-Fi fan i am very disappointed of how pathetic Stargate has turned out...
  4. May 3, 2011
    Every week this show finds a why to smother the science fiction genre to death. It really is not so hard. Every week you beam (or gate) down to a planet shoot some alien in the face and hook up with some green chick.
  5. Aug 27, 2012
    As a big SG1 and SGA fan i was thrilled to see another spin off show had been created, after watching half a dozen shows the level of disappointment has been overwhelming, absolutely nothing happened. Its so different to SG1 that it is unrecognisable, the characters are unlikeable, the spaceship is dull, the plot is thin, the alien technology that allows the crew to zap themselves back toAs a big SG1 and SGA fan i was thrilled to see another spin off show had been created, after watching half a dozen shows the level of disappointment has been overwhelming, absolutely nothing happened. Its so different to SG1 that it is unrecognisable, the characters are unlikeable, the spaceship is dull, the plot is thin, the alien technology that allows the crew to zap themselves back to earth is so obviously just there so that extra earth based plots are available to be inserted when the rest of the story is thin which is most of the time. Its just awful and does not deserve the SG prefix. Expand
  6. Aug 17, 2010
    This is a shame and a disgrace for the Stargate franchise. Incredibly boring, cheesy characters and no action whatsoever. Don't waste your time watching it.
  7. Nov 6, 2010
    It's a rip off of Battlestar Galactica without being nearly as interesting. Thing that annoys me the most are the soundtracks. Normally I'm almost completely oblivious to such a thing but in this case some of the selections are so horrible that I'm pointing it out. And do we really need to put lesbian couples in every series now days? Come on guys, at least try to step outside the box & beIt's a rip off of Battlestar Galactica without being nearly as interesting. Thing that annoys me the most are the soundtracks. Normally I'm almost completely oblivious to such a thing but in this case some of the selections are so horrible that I'm pointing it out. And do we really need to put lesbian couples in every series now days? Come on guys, at least try to step outside the box & be original (except you sound engineers). Sounds like they get drunk and edit the tracks at an Irish pub. If this is just another attempt to rip off Battlestar Galactica; for the record, they used Scottish bagpipes. Big difference. put the beer down. Expand
  8. Sep 22, 2014
    They should have called this show Battlegate Galactica because it was obvious from day one that they wanted to copy what people loved about that show.

This series can join Star Trek Enterprise in the group of spin offs that killed their franchises.

The saddest thing is that the last episode was actually fairly good, everything else was tedious and boring.
  9. Jul 31, 2012
    Their were so many things wrong with SGU, I just don't know where to begin. I guess, I will start with the main cast of unlikable characters, that were stuck on ship. I found most of the main characters to be unlikeable, but three did stand out (that being, Rush, Wrary, and Greer- they did stood out from the others but Rush was an SOB and they really didn't do anything with Wrary andTheir were so many things wrong with SGU, I just don't know where to begin. I guess, I will start with the main cast of unlikable characters, that were stuck on ship. I found most of the main characters to be unlikeable, but three did stand out (that being, Rush, Wrary, and Greer- they did stood out from the others but Rush was an SOB and they really didn't do anything with Wrary and Greer), and I just didn't care about any relationships on the show. Second, like what happened on Caprica, the plot didn't really go anywhere and most of the time we were left with seeing people moping about how screwed they are, screaming at each other, having random sex, and sometimes plotting against each other (which I guess was supposed to be the drama on this show). Third, if you liked the other two Stargate shows, just skipped this one. You will end up offended at what the writers did to some of the most beloved characters and established canon, from the previous two Stargate shows. This list just goes on, but I will say, do not watch this show. Instead, you will have a better time watching the other two Stargate shows, which are Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. Expand

Stories aren't particularly dense or surprising, and some of the conflict feels quite contrived
  2. Reviewed by: Marc Bernardin
    Hopefully the story itself, which finds a band of alien-attack victims jumping blindly through a Stargate and landing on a mysterious spaceship billions of light years from Earth, will eventually transcend this premiere's BSG-lite-ness.
  3. With 19 episodes remaining in this season, there's plenty of time for all this drama to intensify and the characters to sort themselves out as good and not-so-good.