• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 18, 2006
8.3

1. Shannon
    Jan 15, 2007
    I love this show. The writing is great and the cast keeps it interesting. I'm also a huge fan of Matthew Perry.
  2. PeterW.
    Dec 2, 2007
    I really wanted to like this show, but it is unbearably preachy and weighed down with its own pomposity. So much potential. Only this show could make me tune out Amanda Peet. Glad it's gone.
  3. WendyP
    Feb 12, 2007
    I love this show...the characters are terrific. It's so interesting to see what it's really like behind the scenes. I hate that they've taken it off the schedule, let's hope it's back soon.
  4. jasonl
    Feb 23, 2007
    I really enjoy this show and the fact that it makes you pay attention. for once there is some real content in a show and they want to take it away, it is just sad how tv stations work these days!
  5. AnneH
    Mar 12, 2007
    Love it, love it, love it!!
  6. SherrieM
    Mar 12, 2007
    I love the show. I just can't get enough of Matthew Perry.
  7. BlakeM
    Apr 11, 2007
    One of the better shows of the year. Have to say that the last few shows have been very lame though. The romantic relationships are getting tiring. How many more times can Harriet and Matt break up, before it just gets annoying. And the drug habit introduced recently feels very contrived. I wish they would spend more time around funny things that could happen around the Studio, instead of One of the better shows of the year. Have to say that the last few shows have been very lame though. The romantic relationships are getting tiring. How many more times can Harriet and Matt break up, before it just gets annoying. And the drug habit introduced recently feels very contrived. I wish they would spend more time around funny things that could happen around the Studio, instead of these weak relationships. When they focus on the things that happen around the Studio (writing, fans, crazy props, the Business) it feels very smart and engrossing. When they focus on the lame and forced relationships, it really loses much of it's appeal to many. Expand
  8. LindaM
    Apr 29, 2007
    This was my vavorite show of the season, and I was so disappoined when I heard that it probably won't be back. The cast is perfect for the roles and the dialogue is so clever and rich that I often have to backspace on TIVO to catch it's full intent. I find it extremely funny if you can understand all of the lines.
  9. DickL.
    May 26, 2007
    The show mysteriously reappeared on Thursday night with Busfield as star and running the strike hampered production, no Matt, no Brad. It still has the same flaws, poorly lit, muddy audio, throwaway lines, walkietalkie, never shows any talent on the show within a show, six or eight subplots that no one cares about. The Christian Right character still being portrayed as obtuse. The media The show mysteriously reappeared on Thursday night with Busfield as star and running the strike hampered production, no Matt, no Brad. It still has the same flaws, poorly lit, muddy audio, throwaway lines, walkietalkie, never shows any talent on the show within a show, six or eight subplots that no one cares about. The Christian Right character still being portrayed as obtuse. The media in general give the Muslims a pass, but this is ridiculous. Expand
  10. RuthL.
    Jun 15, 2007
    Studio 60 rocks! I'm sad it has been cancelled.
  11. ByronY.
    Jun 16, 2007
    The finest show on television that I never miss, and that I always record on my PVR. Since it returned from hiatus, it is better than ever. The K&R episode about Jeter's brother being captured in Afghanistan is quite riveting. It is intelligent, funny, dramatic....brilliant. One of the best shows ever.
  12. AlyA.
    Aug 22, 2007
    I absolutely never missed this show. I can't believe that they canceled it since it was so clever. I think it was so well written that it just needed a little time to find its followers. One of the only shows I will be sad to see off the air when I can't believe some duds are still there.
  13. Craig
    Sep 13, 2007
    Not funny. Not interesting. I wanted to like it, but I couldn't.
  14. JohanJ
    Nov 11, 2006
    If the U.S. audience isn't smart enough to enjoy it, ship it to Europe. I have no doubt it'd be the biggest thing on TV over here in a heartbeat. Damn brilliant.
  15. jenc
    Nov 14, 2006
    crime shows, sit coms or intelligent writing and thoughtful character lines --- ummmmm what would i like to watch??? superb show. sorkin and cast deserve a time slot that doesn't require football fans with a brain to choose between two pleasurable endeavors... must not cancel and leave us wanting more!
  16. AlissaA
    Nov 22, 2006
    LOVE this show! It brings attention to issues that we sometimes miss or don't always say out loud., and it is interesting to watch. I hope the Republicans don't cancel it!
  17. gabbis
    Dec 28, 2006
    This show has everything I liked about West Wing, without all the politics and war stuff. I was expecting a simple comedy, like SNL, but this is so much deeper. I cannot wait for new episodes to air.
  18. Nov 15, 2011
    Such a shame the show was cancelled, the only reason it lost a point on my behalf is because towards the end it turned into more of a romcom. However if you are contemplating watching it I would highly recommend you do.
  19. Jan 28, 2013
    One of the best shows i have ever watched. Very funny and smart, i really can't believe it was cancelled. Great cast and well done by Sorkin. Matthew Perry is AMAZING!!!
  20. Mar 29, 2013
    This is one of my fav shows bought it dead cheap burned through it. Beside form the a great cast and direction the reason why i love the show is the writing. It has drama, suspense, comedy but not for the sake of it like and great character development. Lot of people are upset that it did not get a second season but if i am honest i don't care i care if a show gets canned and it is left onThis is one of my fav shows bought it dead cheap burned through it. Beside form the a great cast and direction the reason why i love the show is the writing. It has drama, suspense, comedy but not for the sake of it like and great character development. Lot of people are upset that it did not get a second season but if i am honest i don't care i care if a show gets canned and it is left on a cliffhanger of with questions not answered. Unlike this show where it had a great wrap up where everything was answered which was great. Expand
  21. Nov 25, 2013
    Very re-watchable. So many jokes, delivered so quickly and effortlessly. I thoroughly enjoyed this. A great season finale, although it's shame there was only one season.

1. There are more than a few well-made dramas this season, but "Studio 60" -- with its intelligent dialogue, ironic humor, brilliant acting and Schlamme's inspired direction -- lays claim to being the most exciting new show of the season.
  2. Sorkin brings the same intensity and political sensibilities to the story.
  3. Here's hoping that the strong whiff of sanctimony in the pilot of "Studio 60" is blown away by fresh air in future episodes.